Stayed 3 nights, April 2013 for a convention in Hartford where ALL the hotels were booked solid. Hotel is right off I91 south of Hartford ... very convenient. Plenty of free parking - very noisy Days Inn parking lot immediately next door. Arrived late and our reservation was as booked. Room 236. Room was a "junior suite" (OK size w/sofa bed and, king size bed). A small, dorm-size fridge was sitting in the room (almost stubbed my toe on it) and a microwave was on top (kind of like my old college dorm room). Not so aesthetically pleasing but, they both worked.
Ridiculously noisy old-style window heater/AC. Cycled on and off all night ... made more noise than the airport next door. Bathroom: OK sized with some toiletries BUT, the toilet seat would not stay up without holding it up - found out the 'hard' way on that. The granite overhang on the counter behind and above the toilet juts out way too far so, this was a real annoyance for any guy. Pillows: awful. Marked "Soft" and "Firm" - both were very uncomfortable. Mattress was so-so.
Breakfast - everything is pre-fab (eggs, pancakes, etc.). The "World's BEST Cinnamon Buns" (their claim, not mine) were frozen in the middle and sat under a warmer (maybe the guy putting this stuff out figured that the bun would 'eventually' warm up?), no such luck. Even the bacon was lousy. Coffee was luke warm but, we later discovered that there was an urn going with HOT coffee. Best part of breakfast was the fresh fruit ("World's BEST," mind you).
Surprise Guests: For our 3rd and final night at this motel, the management gave us a send-off "surprise gift!" That's right, a really obnoxious bunch of high school-aged girls running up and down our hallway, slamming doors, talking/screaming/laughing loudly in the hall outside our room and generally unsupervised by chaperones and/or parents. After repeated dirty looks opening the door to our room and glaring at them several times, I finally stormed out into the hallway, told them to stop or else I'd call the front desk. Finally, QUIET. But, why should this be? *Note to Management: When you have adult guests staying more than one night (paying BIG $$$, no less - this isn't an inexpensive motel), maybe it would be thoughtful TO NOT stick a bunch of noisy, adolescent girls in rooms surrounding MY room? Just one of those timely suggestions.
To sum it up: the motel is indeed, an easy hop, skip and jump into downtown Hartford. Other than that, we won't be back. Holiday Inns used to be a lot better. These days though, I'll pass and try to stay at a Hampton Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hartford Hotel & Suites is located just minutes from downtown Hartford and the crossroads of New England, I-91 and I-84.Our recently renovated hotel offers standard amenities that other hotels call extra: complimentary breakfast with hot items, complimentary wireless and hard-wired Internet access, complimentary shuttle service to the greater Hartford area, complimentary parking, complimentary business center, complimentary exercise facility, complimentary local and toll-free calls, plus much more. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check-in.With 129 guest rooms, including 44 suites, the Hartford Hotel & Suites has the room that you are looking for. All of our guest rooms include coffee makers, iron & ironing boards, pay-per-view movies and Nintendo games, video folio review and check-out, two telephones with data ports, hair dryer and work desk. Our suites also have small sitting areas with sofa bed, mini refrigerator, microwave and wet bar.The Hartford Hotel & Suites Hartford is located next door to the award winning Chowder Pot Restaurant which offers moderately priced seafood dishes plus much more. The next time you are planning to stay in the Hartford area, choose the Hartford Hotel & Suites Hartford. 'Just check in and leave the rest to us!' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hartford Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hartford
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hartford
- Holiday Inn Hartford