“Dont Even Think About Staying Here!!!!!! 3/15/13” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Inn Motel

Save Saved
You added Travel Inn Motel to your Saves list
Travel Inn Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Weston Street, I-91 Exit #33, Hartford, CT 06120 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn Hartford)   |
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Hartford
Hartford, Connecticut
“Dont Even Think About Staying Here!!!!!! 3/15/13”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Let me start off by saying its 3/15/13 and everything is still the same people!!!!!! The linens have burn holes, found the back of an earing between the sheets"the sheets were not changed for sure, mold on the shower curtain, non smoking room had cigar paper "Better known as Blunts" all around the trash barrel, heard a lady ask if there was breakfast,coffee the house cleaning said "theres a McDonalds next door" wow the rug, lets say Keep those shoes on!!!!! lets see, toilet filthy, the water in it ran all night,i could see out the door when it was closed. 2nd night here and the ONLY reason i considered a 2nd is like everybody else, convenience close to everything.But i tell ya, rather stay at my mother inlaws and we all know how that could be! :)

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Not a good experience for us. Although nothing untoward happened, I didn’t feel safe and although we didn’t see any dirt, the place smelt and just didn’t feel clean. We were glad to leave when morning came. However, good location for getting on the interstate and affordable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Toilet are seldom or never cleaned. Housekeepers barge into the rooms and tell you they are paid per room but, do any cleaning except maybe empty the trash can. The are changing names to Travel Inn. Which is far less reputable. If you are a non-smoker, be prepared to have a smoky room, as crack heads smoke funny cigs all night in surrounding rooms.

I forgot to mention, if you stay past 1 day, the next day after the housekeeper("Clean or attempt to clean" your room) your door will need resetting to gain access to your room. Everyday I am required to reset my key, which is no smart if I am staying for a few weeks.

Plus is there is a Mc Donalds and BK in the parking lot, Coffee all nite and day :)

Room Tip: If you can live with something like this go to Berlin Turnpike and pay $220 a week, same yourself so...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Amazingly this place appeared in a reputable guide book so we checked in unaware of what was awaiting us. The room had been cleaned but there was still an unpleasant smell in the air and what looked like permanently ground in dirt in the bathroom. I've stayed in worse as a backpacker but my wife certainly hadn't and ended up putting a towel over the pillow to keep her head off the cover. It was late so we stayed and drove on the next morning but if it had been any earlier we'd have been back into reception for our money back (a sign helpfully says all transactions are final after ten minutes so make it quick if you decide you'd rather not stay). Come the morning, on seeing our fellow guests, it didn't give us any suggestion that this might be a 'family friendly' motel. Most of the characters could be succinctly described as 'dodgy'. Hey, et least it was cheap...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This place is by far the worst motel I've ever stayed at and I've been to some pretty bad motels. All the other reviews of this motel are dead on and I can't describe in words how bad this place really is, but I'll try.

I stayed here for a concert at the Comcast Theatre with some friends because it's within walking distance of the venue - that's where the positives end. As for the negatives, the door barely closed/locked, there was no clock/radio, there was no remote control for the TV, the sheets had holes all over, the comforter and carpet were filthy, the main light didn’t even have a light bulb in it and there were electrical wires coming out of a busted socket behind the bed right where your head would rest. No joke. There was also no shower head - it was literally a pipe sticking out of the wall and the water came out so hard it hurt. The tub didn't drain, so I was standing in dirty/soapy water and if you showered more than about 8 minutes the tub would overflow all over the floor. The toilet handle didn't really flush and there were burn marks all over the bathroom floor and walls. To top it all off, there was no phone to call the front desk to express any of these concerns.

When we walked to the front desk to request a different room, we had to wait for 20 minutes in a locked off lobby area and when an employee finally came out, she was rude, unhelpful and uncaring, so we ending up being stuck in this nightmare room. While we were waiting, some other people behind the locked door glass area made threatening gestures in our direction for some reason. There were also shady people walking around the parking lot all night looking in random cars, asking people for beer/cigarettes/money and watching what rooms people went into. I believe the Hartford police even have a small office somewhere in the motel, but their presence was nowhere to be found. If you value your health or safety, pay an extra $60 and stay downtown.

I will say that I wrote to the company headquarters after I returned home and they passed along my concerns to the motel manager, who I later ended up speaking with on the phone. He did agree to refund 50% of what I paid for both nights, so at least that was commendable on his part.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Groton, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

The worst place to stay! I am in the military & have stayed in a lot of place, but none have ever been as bad & nasty as this one! The only reason we stopped there was because it was so close to the Comcast Theater for the concert. The first 3 keys did not work to my first room so they gave me another room of which the door was broken, so they gave me a 3rd room. The light did not work in this room which deadened the site I'm sure.... there was mold everywhere, it was a non-smoking room and smelled like an ashtray, cigarette butts were thru-out the room & there were burn holes in the linen & blankets, I had no towels in the bathroom & at that point I would not have used them anyway. Just a safety hazard and I hope the health inspectors go in and close it down. Making a trip to my doc tomorrow to make sure I still have a clean bill of health. If you need a place to stay.... keep driving to somewhere else!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dartmouth, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Just an overnight stop, but would not stay here. The location is terrible and the rooms are run down and smelly. In an area of car lots and jail. Only food was McD, Subway and Dunkin Donuts. Got lost trying to find a place for dinner, so ended up with Subway after an hour. Would not stay here again, even on a quick overnight.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Travel Inn Motel? Share your experiences!