At first sight when driving up to this hotel, it looks like a dump. Once inside, it's a typical motel style place- not exactly a dump. However, it's not like the updated Holiday Inns I have been to & was expecting.
After walking through the cloud of cigarette smoke at the entrance I went to check in. The woman who checked me in was rude & unfriendly(perhaps cannot handle too many guests at once by herself). The hallways were very warm and muggy. Once in the 1st floor room it stunk of mildew. We asked to change, and (the same rude lady answered the phone) she said she could change us. After waiting and no one coming to change us, I called again. She said she was very busy and hasn't had the time to get some one to bring us the new room keys. Once we got our new keys & new room on the 2nd floor it was better. No smell, thank goodness. Bathroom & room were clean. I must say, though we paid for a suite with a queen bed- there is no way that was a queen size! It was definitely a double size & not very comfortable. If I had a tape measure I would have proven it. 2 flat screen tvs, but not enough channels. Breakfast was full of high fat/processed junk foods just like the last H.I. Express I went to(so that was no surprise). Although they do offer a lot of choices - as long as you don't mind that kind of food. I would appreciate high quality but less choices-just saying. I also have to mention the "Gourmet style" coffee was good. Another positive mention was the breakfast room attendant. She was so sweet and wonderfully talkative! A fine asset to this establishment. So all in all, even for just one night I would NOT stay again because of the negative points I just mentioned & my really bad first impression of this place. I also did not feel it was a good value. When there are so many choices in the area for around the same rate, I would try something else next time. Disappointed in H.I. Express!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hartford Hotel & Suites is located just minutes from downtown Hartford and the crossroads of New England, I-91 and I-84.Our recently renovated hotel offers standard amenities that other hotels call extra: complimentary breakfast with hot items, complimentary wireless and hard-wired Internet access, complimentary shuttle service to the greater Hartford area, complimentary parking, complimentary business center, complimentary exercise facility, complimentary local and toll-free calls, plus much more. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check-in.With 129 guest rooms, including 44 suites, the Hartford Hotel & Suites has the room that you are looking for. All of our guest rooms include coffee makers, iron & ironing boards, pay-per-view movies and Nintendo games, video folio review and check-out, two telephones with data ports, hair dryer and work desk. Our suites also have small sitting areas with sofa bed, mini refrigerator, microwave and wet bar.The Hartford Hotel & Suites Hartford is located next door to the award winning Chowder Pot Restaurant which offers moderately priced seafood dishes plus much more. The next time you are planning to stay in the Hartford area, choose the Hartford Hotel & Suites Hartford. 'Just check in and leave the rest to us!' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Hartford Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hartford
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hartford
- Holiday Inn Hartford