“Great first lesson for the whole team!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Leuchars
Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
Newport-on-Tay, United Kingdom
“Great first lesson for the whole team!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My colleagues and I visited the SCSC after we realised it was so close to our office - in Newport-on-Tay - and seemed like a perfect day out!
We were not disappointed - I was really shocked at how quickly we all managed to hit the clays. Was definitely down to Ron's clear experience with beginners, he knew exactly how to explain what to do to get us shooting well in no time.
Would definitely recommend to beginners and experienced shots alike!

Visited February 2014

Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Fun, friendly and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I bought this as a birthday treat for my brother-in-law. We were joined by his 15 year old daughter and my sister (an observer). Not sure on what to expect as complete beginners, we were both surprised and thrilled at the warmth of Ron's welcome. He came out to greet us at our car and introduced us to our brilliant instructor George. George was a lovely character. He was fun and genuinely excited to see us hit the targets. His instruction was absolutely first class. He went out of his way to ensure we all had a great experience, including some nice interactions with my niece and sister (latter sitting out on the shooting). I would definitely go back and was amazed at how quickly we were all hitting the variety of targets. Great value too!

Visited April 2014
Guildford, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Lovely, warm and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Had a fantastic little introduction to the sport + refresher with Ron on the weekend in some beautiful weather. The teaching was very relaxed, easy-going and enjoyable. The venue itself is a little off the beaten track but easy to find. Good selection of stands/traps too by the looks of it Everyone there was very welcoming which was very nice. Will definitely try to return. Thanks very much.

Visited April 2014
Clyde Valley
“A brilliant experience,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I had one previous attempt at clay shooting, many years ago, which led me to be a little unsure
of how enjoyable my vist would be. That reservation was quickly extinguished after the introduction and encouragement from the tutor (George) . It was a thoroughly satisfying expreience which I look forward to repeating when I next stay in St. Andrews.

Visited March 2014
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

As a newcomer to the sport I loved The Scottish Clay Shooting Centre. Friendly, helpful staff, great facilities and relaxed environment. I was fortunate enough to grab a lesson with Ron Maxwell which was invaluable! I'd recommend some instruction from him whatever your experience. I've already booked my next lesson and plan on being a regular here if they'll have me :)

Visited March 2014