“A Little Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Western Mass.
“A Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The limited seating capacity (9 stools) has already been mentioned. The parking is even more so-- just 4 spaces-- so you may need to park across the street or around the corner. It was BYOB when my friend and I went there in late Feb, so I had to go get a bottle of wine at a nearby shop; there are a couple very close by. (In any event, I prefer that arrangement-- it saves the customer a lot of money.) They keep it simple here, and the pizza was simply among the best I've had in many years. Truly authentic, from a super-hot wood-burning oven, just as the good lord intended. I had the one w sausage, which was just delicious. The one with shrimp, ordered by my friend, was fantastic, and we look forward to a return visit, to order the one with duck!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Haven, Connecticut
“Not a Pizza place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

They only serve pizza, but not your pizza place pizza. This is gourmet - not pepperoni and cheeze. BYOB

Visited January 2013
“Wow, what a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After a day spent long the coast, we decided to try Bufalina's, having read a positive review somewhere ( can't recall).

The review praised the pizza, as well as the unique combination of toppings.

Well, the review was right on target.

The place is very small. In fact, the majority of seats are arranged along an L-shaped counter. There is one very cozy table at one end of the restaurant, which I would wager gets reserved heavily. You have an open view of the staff and can watch them assemble you pie in clear view.

The signature pie features, of course - Buffalo mozzarella. We had one of those, and I had an onion and sausage pie. They're about 12" to 14" in size, with a crust that is among the best I have ever had, light, thin, and crisp! The topping were very fresh, and the basil added to the signature pie AFTER it is taken out of the oven so you really get the intense flavor.

They turn the pies out in less than ten minutes! The staff is friendly and helpful. I made a comment about no garlic, and the waitress said no problem, just ask next time!

I ahve absolutely no complaints. In an area besotted with pizzerias - Bufalina is very near the top of my list. In fact, depending on my mood, I would even give them a number one.

Very refreshing, and worth the trip.... but you are well advised to make reservations!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Recommend with an asterisk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Great tasting pies. Super fresh toppings. Crust is out of this world. The asterisk? One pie was not enough for me. Very limited seating, so takeout is the way to go. Not cheap...... But, I would recommend and I will return (often).

Stratford, Connecticut
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were a group of 9 and sat out back in the garden surrounded by herb plants, and potted lemon and fig trees. It was laid back and beautiful! We sat at a big picnic table and served ourselves to lemon water from a water cooler. All the plates and utensils were set out on a buffet table for yourself to set your table. We went inside to ordered a salad and bunch of pies between us all. The staff brought the food out to us and we ate family style. They were all delicious! They are thin crust and cooked in an extremely hot oven for only 2 1/2 minutes so they come out quickly. This place is also BYOB.

Visited August 2012