“Close to revitalized downtown by walk, functional rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Double Points!
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Hartford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kirkland, Washington
“Close to revitalized downtown by walk, functional rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

A two night stay on business, the check in was warm and friendly, especially with tips about the downtown area. Room service food was well priced and very fresh, even late at night. The room is very functional and in room coffee exceptionally good for drip. Local drop off with the shuttle was super convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I would like to take a moment to thank you for your positive feedback. Our main focus is serving the needs of our guests and validation that we are accomplishing this is much appreciated. I certainly hope you allow us to be you home away from home again soon.

447 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I am truly grateful for the service received from the Hilton Hartford Hotel. Imani (The Trinity College Black Student Union) held our annual Blackout Dinner Formal at the Hilton this year and it was just amazing. This has been the best one that I have experienced in my three years at Trinity. The food was amazing, the staff were friendly, and the representative I was in contact with treated us like family. I wish to have our event here next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on April 1st. It was okay. However, the front desk staff are not helpful or friendly. Following my stay there my charge on my Amex did not match up with what I expected so I called the hotel for a copy of my receipt since I could not find it. Well, I called 3 times and still have not received my receipt. Each time, they tell me they are sending it, verify my email, and never send it! Not to mention the first person who answers at the Hilton, grunts and forwards you off to someone else immediately. It is TERRIBLE Customer service!!!! I will not be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience you had during your recent stay with us. We strive to make every guests' experience a positive one and we are sorry you were disappointed. We will use your comments as part of our ongoing training as we work towards the goal of superior hospitality. If you are still in need of your receipt please contact me personally at the extension below. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Hartford so that we may show you the hotel experience you deserve.

Duane Schroder
(860) 240-7200
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was at a conference at the Hilton so staying here seemed to be the easiest thing to do. I was booked into a room on the 20th floor. Everything went smoothly at check in and the check in was flawless and friendly. I did not not have a car but needed to find a drugstore and was told directions to a CVS aout 6 blocks away.

The room was absolutely adequate in size and the included WiFi worked well once I called down to the front desk and found they had spelled my last name incorrectly which was why I coujldn't get into the wifi at first. Walked to the CVS as I was given directions. I have been in a lot of downtowns in my travels and while I wouldn't say I felt unsafe, I definitely felt guarded. I was sure to walk while it was light outside but still some deserted streets and people "hanging around" madae me a little edgy. I had a lot of work to do that night so I wanted to pick up some takeout rather than room service but it was slim pickings in the dozen blocks I ended up cruising. There was a Burger King and Subway (no) and some nice places Morton's Steakhouse (not take out!) but the in between places were not very prolific. Ended up going to a place named Ginza Teriyaki. Very limited menu but fresh, cooked to order, cheap and fit the bill.

Great location if you are going to XL center as it is right next door. There is computer and printer in the lobby (both PC and Apple) to easily print your boarding passes. The maid service was very very good and late on all days so that I was not disturbed while getting ready in the morning. I stored my luggage upon checkout as I had an hour to kill and was asked if I would be needing a cab upon my return in an hour. It was all ready and waiting when I came back.

During my trip I ran into numerous employees in the elevator, mgmt asking maintenance for service, cleaning, just general great upkeep of the areas. When I checked out of my room it appeared they were upgrading matresses down the hall or servicing the rooms. I did not find stains or worn furniture as the other reviewers.

My room was quiet. No issues with thin walls.

I remember thinking as I got into the cab at the end of my stay that they really took good care of me. If I have to return to Hartfor downtown, I will definintely stay here again!

Dundrum, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Found the hotel to be quite noisy. The walls between the rooms are paper thin and the AC is extremely loud. That said the hotel is fine. Free Wifi, ample facilities (tea coffee iron etc in room), good location and decent enough bar and restaurant. Good meeting facilities also. A little dated decor.

Room Tip: Get a quiet room
New York City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

From Check-in to Room Service to Check-out, this particular hotel delivers... very friendly front desk staff, very clean rooms and quite floors made the stay a pleasure... the hotel is located 5 mins off of Main Street and an amazing Italian restaurant called Bocca Rosssa... the only issue i had was the not-so-friendly attitude when i requested a late-checkout... hopefully the hotel will fix that issue... otherwise... great stay...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I just checked into the Hartford Hilton this evening, and even though I booked a king room, and am a diamond member I was told my only choices were a handicap room, a double bed room one next to the ice machine and elevators. It's loud. Oh and while they offered me lounge access what they didn't mention and what I have never before experienced and the hundreds of Hilton properties is that the lounge is not complimentary. Basically don't bother with this place, they apparently don't care about loyalty whether it is the honors members or returning guests. The room was clean but that would be the minimum expectation.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal guest and valued HHonors member. We appreciate your input as a frequent traveler and apologize for the lack of HHonors perks available during your stay.

I’d like to clarify the information related to our executive lounge area for HHonors members for TripAdvisor readers. Access for diamond members is always complimentary; however certain amenities do require an additional fee.

We strive to make every guests' experience a positive one and we are sorry you were disappointed. Your input related to the appointment of our rooms is appreciated and is something I’ll use as we work to continuously improve our hotel. As a returning guest and HHonors member, I value your input and hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality service and accommodations you expect from us during your next trip to Hartford.

Duane Schroder

Been to Hilton Hartford? Share your experiences!