“Nice Hotel, Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Hartford
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice Hotel, Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a hotel room hear last minute for New Years Eve. I was a little worried at first because I'd read some mixed reviews but I was very happy with our stay here. The staff was very friendly and helpful and checking in and out was very quick and easy. The location was also perfect for NYE. We were within walking distance to Hartford nightlife and lots of nice restaurants which was very convenient. The only negative comment I have is that they charge $18 to self park in their garage which I think is a bit much. I don't feel that I should be charged to park my own car in a hotel garage if I have a room there. Also the walls seem to be a bit thin and you could hear people in the hallway sometimes but it wasn't a big deal for us. Other than that I have to say I had a really nice stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

484 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
New Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on 12/31/12 using our Hilton honors points. We were upgraded to a nicer room which included a complimentary appetizer and complimentary breakfast for only $18 for both. The staff from start to finish we're terrific. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. The room was very clean and overlooked Bushnell Park where we were able to see the 6:00 fireworks. The buffet breakfast was very good with a lot to choose from, including pancakes, eggs hash browns, fruit, delicious. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The best part of the hotel is the convenience to the train station.
The hot tub was broken.
We had problems with the locks on the door.
We could hear a baby crying from the room below.
They charged you for wine in the lounge level (for Hilton Gold & above members)

Disappointing stay and puts a bad name on the Hilton brand.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Westport, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Needs some renovation but still clean and acceptable. Good if you absolutely have to be in downtown Hatford. Concert was on across the street and the hotel had many (6?) security guards out front. Garage is awkward since some access renovation was underway. Staff was very pleasant. Really- everyone! Half-price appetizers at the bar all night on Tuesdays/Thursdays was a GREAT deal. Had 3 with a glass of wine- $25.00! Would sleep there again but if you have a car and can stay 5-6 miles away, there are liiely better deals to be found.
But then again, you would need to deal with AM traffic on weekdays which is horrible. Your call- but not bad.

Room Tip: high floors ARE very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
daggerz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I were going to a concert at the XL center for our fifth year wedding anniversary. So, I booked a stay at the Hilton Hartford over a month prior to my arrival. I booked a non refundable room with a King size bed through Expedia. We arrived at the Hilton Hartford at 6:00 pm and were told there are no more rooms with king size beds. I was very disappointed and told the clerk this was our wedding anniversary. He said the double beds are very "roomy". I asked if there were any suites available (I would've paid extra). He said they were sold out and then he offered to charge $10 versus their normal $18 for parking. Since the concert started at 7:30, we decided to just stay in the room with double beds. I had the worst sleep I've had in a long time. We have a king size bed at home so we're used to the larger bed.

The room was a typical room of a average hotel (definitely not what I would expect from a Hilton). The room had coffee stains on the wall. I've never stayed at a Hilton before but I'd be hesitant to stay at one again.

Upon checkout, I expressed how I was disappointed with my stay, the lady at the front desk just kept insisting to give them another chance and come back next year for our anniversary. I told her I would never go back to that hotel again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Apache Junction, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Whenever I find my company has booked me into a Hilton I am immediately wary. Yes, they have a grand history and worldwide brand recognition. In my experiences, they have tiny rooms and inflated prices.

The Hilton Hartford changed that for me. Yes, this location hasn't been recently renovated, but it was the most pleasant stay I have yet enjoyed.

My colleague and I arrived from the airport to a warm (and somewhat cheery, camp) welcome from the front desk staff. Upon entering my room, I was immediately pleased to see a normal sized hotel room. The decor is a bit dated, but everything was clean and well maintained.

The only unpleasant event during my stay was not at the hand of Hilton. It is a pet friendly hotel, and one of the guests left their dog in the room unattended. This is a no-no. The poor pooch whimpered and barked for 2 hours until the owner returned. My only suggestion to the management is to be more proactive about contacting the owner and/or removing the pet from the room. Besides distressing the pet, the noise bothered every other guest on the floor.

You will find the location great - especially if you are attending the XL Center. And it is within just a couple of blocks of many restaurants/bars/pubs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I met my cousin at the Hilton Hartford for the weekend of November 3-4, 2012. I wanted to stay in a high rise and ended up on the 21st floor which had awesom views of downtown Hartford. The room was extremely clean as was the bathroom which is very important to me. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and up-beat and funny throughout our evening. We had la few apps for lunch at the M+M Bistro there at the restaurant and a few drinks and the food and service were top notch. Atfer doing a little bar hopping in town (all bars/clubs/restaurant are within walking distance from the hotel) which I must say was surprisingly safe to do so, we decided to visit the hotel bar at the M+M and tried their wings which I recommend having...they were very good!!! We ended the evening at the hotels bar and met a lot of nice people. Turned out the bartender, David, graduated the same year I did but from the rival High School, East Hartford High!!! I will stay there again, for sure!!! The only draw back was the parking garage which was difficult to navigate and was $18 per night.

Room Tip: The higher the better!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Hartford? Share your experiences!