I will start by saying that we booked this hotel while still driving on the interstate. We chose this location over the Holiday Inn-downtown because it had free parking. It is convenient to the highway, but it is in an area that doesn't have much around it - an industrial park and an airport. The woman who booked our room was very professional and courteous. We arrived around 11.45 p.m., and the gentleman at the front desk was also professional and courteous a bonus for us as we had a very long day of travel. Our room was close to the entrance.
Pros - the water pressure in the shower was excellent. It was wonderful. The shower tiles, grout and ceiling had zero mildew/mold. That made me extremely happy. There is nothing worse than being skeeved in a shower you are supposed to be getting clean in! The room was warm and linens were clean.
cons- the room smelled a bit musty, as if it hadn't been aired out recently. Not enough to make us want to swap rooms or complain, just needed some fresh air I think. Breakfast the decaf coffee wasn't very hot. Granted, we didn't sit down to the complimentary breakfast until 9.30 that morning, but when a girl wants coffee, she expects it to be Hot. My husbands bagel had bits of mold on it. Maybe it was just that one bagel, but it made me wonder how long/ how many times it was put out.. and whether the eggs, bacon and cinnamon roll I ate were fresh. (The cinnamon roll was tasty).
I was glad that the room was warm, clean and convenient to the highway. If we stay in hartford again , we will probably stay in the downtown area closer to restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hartford Hotel & Suites is located just minutes from downtown Hartford and the crossroads of New England, I-91 and I-84.Our recently renovated hotel offers standard amenities that other hotels call extra: complimentary breakfast with hot items, complimentary wireless and hard-wired Internet access, complimentary shuttle service to the greater Hartford area, complimentary parking, complimentary business center, complimentary exercise facility, complimentary local and toll-free calls, plus much more. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check-in.With 129 guest rooms, including 44 suites, the Hartford Hotel & Suites has the room that you are looking for. All of our guest rooms include coffee makers, iron & ironing boards, pay-per-view movies and Nintendo games, video folio review and check-out, two telephones with data ports, hair dryer and work desk. Our suites also have small sitting areas with sofa bed, mini refrigerator, microwave and wet bar.The Hartford Hotel & Suites Hartford is located next door to the award winning Chowder Pot Restaurant which offers moderately priced seafood dishes plus much more. The next time you are planning to stay in the Hartford area, choose the Hartford Hotel & Suites Hartford. 'Just check in and leave the rest to us!' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hartford Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hartford
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hartford
- Holiday Inn Hartford