“Good food for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 106 Restaurants in Groton
Cuisines: Pub
Budd Lake NJ
“Good food for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The lobster salad sandwich was very good with big claws of lobster meat. It was very reasonable. Nice reasonably priced place on Route 12

Visited June 2014

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

hubby and drove to new London to visit a friend, i dont want her to bother to cook so we decided to eat out for lunch and we end up in this resto, the place is nice, quiet its maybe because its only lunch time, i like the interior design the building, we like the non-alcohol drinks, the food not really but its not that bad.
the staff was nice & friendly.
location is good near the road & hotel

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stafford, Virginia
“"so many choices"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Enjoyed dinner with family. Busy and after a brief wait we were seated in booth.
5 to our party and plenty of room. Mixed orders from; Chicken&Sausage Al Forno (which got a few owwws and ahh's from those who did not order this ), Glazed Salmon and standard Fish&Chips to Bacon Bleu Sirloin to a good size Vermont Cheddar Burger. It seems there was not a wrong choice on the menu.
I would however give one warning. Refills are not free and at 2.99 a pop really add to the bill. So when the waitress comes to whisk away or refill your drink I'd think twice about that refill.
The service was friendly and the waitress did not leave us just sitting but inquired in timely fashion to our needs.
Our bill non alcoholic drinks with tax under $75.00 or if you prefer a little over $73.00.
I had passed up this particular 99's restaurant years ago as I had mistaken the line outside as a wait line when in fact upon later times passing by this restaurant it showed to be people outside smoking.
We all had a great meal and glad someone in our party had suggested it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Some of the worst food I've ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife, son, and I went for dinner. Read some reviews before we went and anticipated a TGI Fridays type of experience. In a word, the food was awful. I had the prime rib special, my wife had new england shrimp, my son had a sirloin. The prime rib was a large cut, but very grisley with very little flavor. Pretty dry and seemed warmed over. Was so bad I couldn't finish it. The shrimp tasted bad, so my wife peeled the breading off because they seemed like they were cooked in old oil. My son did not like the steak either. The best part of the meal was the Boston Lager and salad. I would not go here again.

Ellington, Connecticut
“Worst prime rib ever”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I went to Mystic for the night. Instead of going to steak house across street from hotel we chose to go to the 99 in Groton Ct. Have eaten many times in Vernon Ct at 99 and have had great meals there. This was bad. probably shouldn't have eaten it but we did. The meat didn't even look like a prime rib. Just had to get this off our chest.

• Visited January 2014