“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hartford Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added Hartford Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Hartford Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   185 Brainard Road, Hartford, CT 06114 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites)   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hartford
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night as me and friends attended a concert at XL Center. Super clean hotel, amazing service, shuttle service that brought us anywhere we needed to go. The room was outstanding, showers/bathrooms clean. An excellent hotel that was just what we needed. Would absolutely stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Kevinc445,

Thank you so much for an awesome review! I agree we are a good place to stay when having events in Hartford as we do offer the complimentary shuttle so guests do not have to worry about driving in unknown territory or pay for parking.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn for a one-night business trip. I can't say there was anything exceptional or particularly poor about this hotel... it was simply average. For a one or two night stay, I think it's fine. The hotel is not conveniently located, so having a car is probably a necessity. My room was clean enough, as was the rest of the hotel. The fitness room had very limited equipment, but was sufficient for a decent workout. Also, the breakfast had an okay selection.

As for customer service, most of the employees were very friendly. I came into contact with many ladies from the housekeeping staff and all were extremely friendly. Arsenio, who checked me in, was also friendly. However, the woman behind the counter who helped me when my room key wasn't working, barely managed a "you're welcome" when I thanked her for fixing my problem.

Next time I stay in the Hartford area, I will probably book another hotel, but am not completely against staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Godiva 0318;

Thank you for your review. The team and I strive for providing excellent service and we did not meet your expectations and for that I do apologize. I like to think we are above average.

I will share this with my staff at our daily stand up meeting as sometimes it is good to see things through the eyes of the guest. Arsenio is a valued member of out team and I am glad you encountered him at check in.

I do hope to see you again!

Lisa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was driving back home to Ny when I realized that I wasnt going to make it so I decided to stay at a hotel. I read the reviews about your hotel and was very expressed, I called and was very pleased with the front desk agent so I informed my wife we will be staying here. It was quite late when we arrived but it was worth it. The front desk agent name was Myrna was very nice, gave me a great rate to begin with, offered us some snacks and recommeded a take out place that would deliver to our room. We were so happy with the service. The hotel was warm, clean and spacious. Even though it was almost time for her shift to be over we got a phone call to make sure everything was ok with our room and if we needed anything before she left. That is EXCELLENT customer service. Our room was comfortable, breakfast was great over all very HAPPY with our stay. We have stayed at alot of Holiday Inn Express and this one by far was one of our best one. Keep up the great work

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Magaly L,

Thank you for such a great review! It is nice to know that indeed guests are reading the reviews and making the decision to stay here. We are so fortunate to have a great team at this hotel---makes all the difference in the world!

Myrna is a definite asset to our team; she is very caring and passionate. Thank you for taking the time to acknoweldge her and the team!

We hope you are driving by again and stop in to say hi!

Lisa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I also stayed here for one night while visiting the University of Hartford. The room was very spacious, and while it was a bit cool when I arrived, (it was about 10 degrees that night) cranking up the temperature on the heater made a pretty immediate difference.

The real reason I'm giving a 5 star review was the service, though. Everybody was extremely cheerful and seemed genuinely eager to make my stay pleasant - they were NOT just going through the motions. Arsenio was great, as was everybody else (though I don't remember any of their names.)

They held my bags after I checked out, their shuttle bus took me to my campus visit, it brought me back afterwards to pick up my things, and then they dropped me off at a restaurant by the train station when I was done. The complimentary breakfast was modest, but more than adequate; it was more than just a couple of muffins and croissants.

I doubt I'll ever need to stay in Hartford for a night again, but if I do, I'd definitely stay here. It's not luxurious by any stretch, but they treat you as well as the staff at a much more expensive hotel would. They were really committed to good customer service, and it really improved my stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear David F,

Service definitely can make or break a hotel in today's world as we all have nice rooms and great bedding packages. But it is the team that goes the extra mile and I am fortunate to work with such a great caring team!

I thank you for acknowledging their hardwork and I do hope to see you soon!

