“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hartford
Kennewick
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The queen suite was clean and quite. The shower had not been cleaned from the previous guest. Hair and shampoo left. We cleaned it ourselves. Hopefully this was a one time oversight. The rest of the room was clean. The breakfast was standard fare . The attendant was not very attendant as egg and sausage trays were empty the entire time we ate, about 15 minutes. The. Front staff were friendly and helpful. Access was easy. Overall good value.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear harv2u, Thank you for giving us 4 out of 5 stars. I do apologize that the shower was not cleaned and wished you had called the desk as we would have moved your room.

I appreciate you acknowledging the front desk team! We do hope to see you again!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Northport, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

THE GOOD
Stayed 3 nights, April 2013 for a convention in Hartford where ALL the hotels were booked solid. Hotel is right off I91 south of Hartford ... very convenient. Plenty of free parking - very noisy Days Inn parking lot immediately next door. Arrived late and our reservation was as booked. Room 236. Room was a "junior suite" (OK size w/sofa bed and, king size bed). A small, dorm-size fridge was sitting in the room (almost stubbed my toe on it) and a microwave was on top (kind of like my old college dorm room). Not so aesthetically pleasing but, they both worked.

THE BAD
Ridiculously noisy old-style window heater/AC. Cycled on and off all night ... made more noise than the airport next door. Bathroom: OK sized with some toiletries BUT, the toilet seat would not stay up without holding it up - found out the 'hard' way on that. The granite overhang on the counter behind and above the toilet juts out way too far so, this was a real annoyance for any guy. Pillows: awful. Marked "Soft" and "Firm" - both were very uncomfortable. Mattress was so-so.

THE UGLY
Breakfast - everything is pre-fab (eggs, pancakes, etc.). The "World's BEST Cinnamon Buns" (their claim, not mine) were frozen in the middle and sat under a warmer (maybe the guy putting this stuff out figured that the bun would 'eventually' warm up?), no such luck. Even the bacon was lousy. Coffee was luke warm but, we later discovered that there was an urn going with HOT coffee. Best part of breakfast was the fresh fruit ("World's BEST," mind you).

Surprise Guests: For our 3rd and final night at this motel, the management gave us a send-off "surprise gift!" That's right, a really obnoxious bunch of high school-aged girls running up and down our hallway, slamming doors, talking/screaming/laughing loudly in the hall outside our room and generally unsupervised by chaperones and/or parents. After repeated dirty looks opening the door to our room and glaring at them several times, I finally stormed out into the hallway, told them to stop or else I'd call the front desk. Finally, QUIET. But, why should this be? *Note to Management: When you have adult guests staying more than one night (paying BIG $$$, no less - this isn't an inexpensive motel), maybe it would be thoughtful TO NOT stick a bunch of noisy, adolescent girls in rooms surrounding MY room? Just one of those timely suggestions.

To sum it up: the motel is indeed, an easy hop, skip and jump into downtown Hartford. Other than that, we won't be back. Holiday Inns used to be a lot better. These days though, I'll pass and try to stay at a Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 236.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear TomGNorthport_Ny;

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We did have many groups in house that weekend as Hartford had many ongoing functions. Depending on room types requested we do try to block groups near each other. In the future, if you are staying at a hotel if you notify the front desk of another guest disrupting your stay we do act on it.

Please know the cinnamon rolls are not frozen the warmer is not to cook them but to keep them warm and the glaze melted. The guest makes the pancakes by depressing the quantitiy desired and the batter is made fresh daily. The breakfast is standard to Holiday Inn Express's and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your express start breakfast.

If you would like to contact me directly you may email me at hartfordgm@wnwhospitality.com.

Lisa Bublitz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We arrived late and were greeted warmly. No problems checking in. The room was standard Holiday Express - very clean, comfortable, and affordable. We got a good nights rest. Rooms were quiet.Breakfast was free and pretty basic. Since we are not big breakfast eaters, I can only it had the stuff we liked. It was very easy to access the freeway when leaving. All staff members we interacted with were very cheerful and efficient. We did not use the pool or weight room but they looked nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Bentonwoods,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were greeted warmly upon arrival.

Many guests enjoy the convenience of our hotel off of the highway and complimentary parking with the free shuttle service.

We hope to see you soon!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good experience for a week long business trip. Hotel was clean staff was nice. Best part was the shuttle service. Very knowledgeable and personable driver named Santos. Gave good recommendations on all sorts of things to do during my stay. Would love to visit again with less work, more playtime.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear jason201,

More play and less work always sounds better. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge Santos, our Shuttle Driver. He is a team player and knows Hartford area to make great recommendations.

We hope to see you again and of course for more play!

Alexandria Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't usually write reviews of hotels but this was a good one for being a chain on the lower to mid level. While not in a neighborhood that offers much other than business, the hotel is easy to find from the Interstate and next to the general aviation airport. Plenty of parking and the outside is well maintained. The rooms are clean and in good shape. The staff were very welcoming and engaging. They seemed happy that I was there, good sign!
The breakfast is a little weak but not terrible just limtied selection. I can always find cereal or yogurt and a banana. If you want a breakfast buffet you should go elsewhere.
Overall a good experience and would recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Robert H,

Thanks you for the recommendation of our hotel and staff! I appreciate your time. Many guests do enjoy the convenience of complimentary parking as downtown charges and we offer a free shuttle service so you don't have to worry about traffic!

Hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night as me and friends attended a concert at XL Center. Super clean hotel, amazing service, shuttle service that brought us anywhere we needed to go. The room was outstanding, showers/bathrooms clean. An excellent hotel that was just what we needed. Would absolutely stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Kevinc445,

Thank you so much for an awesome review! I agree we are a good place to stay when having events in Hartford as we do offer the complimentary shuttle so guests do not have to worry about driving in unknown territory or pay for parking.

Hope to see you soon!

Lisa Bublitz
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn for a one-night business trip. I can't say there was anything exceptional or particularly poor about this hotel... it was simply average. For a one or two night stay, I think it's fine. The hotel is not conveniently located, so having a car is probably a necessity. My room was clean enough, as was the rest of the hotel. The fitness room had very limited equipment, but was sufficient for a decent workout. Also, the breakfast had an okay selection.

As for customer service, most of the employees were very friendly. I came into contact with many ladies from the housekeeping staff and all were extremely friendly. Arsenio, who checked me in, was also friendly. However, the woman behind the counter who helped me when my room key wasn't working, barely managed a "you're welcome" when I thanked her for fixing my problem.

Next time I stay in the Hartford area, I will probably book another hotel, but am not completely against staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Godiva 0318;

Thank you for your review. The team and I strive for providing excellent service and we did not meet your expectations and for that I do apologize. I like to think we are above average.

I will share this with my staff at our daily stand up meeting as sometimes it is good to see things through the eyes of the guest. Arsenio is a valued member of out team and I am glad you encountered him at check in.

I do hope to see you again!

GM

Been to Hartford Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!