“Fair....” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
North Haven, Connecticut
“Fair....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

How do you somewhat ruin a burger? Don't know...but it was greasy. They've had some problems here but I guess they resurrected themselves.

East Haven
“Food Okay, Cleanliness a Concern”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here during a fundraising event. This was on a Thursday evening and the restaurant was about half full. Our waitress, Natalie, was friendly, but seemed overwhelmed by the amount of diners she stated "came out from nowhere". Our drink order arrived promptly. The warm pretzel appetizer had a terrific lightly crispy texture and was served properly warm with a tasty cheese dip for dunking. The dinner was paced very well. My husband's ribs and shrimp dinner was cooked perfectly. The ribs were very tender, had a great grilled taste and almost fell off the bone. However, my pulled pork sandwich was room temperature, not even warm and my side salad had the dressing already poured on it, not on the side as I requested.

The overall cleanliness of the restaurant was a problem for me. Throughout our dinner, there were crumbled napkins and drinking straw papers on the floor, under even unoccupied tables, which were not picked up by the time we left. In the short hallway to the ladies room, there were more napkins on the floor. There was an open drain in the floor in the ladies room without a grate. Even worse, in the dining room, there was some substance that had dripped down the wall next to me. Quite a while before, as it was long past the liquid stage. I was rather surprised that a chain restaurant didn't take a bit more time and effort to maintain corporate standards, which I hope are in place.

In short, we may return for another fundraising dinner only to support our favorite cause.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hamden, Connecticut, United States
“Loud, bar-type, cold, but good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Would be nice if they'd turn up the heat a little, but the food is good and affordable. TVs everywhere for sports coverage, lots of college agers, but lots of families and couples too. Big enough and rarely have to wait.

Visited December 2011
sandy hook, ct
“Cold food and indifferent waitress”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

My daughter and I stopped for lunch after shopping. The waitress/bartender was prompt when we sat down and took our order. That was when the good service ended. We ordered the spinach dip with tortilla chips for an appetizer. The appetizer itself was warm and tasty, but when we bit into the tortilla chips, they were actually rubber-like.

When our food was brought to the table, it was a big disappointment. My daughter ordered french onion soup and I ordered the asian shrimp appetizer. The french onion soup was not served hot, the cheese on the top of the bread not heated and the whole dish congealed together within a few minutes. The shrimp was barely heated and greasy. Our waitress was busy talking behind the bar with another employee and I could not get her attention. I asked another server on the floor to order a baked potato for my daughter as her soup was inedible. She said she would.

Fifteen minutes went by, no potato. I finally left my table and asked my waitress who was in the bar area with her back turned to us where the potato was. She said she would check. She then came back and said that the server could not order the potato only she could and said she would take care of it. Another ten minutes went buy and someone from the kitchen, delivered the potato and said that the server didn't realize that they were waiting for a new batch of potatoes to come out of the oven.

Ten minutes later, our waitress came over and asked if we needed anything else. I just asked for the check. She acted like she was doing us a favor by waiting on us and was snippy.

I have visited many TFIG's and have never experienced such incompetence. The manager needs to reinforce customer service skills to her/his waitstaff and the kitchen needs to send out the food hot and appetizing.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, CT
“Best Happy Hour and Fun Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

As another reviewer stated, this is a typical chain restaurant..However this chain is great at what they do: fast and friendly service, good food and great prices! Happy hour specials include food and drink specials that beat out any competition in the area. It is a great time with friends, family and co-workers. I love the spinach artichoke dip, the JD burger and ribs plus the brownie is amazing! Their maragarita's- perfect!!

• Visited July 2011