Lisa B
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here for one night while visiting the U of Hartford.
It was clean and the staff was very nice. The room was kind of humid, but otherwise it was fine.
We didnt have a car and it's in a sort of out of the way location - not really near many places to walk to to eat; but they had a lot of take out menus and we were able to order in some food which worked out just fine. They also offer a free shuttle to close locations (such as the university).
Overall, I would stay there again for a short stay of any type if I needed to be in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear FranG,

Thank you for your comments. The shuttle is definitely a plus of our hotel as guests do not have to worry about finding parking downtown, trafic and paying at times.

I know you mentioned for a short stay but please know that we do offer for longer term stay Junior Suites which come equipped with microwave, fridge and kichenette area which includes a living area with an additional 42" tv. Many of our long term guests enjoy.

Thank you and we hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Both front-desk managers that I interacted with, Samantha and Arsenio, were absolutely excellent. They were welcoming, efficient, helpful, and friendly. When I checked in at night, Samantha offered me fresh-made chocolate chip cookies, ensured that I was staying on a higher floor-room as I had requested, and offered me a complimentary hotel shuttle service to my appointment in Hartford the next morning. I ended up taking her advice and took the shuttle, which was arranged by Arsenio the next morning. He was very helpful with this, and got the shuttle right on time to drop me off and pick me up. It was so great not to worry about the transportation to and from my appointment. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend staying in this hotel in the future. Excellent experience! Thank you for showing me that some people and companies do still value customer service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Rachel G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. And to give us an Excellent review on top of that!

I appreciate you acknowledging how the team takes customer service so seriously as we know that is what sets us apart from other hotels...caring people who work together to make each guest have an experience during their stay.

Arsenio and Samantha are both great examples of team workers working together. I cannot wait to share your words with the staff as positive feedback just makes us work harder.

The shuttle service is a great amenity that we offer because you don’t have to worry about traffic finding your destination in an unknown area and more so not having to pay to park while you are at the hotel or travelling to your meeting.

Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I will start by saying that we booked this hotel while still driving on the interstate. We chose this location over the Holiday Inn-downtown because it had free parking. It is convenient to the highway, but it is in an area that doesn't have much around it - an industrial park and an airport. The woman who booked our room was very professional and courteous. We arrived around 11.45 p.m., and the gentleman at the front desk was also professional and courteous a bonus for us as we had a very long day of travel. Our room was close to the entrance.
Pros - the water pressure in the shower was excellent. It was wonderful. The shower tiles, grout and ceiling had zero mildew/mold. That made me extremely happy. There is nothing worse than being skeeved in a shower you are supposed to be getting clean in! The room was warm and linens were clean.
cons- the room smelled a bit musty, as if it hadn't been aired out recently. Not enough to make us want to swap rooms or complain, just needed some fresh air I think. Breakfast the decaf coffee wasn't very hot. Granted, we didn't sit down to the complimentary breakfast until 9.30 that morning, but when a girl wants coffee, she expects it to be Hot. My husbands bagel had bits of mold on it. Maybe it was just that one bagel, but it made me wonder how long/ how many times it was put out.. and whether the eggs, bacon and cinnamon roll I ate were fresh. (The cinnamon roll was tasty).
I was glad that the room was warm, clean and convenient to the highway. If we stay in hartford again , we will probably stay in the downtown area closer to restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Jerseyfoodie,

I appreicate your genuine feedback and letting us know our opportunities for improvement. Many guests choose to stay with us due to convenience of being off the highway and they dont have to pay $16.00 additonal to park in a dark garage. We offer a complimentary shuttle so our guests do not have to get frustrated with traffic or finding a place to park within a 10 mile radius of our hotel.

I see you are a foodie as I and I am sorry you did not get a chance to try the restaurant Chowder Pot next door to us. Great Seafood!

I do hope you give us another chance. Call me first and I will make sure your room is fresh and ready for your arrival. And take advantage of our complimentary shuttle!

GM

Been to Hartford Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!