“high marks for the Groton Inn and Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Groton Inn and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Gold Star Hwy, Groton, CT 06340   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Pueblo
“high marks for the Groton Inn and Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

The saying goes, 'you don't get a second chance to make a first impression'. Truth is, the Groton Inn is an older and dated place. But my first impression led me to stick it out there... and I'm glad I did. I arrived WAY before the normal 3p checkin time for my room reservation. Unfazed, the counter person was MORE than happy to accomodate an exhausted traveler. My initial room was a little to close to the highway(noise) for my liking so I asked to switch... Again, VERY accomodating and cheerful.
Rooms are big and have everything. wifi, Business center(okay, its a room), free pass to work out in a real gym downn the street, Free breakfast in their real restaurant(not a little continental thing). I really like there was a constany cleaning around the rooms and lobby and grounds by staff. I'd seen the Manager/owner walking around several times... making sure it was all excellent. I was impressed. And even more impressed my the price.
It's little gems like these that really put a nice touch on a trip.
Great job Groton Inn... you're a quite a bit dated, but I know how much those kinds of renovations cost... doing the absolute best with an older but charming Hotel!

Room Tip: stay away from the room that back up to I95... try to stay in the Main building.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
NancieK, General Manager at Groton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
We appreciate your comments and assessment of our property. We make every attempt to be your home away from home when you are traveling. All comments are appreciated to help us make that goal.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We had a very advantageous rate here with a voucher and it did represent excellent value for money. Very close to Exit 86 of the 95. Reception was pleasant and helpful. The room was large and perfectly adequate. Only thing lacking was a lift as we were up a flight of stairs and it was difficult lugging up two large cases. The room itself had microwave, fridge and coffee making facilities. Also non flat screen TV.

Breakfast was included and very good as you could choose anything from the menu. Our other experience of the dining room was not so good, though in fairness to the hotel, it may have been exceptional circumstances as there seemed to be many people enjoying a drink in the bar/dining area - probably a business or conference group. The waitress moved us as we were getting crowded at our table by drinkers. Unfortunately the white wine was warm - and I mean warm as in how red wine should be served - it took most of the meal to cool down in an ice bucket. My wife's stuffed baked stuffed lobster would not easily separate from the shell so we assume it was overcooked, though my boiled lobster was fine. Service was a bit hit and miss, but I think this was down to them being rushed off their feet.

So to summarise, this is a good place to stay if you can get a good rate. Not sure we would risk eating here again, though we may just have been unlucky

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. I will pass along your comments on the food and response/training that we can work on in the restaurant. I am always hopeful when we fail to meet excellent standards that guests will let us know while they are on site so we can fix the service immediately and make the end result-a happy one for our guests!
Bronx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. The employees were very helpful and extremely friendly. Our 2 bedroom apartment was able to accomodate my family of 6. My 4 children had a lot of fun. I was able to cook. The location is excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
NancieK, General Manager at Groton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you may come back in the summer and enjoy one of our Family Fun Packages!
Cartersville, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is an older hotel with a friendly, helpful staff. Upon arrival our siute did not suit our needs. They quickly upgraded us to an apartment that exceeded our expectations for our stay. The free breakfast, "order from the menu" not the typical hard eggs and cold cereal buffet, was delicious. The location is convenient to interstates and all major roadways. I will definitely stay in Groton Inn and Suites again if in the area.

Room Tip: All suites have king beds,no doubles.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
NancieK, General Manager at Groton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write. We value all our guests and their opinions and thoughts. Your comments assist us in providing and delivering superior service. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future
Stony Brook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Go there every year for a friends retreat. Cannot beat the romance package which includes breakfast and dinner with a huge suite. Restaurant is good, rooms are clean and spacious. Looking forward to going back next year!!!

Room Tip: Go with the romance package for the best bang for your buck!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Glad you enjoyed the romance package, you are right in the pricing is fantastic for an all inclusive weekend. No hidden costs-just a lot of fun. I believe I can guess what group you were with that weekend......we are always happy to see you! You need to come back more than just once a year!
Millville, Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Recently got this place through priceline and got a great deal. Upon checking in they said they only had a room with two double beds. Since my wife and I were without the kids and wanted a "romantic' get-away we requested a king or queen. They immediately upgraded us to an efficiency room @ no additional cost. They then gave us 2 breakfast vouchers. We were surprised the next morning to find out the vouchers were good for any meals off the breakfast menu. We were expecting the standard motel continental breakfast of waffles, cereals or muffins. Our meal without the vouchers would have came up to about $14.00. Again, great deal. This hotel is in a great location, close to casinos and coastal attractions. staff are very friendly, too. Definitely would highly recommend for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write after your stay. We appreciate knowing what we do that guests love and what we can to to excell in service moving forward. I am glad you enjoyed your stay!
Beverly, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I rate this hotel as average. It is fine for what it is. It is definitely dated, in terms of decor and furnishings. But, it wasn't dirty. I stayed here as a cheap spontaneous trip to Mohegan. It was perfect for that. You're not really in the room and we just wanted a place to crash so that we could head to CT on a whim. We got the room dirt cheap on Hotwire. I wouldn't stay here for a vacation, but for this trip it was fine. The staff was really nice, so that's a plus. The rooms are really spacious too, with a separate sitting area, so if you wanted to stay with friends for a cheap Mohegan trip, you could make that happen here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write and all comments are appreciated so we can work on making our services superior. On a future trip to the casino, please call directly and ask about our full apartments, you may be surprised and find those would be suited for a longer vacation stay than just a weekend overnight.

Been to Groton Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!