“GROSS !!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Inn Motel

You added Travel Inn Motel to your Saves list
Travel Inn Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Weston Street, I-91 Exit #33, Hartford, CT 06120 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn Hartford)   |
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Hartford
Salem, Massachusetts
“GROSS !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Wow, the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in. Stayed there only for convenience to see a show at the Xfinity and not have to drive home. Next time I would drive or walk home and NOT stay in this dump.
Room smelled of stale cigarettes, rug was nasty--would NOT walk barefoot on it, said "No" to a shower, the shower/tub was filthy, the lights needs a hit to come on, all night could hear neighbors yelling, swearing, we would only leave the room if we were together--safety is definitely questionable.
Never going back there.

Room Tip: No rooms appear good. Do not stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Upon check-in, the rudest hotel clerk I have ever encountered informed me that a second parking pass would have the additional fee. I tried nicely to explain that we had booked for 2 people, and come from different states and that the online purchase receipt states that parking is free for guests. She copped an attitude, did not adequately explain the reason for the charge. She slapped the receipt down after running my card, and then when I looked at the total to make sure the charges were accurate, she said, "you need to sign that!" I explained that I wanted to check the total first, and she proceeded to wait on the customer behind me! She still has not given me the parking pass or a room key. So I hand her back the receipt and ask for a parking pass and room key again. With a huff, she slapped the parking pass down in front of me, and walks away again! I'm trying to be polite with her, but I still dont have a room key, and it takes me TWICE more to ask her before she hands it to me.

Now, aside from the bait and switch with the parking and the incredible rudeness of the woman at the desk, the room was in the top 10 of the worst Ive been in. Dirty, smelled of cigarette smoke all night, towels with stains, and mold in the shower.

The price was outrageous for the quality of the room. The single positive part of the stay is that if you're attending a concert at the Xfinity theater, it is quite close, and enables you to walk. But next time, I'm going to stay somewhere less expensive and pay the cab fare. There are plenty of hotels less than $160 (with tax) which ACTUALLY do have free parking, better customer service, cleaner rooms, and that with the cost of a split cab ride will still be less expensive. Shut this place down. I suggest you dArrived Saturday, after driving two hours from another state to meet up with a friend from a state in the opposite direction. Their promotion online says that parking is free for guests, and that free parking may be available for the public. Well, this is a LIE. They had a crazy parking pass system and only ONE came with the room, the other was only available for a $20 fee! So we booked for 2 people, but this is already a bait and switch scheme.

The price was outrageous for the quality of the room. The single positive part of the stay is that if you're attending a concert at the Xfinity theater, it is quite close, and enables you to walk. But next time, I'm going to stay somewhere less expensive and pay the cab fare. There are plenty of hotels less than $160 (with tax) which ACTUALLY do have free parking, better customer service, cleaner rooms, and that with the cost of a split cab ride will still be less expensive. Shut this place down. I suggest you do the same.

• Stayed July 2014
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I booked a room so we didn't have to drive home after a concert. When we arrived it looked like spring break. Young college kids were drinking and playing games all over the lawn and parking lot. Other than being slightly worried about my car, we were fine with dealing with the loud crowd b/c we were probably all there for the same concert. That's not the bad part...

We paid $160.00 for a disgusting room!!! I called and complained the minute we got to the room. I asked to be switched to a better room, but they said it was all booked and we couldn't switch. I told them that I asked for a nonsmoking room and our room stunk! Apparently I already had a non smoking room so I complained about the smell. The hotel's solution? They sent someone to spray the room with air freshener. WHAT?! But it doesn't just end with a terrible smell that didn't go away after a quick spray!

The toilet ran constantly. There was a mini fridge with yellow stains that marked where old magnets used to be (weird?). I was afraid to open the mini fridge, so let's leave it at that. The towels had black and yellow stains. The comforter was ripped, and when we pulled it down to check the sheets, we saw red and brown stains (blood??!!). The sheets looked semi clean. The box spring was wrapped in plastic (strange). All the walls including the bathroom walls had stains and drip marks. There was even a hole in the wall! I was afraid to shower there. Remember that constantly running toilet I mentioned? Well, it ended up OVER FLOWING onto the FLOOR when we used it in the morning... This hotel was so terrible that it's beyond what I can explain to you in this review!

We did not want to stay in the room but EVERY other hotel was booked because of the concert! PLUS, the hotel had a posted policy: "No refunds after 10 minutes of check-in." That alone should be a clue to anyone that this is a terrible place to stay. This is the first time my boyfriend didn't do good "research" before booking a room. We won't make that mistake again!

Room Tip: None of the rooms can be considered good rooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bayside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

So the slum lord owner raised his prices due to a concert in the city. Not worth $50 a night but he tripled that for this weekend. Only Hotel that had a room so we had no choice that or a 4 hour drive home at 11pm OMG. Can you say drug/prostitue house! The room smelled like puke and smoke it had garbage all over. Bed was torn, springs coming out, tv didn't work, a random mini fridge was setup right near the front door all yellow and smelly with food left in it. Just a horrible experience I wish I had booked three months earlier so I wasn't stuck in this dump. Would have taken a card board box on the street over this. Do not give this place any of your money!!

• Stayed July 2014
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have stayed in some horrible motels but this place is truly, truly gross.
First, know this motel is almost directly across the street from a correctional facility.
I checked in after 6 PM. The parking lot was nearly vacant. I noticed a lot of broken glass. It was a Friday night and most of the rooms appeared empty except for a solitary resident who kept going into his room and then across the parking lot to talk to different guys. 6 PM is still daylight hours during this time of year and something told me this was the kind of place that is only active at night.
I went into my room. It was really bad. Paint peeling from the walls. I make it a point to always check the mattress when I check in to a questionable motel. When I went to grab the mattress to pull it back, I noticed it was sticky and wet. The floor between the mattress and the wall was so dirty and gross - parts of crumbled wall, a condom wrapper (!), coins, crumbs, and dirt.
When I left the room, a young woman wearing an almost nonexistent skirt and bright red lipstick was circling the motel.
I have never checked out of a motel before because of poor conditions. I did this time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Its $64.39 w tax so can't expect much. Run down and sorta dirty. Guest laundry a joke. Very basic and to the point. Its an old motel6 and was a red roof inn then was Americas best value inn now travel inn motel. Nothing has changed. 1 thin towel n bad water pressure. Its next to McDonalds and bk and near a prison and even has a Hartford police substation in 1 of the motels rooms. Very sketchy people and maybe not great for kids r more than a night r 2 very musty and for very little more there is a super 8 in same area that's slightly better but not by much.

• Stayed May 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Let me start off by saying its 3/15/13 and everything is still the same people!!!!!! The linens have burn holes, found the back of an earing between the sheets"the sheets were not changed for sure, mold on the shower curtain, non smoking room had cigar paper "Better known as Blunts" all around the trash barrel, heard a lady ask if there was breakfast,coffee the house cleaning said "theres a McDonalds next door" wow the rug, lets say Keep those shoes on!!!!! lets see, toilet filthy, the water in it ran all night,i could see out the door when it was closed. 2nd night here and the ONLY reason i considered a 2nd is like everybody else, convenience close to everything.But i tell ya, rather stay at my mother inlaws and we all know how that could be! :)

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Travel Inn Motel? Share your experiences!