“Nightmare on Weston Street” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Inn Motel

You added Travel Inn Motel to your Saves list
Travel Inn Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Weston Street, I-91 Exit #33, Hartford, CT 06120 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn Hartford)   |
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Hartford
San Diego, California
“Nightmare on Weston Street”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Toilet are seldom or never cleaned. Housekeepers barge into the rooms and tell you they are paid per room but, do any cleaning except maybe empty the trash can. The are changing names to Travel Inn. Which is far less reputable. If you are a non-smoker, be prepared to have a smoky room, as crack heads smoke funny cigs all night in surrounding rooms.

I forgot to mention, if you stay past 1 day, the next day after the housekeeper("Clean or attempt to clean" your room) your door will need resetting to gain access to your room. Everyday I am required to reset my key, which is no smart if I am staying for a few weeks.

Plus is there is a Mc Donalds and BK in the parking lot, Coffee all nite and day :)

Room Tip: If you can live with something like this go to Berlin Turnpike and pay $220 a week, same yourself so...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Amazingly this place appeared in a reputable guide book so we checked in unaware of what was awaiting us. The room had been cleaned but there was still an unpleasant smell in the air and what looked like permanently ground in dirt in the bathroom. I've stayed in worse as a backpacker but my wife certainly hadn't and ended up putting a towel over the pillow to keep her head off the cover. It was late so we stayed and drove on the next morning but if it had been any earlier we'd have been back into reception for our money back (a sign helpfully says all transactions are final after ten minutes so make it quick if you decide you'd rather not stay). Come the morning, on seeing our fellow guests, it didn't give us any suggestion that this might be a 'family friendly' motel. Most of the characters could be succinctly described as 'dodgy'. Hey, et least it was cheap...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This place is by far the worst motel I've ever stayed at and I've been to some pretty bad motels. All the other reviews of this motel are dead on and I can't describe in words how bad this place really is, but I'll try.

I stayed here for a concert at the Comcast Theatre with some friends because it's within walking distance of the venue - that's where the positives end. As for the negatives, the door barely closed/locked, there was no clock/radio, there was no remote control for the TV, the sheets had holes all over, the comforter and carpet were filthy, the main light didn’t even have a light bulb in it and there were electrical wires coming out of a busted socket behind the bed right where your head would rest. No joke. There was also no shower head - it was literally a pipe sticking out of the wall and the water came out so hard it hurt. The tub didn't drain, so I was standing in dirty/soapy water and if you showered more than about 8 minutes the tub would overflow all over the floor. The toilet handle didn't really flush and there were burn marks all over the bathroom floor and walls. To top it all off, there was no phone to call the front desk to express any of these concerns.

When we walked to the front desk to request a different room, we had to wait for 20 minutes in a locked off lobby area and when an employee finally came out, she was rude, unhelpful and uncaring, so we ending up being stuck in this nightmare room. While we were waiting, some other people behind the locked door glass area made threatening gestures in our direction for some reason. There were also shady people walking around the parking lot all night looking in random cars, asking people for beer/cigarettes/money and watching what rooms people went into. I believe the Hartford police even have a small office somewhere in the motel, but their presence was nowhere to be found. If you value your health or safety, pay an extra $60 and stay downtown.

I will say that I wrote to the company headquarters after I returned home and they passed along my concerns to the motel manager, who I later ended up speaking with on the phone. He did agree to refund 50% of what I paid for both nights, so at least that was commendable on his part.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Groton, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

The worst place to stay! I am in the military & have stayed in a lot of place, but none have ever been as bad & nasty as this one! The only reason we stopped there was because it was so close to the Comcast Theater for the concert. The first 3 keys did not work to my first room so they gave me another room of which the door was broken, so they gave me a 3rd room. The light did not work in this room which deadened the site I'm sure.... there was mold everywhere, it was a non-smoking room and smelled like an ashtray, cigarette butts were thru-out the room & there were burn holes in the linen & blankets, I had no towels in the bathroom & at that point I would not have used them anyway. Just a safety hazard and I hope the health inspectors go in and close it down. Making a trip to my doc tomorrow to make sure I still have a clean bill of health. If you need a place to stay.... keep driving to somewhere else!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dartmouth, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Just an overnight stop, but would not stay here. The location is terrible and the rooms are run down and smelly. In an area of car lots and jail. Only food was McD, Subway and Dunkin Donuts. Got lost trying to find a place for dinner, so ended up with Subway after an hour. Would not stay here again, even on a quick overnight.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Mansfield Center
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

Like the rest of them said:Filthiest Motel I've ever been to. My boyfriend and I decided to stay here for a night because of it's closeness to many areas like the Convention Center. I was graduating from college that day and we wanted to celebrate. It was the worst place ever!!! DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO STOP HERE. The staff was very rude. There were stains everywhere. The phone did not work, the TV didn't work. The bathroom was very unsanitary! There was even a cigarette burn on the toilet seat. That night was a nightmare. My boyfriend couldn't see us resting or sleeping there, so we left that night. What a waste of money and a way to destroy my college grad party :(

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
abvihartfrod, Manager at Travel Inn Motel, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We sincerely apologize about the issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that telephone and television have been fixed. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Regards,
KP Patel-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Hartford CT
Saint John, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

My door was previously kicked in and I could reach my hand through it. There was still pee on the seat. Pee on the bathroom floor.Stained sheets. Wet stained sheets. Smoke holes in the sheets. Flimsy windows. Dirty carpet. The pillows may as well have been pillow cases they were so thin. Air conditioner worked great though. The outside looks really very nice as well as the grounds....but the rest...yikes...I like roughing it but not if I need a vaccination for a night in it. Move on people or sleep in the car.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with the quality of your room. We have purchased all new linens, hired and trained new housekeepers, and have implemented new cleaning procedures. We believe these corrective measures will enhance the overall experience at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,
KP Patel-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Hartford, CT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Hilton Hartford
BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown
Residence Inn Hartford Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Travel Inn Motel? Share your experiences!