“Rustic and picturesque” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Haddam
Groton, CT
“Rustic and picturesque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Tucked in a marina, it overlooks the Connecticut River with beautiful views. They serve very good "shore dinner" food and you can bring your own wine. On a nice day, it is one of the best outdoor dining spots around.

Visited July 2014

new england
“Location relax and BYOB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

If you want a great seat at rivers edge and not a fancy place head here. The food is better than average with BYOB making this a great deal . It is a good place for larger groups the only draw back is bathrooms are a very long walk. Remember to bring a table cloth and wine glasses.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rocky Hill
“Go for the atmosphere. The food is just average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

It is a beautiful location on the Connecticut River. This was my first visit. CASH ONLY. You order at a shack and they bring it to your table. It is picnic tables outside. There are a few tables in a covered area in the deck of the shack. Byob if you want to drink alcohol. Lots of birthdays. A few hungry Mosquitos.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida
“Great place to relax.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went to the Blue Oar in Haddam yesterday for lunch with my sister. We both had sandwiches, she had a cheeseburgher asked for it rare and it was just the way she likes them. I had a turkey, bacon, avocado, lettuce and tomato sandwich. It was very good. Their potato salad was also very good. We went upstairs, ordered and then picked out a table along the Connecticut River. It was so relaxing watching the boats go by and listening to some good music. A server brought us our sandwiches and drinks. We decided to try a dessert but got it to go for later. It was wonderful, coconut lemon mousse, so light and satisfying. When we were done the server cleared the table and brought us our check. Please be aware they only take cash and if you want anything stronger than water, ice tea or soft drinks you have to bring your own. This is one place you should not miss if you are looking to just relax and unwind.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hull, Massachusetts
“Location, view and BYOB are it's best offers.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Yes, BYOB and great views at a great location. That's it though!

Cooks and staff are nice and helpful. Food is fresh but average. We both ordered the same curry chicken but on different breads. My friend received more curry chicken due to his larger bread. IT WAS OBVIOUS!!! I though to myself "your kidding me" right??? NOPE, bigger bread gets bigger amount I was told. WOW...

BTW, it was my friend who received a bigger curry chicken sandwich, but he was the one to bring me here. Let's say I'm perplexed with this one...

I'll try another visit, only because of the info due to the friends I've heard from...
We will see...