“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

As a newcomer to the sport I loved The Scottish Clay Shooting Centre. Friendly, helpful staff, great facilities and relaxed environment. I was fortunate enough to grab a lesson with Ron Maxwell which was invaluable! I'd recommend some instruction from him whatever your experience. I've already booked my next lesson and plan on being a regular here if they'll have me :)

Perth, United Kingdom
“Try it and have a fab time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

First time trying clay shooting (as a birthday present for my brother and pals). Had a fantastic instructor (George) who clearly new his stuff. Will definitely go back again, good relaxed atmosphere and very friendly. Taking the starter lesson was well worth the time and money for the knowledge that was imparted. Great place and would recommend to it anyone! Although I'm accustom to being a beater/picker up on pheasant shoots I never thought I would be any good with a gun, however this view has now changed and I will be back soon to practice and judging on the days performance might even give the guys a run for their money!!! . Gail (Fife)

St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I'm now a fairly frequent visitor to the shooting centre. Staff are unfailingly friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. There is a good selection of stands which are changed pretty regularly and the location is fantastic, being just outside St Andrews. I would wholly recommend a visit whether you are a complete novice or an experienced shot!

Cupar, United Kingdom
“Excellent professional and very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I went along for a lesson with Ron and I am now a regular. As a women I was not sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. The instruction was first class and I have progressed and now have my own shotgun and I'm addicted! Everyone made me feel very welcome from day one and they are all very enthusiastic bunch. I would encourage anyone thinking of trying clay shooting to visit and have a lesson, or if you shoot but haven't yet visited go along. You will have a great time.

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic event at SCSC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had a brilliant day at SCSC with a large group of friends.
The staff and instructors are first class and for those less experienced than others, it was great to have knowledgeable and friendly people on hand to offer tips and instruction.
We were in a large group and the ground set up a full range of shooting so we got to experience all the different types of "birds". The day culminated with a competition "flush" of 100 clays, which was fantastic and really got the blood pumping. They put on a prize giving at the end too that was a really nice touch.

I would suggest SCSC to anyone who wants a fun day out with friends but also to individuals looking to improve their shooting. The instructors are first class and manage to transform my ability from very poor and sporadic to being comfortable shooting at most clays.

I am looking forward to my return to SCSC immensely and will make it a yearly outing to get my eye in before the season starts.

Visited August 2013