“good place to weather the storm” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Hartford
Annapolis, Maryland
“good place to weather the storm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Connecticut has been hit by record-breaking storm Nemo and we're at the Hilton, about 1/2 a mile from the Amtrak station. Unlike some other reviews, no trouble with heat (although the windows do appear to be single glazing - thank heaven for lined drapes) and the room doesn't seem run down. Comfortable beds, good, thick towels, clean room, complimentary wifi, LavAzza coffee in the room, and a small fridge. The staff (front desk and cafe) has been uniformly pleasant and helpful, even though it's clear that the same people who served dinner in the cafe last night are still there serving this morning (since no staff could make it in for a morning shift). The cafe has surprisingly good food at what I consider very reasonable prices for a hotel (cold breakfast buffet was $11 for good quality pastries, a wide variety of fresh fruits/berries, cereals, juices, coffee, yoghurts, granola, etc.; sandwiches and salads at lunch for around $8-10 - good quality and quantity). Our stay isn't over yet, but certainly a good one so far. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for being a guest of our hotel and for sharing feedback from your stay with the TripAdvisor community. We strive for excellence in all we do and your feedback is truly appreciated.

I am so pleased that you found our staff friendly and the location was well-situated during the recent storm. By sharing your observations, we are able to continue to provide a quality experience to all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you at our hotel again very soon.

(860) 728-5151

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Hilton Hartford provided a standard Hilton experience free from any unexpected problems. The room was nicely appointed and comfortable. Room Service was timely and satisfying. I stayed here for the location and had no problems with my arrival, parking or departure. I was treated very well and everything was as I expected it to be. I would recommend this hotel for business and for when its location is important.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for being a guest of our hotel and for sharing feedback from your stay with the TripAdvisor community. I am grateful for the feedback and that you found our staff friendly and accommodating.

We strive for excellence in all we do and your feedback is truly appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Dover, New Hampshire, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel had already been paid via a purchase order which had been faxed in a month prior to my stay. I made them aware of this and was told that it would be taken care of. They instead took it out of my checking card via my debit card, although I provided them with the original purchase order. I have been on the phone with them for 2 days now with no resolution. They do not call back, do not listen to their voice mail and have no idea what they are doing. They are telling me misleading statements about their actions, which when I call my bank, their statements turn out to be fabribcations. Phone calls to the general manager are not returned. Deceptive business practices, incompetence, lack of customer service. I will never stay at a Hilton again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Please accept my sincere apologies for the troubles you encountered during your visit. I would like to assure you and the Trip Advisor community that this matter has been resolved. This incident is a blemish on our service record and I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience this caused. Please know that we take pride in the level of service we provide and we obviously did not meet your or our standards. Your patronage and loyalty is appreciated and I ask for your assistance in letting me know what I can do to earn back your trust.

Duane Schroder

Travelers are raving about these Hartford hotels

Queens
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Was disappointed in this Hilton. All the rooms seemed run down, almost never got an upgrade (assuming that isn't totally their fault, but i was gold at the time), and even the employees seem unexcited to be working there. Even after staying there multiple times and always requesting a fridge I always had to call down to get one, sometimes more than once.
On the bright side it is in walking distance to most of what there is to do in Hartford (for what little there is)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us and for being a valued HHonors member. We strive to make every guests' experience a positive one and we are sorry you were disappointed. We are pleased to now offer fridges in our guest rooms. Your comments will be used as part of our ongoing training as we work towards the goal of superior hospitality. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Hartford so that we may show you the hotel experience you deserve. Please feel free to contact me directly and to ensure a positive experience.

Bristol, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

January 22-23, 2013 - Heat in all guest rooms turned off at 3pm with a promise to be fixed by 6pm. Went to a fantastic performance at Hartford Stage returned at 10:30pm to no heat in room (outside temp 7 degrees - room temp 50 degrees). Desk clerk said to turn on the hot water and turn up the temp on the wall and the heat should come on. Naturally this didn't work. By morning the lobby was filled with guests complaining about no heat and checking out. Almost all of the guest rooms were affected. Found out each room to be reset individually. All we were getting was cold air blowing at high velocity form the vent.

Hotel Management should have offered to move us to their other facility in Hartford where, hopefully, there was heat. We had a large group there for a two-day conference and I plan to never stay at the Hilton again.

The only good thing to say is that the nice lady servicing the lobby offered me a blanket while I sitting trying to warm up in front of the fireplace and the catered breakfast for our meeting was terrific.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Please accept our sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience you had during your recent stay with us. We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused by our heating system's failure and for any discomfort this caused you. We were notified by the power comoany to issue an emergency power reduction. As a result we were required to shut down our system temporarily. Upon receiving instruction to turn our systems back on our heating system failed to power up. Our Engineering Team worked diligently to resolve this issue.

We are glad to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating in this upsetting event and that you were able to enjoy our catered breakfast. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time business brings you to the area so that we may show you the quality hotel stay you deserve from our brand. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact our office directly.

Carmel, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is my second time that I stayed here with my son and his friends to attend a sporting event and still had a wonderful time. Last year the front desk even offered us Hockey tickets for free but we already had tickets to the game.There is a wonderful older bellhop who reminds you of the past. The pool is adequate for a short stay and there is a place to eat downstairs but having 6 boys i had to walk 5 blocks to find a McDonald's.After the walk back I realized i should have gone with the extra money and ate downstairs. I ate there last year and the food was wonderful.The only problem I had this time is the renovation of the garage but once you found your way once you never got lost again. If you are going to any games in the convention center this is the ONLY place you should consider since you can enter it from the hotel.The bartender at night has been there forever and does everything PERFECT and his stories will keep you laughing....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your Trip Advisor review of our hotel.
Our number one priority is the satisfaction of our guest. I will certainly pass along to our management that you found our staff friendly and the Hotel well-located. I am pleased to say that the parking garage renovation is now complete. Only through comments such as yours are we able to continue to provide a quality experience to all of our guests.

Paramus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a tough weekend with hundreds of teenagers coming for a volleyball tournament. The hotel was crazy busy but they looked overwhelmed. The lobby looked nice, but it would be impossible to relax there since the doors were open almost the entire time and it was freezing. They need to rebuild their front door system with a circular door to allow for less cold air to come in. Also, the fire alarm went off at 7 a.m. and I was surprised there was no compensation for those who were affected. I was disappointed that some basic ammenities were not part of the hotel stay-- I had to request washclothes, I only had 3 towels in the room so we ended up sharing a towel for the kids, and Internet access wasn't included. Being a Hilton hHononors elite didn't seem to mean squat at this hotel -- I didn't feel there were any ammenities or different treatment than any of the teenagers that walked in the door for the first time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with the TripAdvisor community. Your input related to the amenities in your room is appreciated and is something I’ll use as we work to continuously improve our hotel. While we recognize the alarm was an inconvenience, we are comfortable in knowing our alarm system functioned exactly as designed. The Hartford Fire Department responded, the cause was investigated and our system was reset. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and want you to know the safety and well-being of our guests is our number one priority. Regarding the internet, we do offer complimentary access through the AT&T Stay Connected Network. Please know that we truly value your input and hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality service and accommodations you expect from us during your next trip to Hartford.

Duan Schroder

Been to Hilton Hartford? Share your experiences!