“Fish Tacos and Steak Frites Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Fish Tacos and Steak Frites Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I visit Splash regularly as I have friends and family in Madison and a group of us went for dinner. For appetizers, we ordered the cheese fondue which was thick and creamy, a large portion and served with bread baked there daily; the fondue also came with sliced apple, which I wasn't sure about, but was good. They also bring fresh bread to the table with this olive oil dipping sauce, love it. We also ordered the appetizer sampler; this came with a chicken quesadilla, buffalo wings and cheese fries on a large platter - the cheese fries were so cheesey, the quesadilla yummy and the wings were big, unlike other places these days; the platter was fun because everyone could have some. For dinner, my friends had sliders which was cool because you could choose 3 from a menu of several different ones. Someone else in our group had the lobster sliders. I had the steak frites, which was a flat iron steak served with this incredible creamy sauce accompanied by Parmesan fries; it was fantastic and came with a salad, I had the Caesar. The rebel in our group had the Cobb salad, which looked great and Sarah said it was delicious. The server who waited on us was pleasant and she was knowledgeable about the food and attentive. For dessert, we ordered the chocolate fondue, apple crisp and banana cream pie. The desserts were very good, obviously made on premise and beautifully presented. I highly recommend this restaurant and come often when in town. I didn't know they had a patio or that they served breakfast on the weekends, so look forward to that.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, VA
“Average Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Had a late dinner at Splash after not being able to find an Italian restaurant which ended up being closed. I was a bit disillusioned when I walked in and my shoes stuck to the floor as if it hadn't been cleaned properly. I was seated at a large table quickly. The waitress took my drink order right away and helped to recommend a seafood pasta dish since I explained I had a yearning for Italian. The problem was the time it took to get the drink, bread, dinner, desert. I came into the restaurant at 7:30 and didn't leave untill 9pm.I had to remind trhe waitress that I was waiting for drink, etc. The seafood pasta was not very tasty but has a healthy serving of large pieces of seafood, The house salad dressing was too oily so souldn't finish my salad. It was a disappointing dinner. The cosmo was very good and glass of wine was very generous.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Stratford, Connecticut
“mediocre at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went for happy hour. The prices are decent for drinks, but dinner was nothing special. I ordered the salmon salad for an overpriced $16, which consisted of a huge plate of lettuce with a small piece of grilled salmon in the middle and a tasteless lemon vinaigrette...Used the oil that came with the bread as salad dressing instead. Won't be visiting for dinner anytime soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
splashguilford, Owner at Splash, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
This couple visited Splash and sat in our Pub dining room with full surveillance at booth 3 from 7:55pm until 9:26pm; there is no happy hour at that time as happy hour is from 4pm until 7pm. They were waited on by one of the owners, which is customary as we are on site at all times. They were served our just baked Country French bread and our herb infused extra virgin olive oil. The woman ordered our Salmon Salad ($16) which is pictured here on our Trip Advisor page and is served on a 12/1/2 inch dinner plate with Romaine and mixed baby greens, tomatoes, red and green peppers and cucumbers; it is topped with 4 ounces of wood-fire grilled fresh Northern Atlantic Salmon. The man ordered our Asian Salmon entrée ($21), a six ounce piece of wood-fire grilled fresh Northern Atlantic Salmon, topped with our house made Asian sauce and served with rice pilaf, steamed summer squash and zucchini; the entree also comes with a house salad or a Caesar salad. Our Salmon is Fresh Northern Atlantic Salmon brought in whole and cut by Chef Paul, who has more 27 years as a renowned chef and chocolatier. We feature several very popular salmon dishes, and the salmon is cut and weighed precisely. As the managing member and one of the chefs at Splash, I personally made this salad and it was exactly to specification. This salad is served with a choice of ten different dressings we make in house: Caesar, Ranch, Blue Cheese, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Thousand Island’s, Derby, French Basil Vinaigrette, Wasabi Vinaigrette, Teriyaki Vinaigrette, Lemon Vinaigrette. We stand firmly behind our product quality and our menu pricing is comparable to any of our competitors.
Killingworth, Connecticut
“Had been awhile since dining at Splash...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

So glad we returned. At 5:30 PM the restaurant was busy; many tables with young children in tow, Wait staff is plentiful so there was always someone available to take your order and check on how everything was. The warm loaf of bread served with soft butter and herbed oil is yummy, It went perfectly with the delicious clam chowder and tasty side Caesar salad. My husband's hamburg was cooked as ordered and quite a mouthful with the avocado, tomato, lettuce and red peppers. Won't wait as long to return. The only annoyance - the loud music from the bar made conversation at the table difficult.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Guilford, Connecticut
“Great Burgers Once Again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Two more perfectly cooked burgers last night at Splash. My husband and I LOVE good burgers and I like mine cooked rare. Suffice it to say, there are many places where I've had to send my back. Not here! Great bread with dipping oil starter, yummy sweet potato fries and tasty caesar salad dressing. And as much as we say we aren't getting dessert, it's tough to pass it up when you take a walk over to the Chocolate/Bakery/Gelato side of the restaurant. The owners, passionate about food and proud of their creations, are opening a prepared foods hot bar in the coming days/week. Looking forward to that!

• 5 of 5 stars Food