“We received such a warm & amiable reception upon entering this restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salute

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 402 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Hayward, California
“We received such a warm & amiable reception upon entering this restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I would classify this atmosphere to be “casual elegance”. One may dress semi-formal, smart casual or casual and feel comfortable.

I adored the menu selection. Yes, it was an abundance to select from and if I had the opportunity, I would try them all. The price is expensive but well worth it!

Our waiter, Rafael, knew his menu items thoroughly. He recommended excellent menu selections with my dietary restrictions.

We ordered the Gabbiano Chianti, recommended by Rafael.

Then, placed our dinner order:
Spasta Pesto - julienne vegetables in a nest of spaghetti squash in home made meat sauce. The flavors exploded in my mouth. Scrumptious.
Shrimp Piccata – leeks, onions, capers and tomato in white wine, lemon and butter sauce over linguine

During our dinner, I spoke with Rafael, and requested we conclude our meal in order to meet our return CT Transit bus @ Union Station. Rafael met that time frame with time to spare – outstanding time management.

We had the Lava cake with vanilla gelato chocolate sauce and candies walnuts.

Kudos to the entire Kitchen Staff for such a delectable meal.

I would return and I would invite my travel friends to eat here, as well. Andrew Zimmern would be pleased.

• Visited September 2013

gottsled
“Number 1 for a reason!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

In Hartford for a school librarians conference. This restaurant was recommended by the hotel and when we saw it was ranked #1 we decided to try it. We weren't disappointed. The ambiance was wonderful, service was knowledgable and friendly. The food was superb! We had the butternut squash salad and spring rolls as appetizers. Both were outstanding. Each could have served two people. For main dishes we had chicken alla Bella and the spaghetti squash entree. Again, ample portions and really tasty. For dessert we shared the white chocolate mousse. Not too sweet, really delicious. I'd go back tomorrow!

• Visited November 2013
Manchester, Connecticut, USA
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Went here for the first time on a Saturday night with my boyfriend and we were so impressed. From the host to the servers, everyone was warm and welcoming. We were asked our name by the gentleman who was working at the front of the house, he came back a couple of times asking us how everything was- not a common thing these days. The restaurant was packed (albeit noisy) and we had reservations for 7:45. To start we ordered the cheesy garlic bread, it was delicious! My boyfriend ordered the gnocchi and I had the penne a la vodka with chicken. It didn't take long for our food to arrive and we were offered freshly grated Parmesan to top them off. We both groaned with delight taking our first bites. We also had split a bottle of wine, which was very reasonably priced. So now this is where things got even better. We had our leftovers wrapped and the gentleman from earlier came by and dropped off a full loaf of cheesy garlic bread to take home with our leftovers! We were thrilled. Then our server insisted that we order dessert, we said we were full but the tiramisu sounded great. Lo and behold she comes over with the check and a box of tiramisu to go, on the house because she felt we had waited too long when we were first seated. A very nice gesture! Then she also came back with a bag of biscotti for "nibbling on the ride home." We have eaten at so many places and often the food is great but the service may be lacking. Not at Salute. The entire staff was friendly and treats everyone like family. The food was great, the portions are generous. And by the way, the tiramisu was excellent. I cannot wait to bring my friends and enjoy another meal there!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. John's, Canada
“Number One for a Reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Rated first out of 388 establishments by Trip Advisor we chose this restaurant for dinner on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was very busy with the pre-theatre crowd but they could accommodate us at 7:30. When we arrived the place was packed but our table was ready. All four of us chose the excellent lettuce, pear, walnut, blue cheese salad and followed it with three orders of filet mignon with mashed potatoes or asparagus and one order of seared rare tuna with spring rolls. We chose a $38 bottle of Californian Petite Syrah to accompany our meal. Our server was attentive, frequently refilling water glasses without being asked. This was a very good dining experience. Dinner for four with wine before tip $184. And, in a last classy act, the manager handed each couple a bag or biscotti as we left the restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burlington, Connecticut, United States
“Downtown Hartford Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had to attend a surprise birthday party in Downtown Hartford. The surprise was on us as the restaurant turned out to be the best new find in the area. We rarely leave the suburban food scene to head to Hartford with the hassles of traffic & parking. Now we have a great reason. From the appetizers to the entrees everything was out of this world tasty. The sauces on the Pasta dishes suberb...one better than the other. A super friendly and efficient staff ACTUALLY seemed to be enjoying serving our party. The birthday girl had a wonderful time and the staff didn't seem to mind four grandchildren running around. I'd recommend this place for a quiet romantic dinner as well as a full blown party like ours. Met one of the owners, Jimmy, not only a real nice guy but I was told he recently won a major award. Well deserved I'd say. Finally my wife and I have a new favorite restaurant and a reason to go downtown again.

• Visited October 2013