“OK+, acceptable, really great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Double Points!
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Hartford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Westport, CT
“OK+, acceptable, really great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Needs some renovation but still clean and acceptable. Good if you absolutely have to be in downtown Hatford. Concert was on across the street and the hotel had many (6?) security guards out front. Garage is awkward since some access renovation was underway. Staff was very pleasant. Really- everyone! Half-price appetizers at the bar all night on Tuesdays/Thursdays was a GREAT deal. Had 3 with a glass of wine- $25.00! Would sleep there again but if you have a car and can stay 5-6 miles away, there are liiely better deals to be found.
But then again, you would need to deal with AM traffic on weekdays which is horrible. Your call- but not bad.

Room Tip: high floors ARE very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

481 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
daggerz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I were going to a concert at the XL center for our fifth year wedding anniversary. So, I booked a stay at the Hilton Hartford over a month prior to my arrival. I booked a non refundable room with a King size bed through Expedia. We arrived at the Hilton Hartford at 6:00 pm and were told there are no more rooms with king size beds. I was very disappointed and told the clerk this was our wedding anniversary. He said the double beds are very "roomy". I asked if there were any suites available (I would've paid extra). He said they were sold out and then he offered to charge $10 versus their normal $18 for parking. Since the concert started at 7:30, we decided to just stay in the room with double beds. I had the worst sleep I've had in a long time. We have a king size bed at home so we're used to the larger bed.

The room was a typical room of a average hotel (definitely not what I would expect from a Hilton). The room had coffee stains on the wall. I've never stayed at a Hilton before but I'd be hesitant to stay at one again.

Upon checkout, I expressed how I was disappointed with my stay, the lady at the front desk just kept insisting to give them another chance and come back next year for our anniversary. I told her I would never go back to that hotel again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Apache Junction, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Whenever I find my company has booked me into a Hilton I am immediately wary. Yes, they have a grand history and worldwide brand recognition. In my experiences, they have tiny rooms and inflated prices.

The Hilton Hartford changed that for me. Yes, this location hasn't been recently renovated, but it was the most pleasant stay I have yet enjoyed.

My colleague and I arrived from the airport to a warm (and somewhat cheery, camp) welcome from the front desk staff. Upon entering my room, I was immediately pleased to see a normal sized hotel room. The decor is a bit dated, but everything was clean and well maintained.

The only unpleasant event during my stay was not at the hand of Hilton. It is a pet friendly hotel, and one of the guests left their dog in the room unattended. This is a no-no. The poor pooch whimpered and barked for 2 hours until the owner returned. My only suggestion to the management is to be more proactive about contacting the owner and/or removing the pet from the room. Besides distressing the pet, the noise bothered every other guest on the floor.

You will find the location great - especially if you are attending the XL Center. And it is within just a couple of blocks of many restaurants/bars/pubs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I met my cousin at the Hilton Hartford for the weekend of November 3-4, 2012. I wanted to stay in a high rise and ended up on the 21st floor which had awesom views of downtown Hartford. The room was extremely clean as was the bathroom which is very important to me. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and up-beat and funny throughout our evening. We had la few apps for lunch at the M+M Bistro there at the restaurant and a few drinks and the food and service were top notch. Atfer doing a little bar hopping in town (all bars/clubs/restaurant are within walking distance from the hotel) which I must say was surprisingly safe to do so, we decided to visit the hotel bar at the M+M and tried their wings which I recommend having...they were very good!!! We ended the evening at the hotels bar and met a lot of nice people. Turned out the bartender, David, graduated the same year I did but from the rival High School, East Hartford High!!! I will stay there again, for sure!!! The only draw back was the parking garage which was difficult to navigate and was $18 per night.

Room Tip: The higher the better!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stopped with wife and baby on the way back from MA to NYC. Off with the bad, hotel parking is expensive at $18 for a medium-sized city like Hartford. For those that don't know Hartford, I wouldn't really bother making a stop of it other than to sleep. As for the hotel proper, we had nothing but good experiences. Great rate through AAA and a Tripadvisor discount. Upgraded to an exec room for a small fee, which was more than repaid by free breakfast. The staff went the extra mile to accommodate our little one. Emilia and the other staff in the bistro, in particular, were fantastic and my daughter loved them back. The room was large and clean, as was the pool. One of the reviewers mentioned smell of smoke. I have a pretty good nose and noticed nothing of the sort.

Room Tip: Upgrade, it's worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
West Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight during a large women's conference. The location can't be beat and the beds were VERY comfortable, but they could not handle the crowd without hiccups. Long lines for check in and elevators, requests that went unfulfilled despite promises and follow up calls, and breakfast room service delivery that arrived 90 mins past requested time and not as ordered. Bummer.

• Stayed November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Below average hotel with average staff with above average prices. I stayed for 4 nights during a work trip. I don't generally stay in Hiltons and this is a great hotel to explain why. The staff was decent, for a low to mid hotel but definitely not flagship hotel staff. The business center had poor hours and the breakfast was always out at 7am, which means that people who woke up later had to scrimp for toast. The whole hotel reeks of smoke and the indoor pool was closed. I will definitely not return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
whgecomm, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Hi sam0sa. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences during your visit to Hartford. I’m sorry to read that your stay wasn’t more pleasant and we didn’t earn your praise.

I would be remiss, however, if I did not let the Trip Advisor Community know that that comments provided do not accurately reflect the services and amenities we offer at our full service hotel. I want to take this opportunity to clarify some topics that were mentioned.

The business center at the Hilton Hartford Downtown hotel is open and accessible 24 hours a day to meet the needs of our patrons. Our guests can print boarding passes, check email and look up local area attractions at any hour of the day or night when it’s convenient for them to do so. Our m&m Bistro restaurant is located adjacent to the lobby and while it does offer a breakfast buffet option on the menu, m&m Bistro is a bona fide restaurant featuring a full bar and offers a large menu of meals and a la carte items. Both hotel guests and local Hartford residents enjoy m&m for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I sincerely appreciate all the reviews and comments for our hotel posted on Trip Advisor and use them as a means to consistently improve the quality of the services and lodging we provide. If your experience was different from the descriptions above, please contact me directly at the hotel so we can discuss the matter in detail and get to the bottom of where we fell short. I want to make it right for you and ensure our future guests are confident that they can expect superior customer service and full service amenities at our hotel.

Duane Schroder,

Been to Hilton Hartford? Share your experiences!