“no need for salt shakers” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 148 Restaurants in Hamden
Cuisines: Thai
harford ct
“no need for salt shakers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

overall I thought they did a nice job , it's not fancy it almost borders on austere/boring but the decor was nice, the waitstaff friendly.
The food -as my title implied, was way too salty. It was a shame since I think it could have been tasty and just slightly different from the norm.
I can't say it was even close to being the best thai food in CT, I love thai and have been to many good ones- even in CT and terrace cannot come close. Sorry. I don't think I would rush back.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Santa Ana, California
“Yes, the food is great, but this place is EXPENSIVE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We were a table of eight people, and serving that many folks is just not easy, but the service that we got was excellent. The food which was delivered to our plates was delicious, and we tried to get as many different plates as we could so that we could share. The portions served were very very small, however, and so sharing turned out to be a bit of a problem. That is, we really only got one bite/taste of each dish. Frankly, for what we were paying, I have to consider this restaurant one of the more expensive places around. The ambiance of the restaurant was just lovely, and I liked very much the way they hung drapes over the doorway. It gave the eating area a feeling of cozyness that many other restaurants might well copy. We had a delightful time, but I felt both hungry and poor when I left!

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best I have ever eaten, ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Jeff and Amy are over the top!
We have been there multiple times and the food is genius. Amy use of authentic Thai spices and a twist of assorted othersake the food dance in your mouth. Terrace Curry is not for the faint at heart. Jeff tried to convinence us we were not ready for something that hot but agreed as long as we got another dish to offset the heat. He was right, it was the hottest thing and the best curry I have ever eaten
Come and you will be delighted and leave room for dessert

• 5 of 5 stars Food
New England, North Dakota
“A surprising and exciting exploration of Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Excellent food here, beautifully presented. Unusual dishes along with the traditional favorites. Nothing crazy--just authentic, challenging combinations and flavors. Interior has a quiet, soothing atmosphere despite the busy street just outside. For those who love Thai food, and want to take their exploration of it to another level, this is the place to come. (And, amazingly, I would have thought my children wouldn't like it--but they love the food here.)