“Good non-downtown location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hartford Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added Hartford Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Hartford Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   185 Brainard Road, Hartford, CT 06114 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites)   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hartford
Lexington, Kentucky
“Good non-downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Whenever I return to Hartford, i stay at this hotel just off I-91 a couple of miles south of downtown. I've always had a good experience, even on one of those Saturday night young kids' concert nights mentioned by others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for the positive review. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We arrived early to use the pool ( not heated ) , then go to a concert that nite...Pool is very clean , but cold....Our room was on the second floor. The second you got off the elevator it was like being in a sauna... The wash area for all the linens is right there and they leave the door open... HOT>HOT ... The room was nice, large and very clean. Beds were a little hard.It was cool in the room. We used the shuttle to go to dinner and then he came back and took us to the concert... Santos was our driver...No charge, just a tip....The front desk gave us a cab company to get back from the concert...OMG... Speeding, reckless driving, you name it...And we talked to 4 other cab riders who experianced the same sort of trip back....Didn't eat the breakfast so i can't rate it..

Room Tip: Stay on first floor.....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear JAMAINTHEWIND,

I am sorry you experienced some issues. You may contact me at hartfordgm@wnwhospitality.com. The outdoor seasonal pool is actually heated and I have not been informed of an issue so I appreciate you letting me know so I may follow up.

Unfortunately, the second floor ventilation was down for two weeks until the new compressor arrived. It is working now. In addition, if you could let me know what cab company we recommended so I can address with the staff I would greatly appreciate it.

I hope you enjoyed the concert.

Detroit, mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near the airport. Not bad for a cheap stay. Room air conditioner cycled all night though. Breakfast is free. But not gourmet food by any means. Really did not hear any air traffic.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear fbmich,

Thank you for writing a nice review. While we are near Brainard Airport it is a private airport so there is not much air traffic. Thank yo for choosing to stay with us!

Hope to see you again!

Taunton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by at noon to see if I could early check in cause we were headed to a concert. Had ZERO issues. Could not go to the room cause they were cleaning them. Got my room key & left. Came back to a very clean room with very nice beds. Room had a computer table & a table for 2. Another good Holiday Inn experience !

• Stayed September 2013
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear MIkieJ34,

Thank you for such a nice review and I am glad you had zero issues--that is what the team strives for. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

The Comcast Theater and XL both have good shows and our hotel is so convenient to their locations.

We hope to see you soon!

Columbus,OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed with a large group. The inn treated us so well. The room was exceptionally clean, the beds and pillows perfect. The room was an upgrade. However, the design is bit confusing in that there is a low wall and pilar separating the bed from the sofa/living area which makes no sense. There are two large flat screen TVs just because the pilar makes it impossible to see one or the other. The location is out of the way. One good restaurant is adjacent which is helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Baily03;

Thank you for the four stars and such a nice review. We are glad that you and your group chose to stay with us. I believe you are referring to the Chowder Pot and we always here of good reviews of there as well.

Thank you and hope to see you again!
Hartford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stay at Holiday Inn properties every week. This hotel had the usual amenities you expect from a city hotel. Free parking, a short drive to downtown, free breakfast, pool, decent rooms, etc. However, when comparing many hotels, this place is not at the top of my list. Upon checking in at 10 pm on a Wednesday, the front desk counter was littered with junk food wrappers (at least four opened bags of chips with crumbs everywhere). The manager was leaning on the counter looking very unprofessional. The carpet in the elevator was filthy and appeared to have not been cleaned in some time. The hotel was below the Holiday Inn Express standard overall.. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Steve375;

First let me apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I have looked at the schedule for the last two weeks and I did not have a male scheduled at 10pm last Wednesday or the Wednesday prior. I know your time is valuable but I definitely want to follow up and discipline the correct employee. First impressions are so important.

If you could please email me at hartfordgm@wnwhospitality.com with your last name and/or room number so I may investigate and follow up accordingly.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had booked my stay with a third party company ,and requested a room at the end of a hall,but unfortunately when I arrived, there were no rooms available upon check in. Which didn't seem like a big deal anymore once I checked in quick with a very pleasant attendant at the desk. There were a few interuptions I could clearly hear coming from the hallway. I would request a more a room at the end of the hall to anyone that may choose to stay. This is not a noisy hotel, but the doors sure are, so if you are a light sleeper ,such as I, keep that in mind. The Hotel management was extremely accommodating when I requested a room change , Arsenio Lozada(mngmnt) was very understanding ,and eager to make my stay as comfortable as he could. In which he moved me to a room down the hall, and on the backside facing the pool. WOW! The suites are worth the extra few dollars to stay. Very Spacious, and a different feel. I will be returning!!! For someone who may be selective on their choice on hotels, this ones a win!!!!

Room Tip: I would choose one of the mini suites, its worth a price difference. Also, end of the hallway (you c...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear comstocktraveler,

Thank you for writing such a nice review. I am glad Arsenio was able to honor your request. He is an asset to our Front Desk team and sets the example for the staff.

We hope to see you soon!

GM

Been to Hartford Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!