“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 363 Restaurants in Hartford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Minneapolis, MN
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Went here for a business dinner. The facility itself is a bit dated. Service was good. Food was excellent on the pasta and specials. Some of the other items were just good. Dessert was amazing. Prices were very reasonable. I'd go back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Queens, New York
“The bread is to die for!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I recently visited this establishment on the Saturday of St. Patrick's day weekend. I was in the area and looking for something affordable, but yet delicious. My boyfriend and myself were seated immediately and even placed in a quiet area, although there were crowds by the bar. Once we were seated, I drinks came immediately and so did the bread. This stuff must be sent from GOD (whoever is up there) because it is delicious and lunch was delicious as well. The only regret I have is not getting bread to go.

If you looking for quick and good service I would recommend Salute. Even if it is an unplanned trip they will take care of you.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hartford, Connecticut
“First Class city restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nice ambience, great food-upscale. Parking on street, and park to walk through across the street.
Other attractions within walking distance. Art, science, capitol, theatre, etc.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beacon Falls, Connecticut
“One Word - AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Salute is by far one of my favorite restaurants in Connecticut!! The food, service, and atmosphere are all TOP NOTCH! Located right in the heart of downtown Hartford, Salute is a wonderful choice for dinner with friends, family, or for a romantic date night. And make sure to order the "cheesy bread" appetizer! It is unreal! And sometimes the servers are nice enough to send you home with a complimentary loaf or two "just because". Highly recommend!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake Placid, New York
“Great food, great service, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was in town with my daughter for an interview the next day. After a 5 hour drive, checking into our room we needed to eat! Boy did we eat good, mussels piled high with fresh Italian bread to dunk in the savory juice, rose pasta a tortellini pasta with big chunks of crumbled sweet sausage and spinach in a creamy delish tomato sauce and a 6 ounce fillet and creamy mashed potatoes. We partnered our meal with house wine. No room for dessert I had coffee my daughter had another glass of wine. Our waitress was a doll, she brought each one of us a white bag with about 10 biscotti in each bag to eat later. Both of us walked out with doggie bags. It looks to be a downtown after work stop so go after 7:30pm and there won't be a wait for a table. Hope I get the job so I can return there

• Visited April 2014