“Friendly staff with great service.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Motel to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   173 Route 12, I-95 Exit 86, Groton, CT 06340   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Groton
“Friendly staff with great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I stopped by this hotel after a night at Mohegan Sun. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room they gave me was clean and quiet. Just what I needed. I will definitely come back here the next time I am up here.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fresh Meadows, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel was clean and comfortable. It provided good value for money. Staff was helpful and accommodating. Close Casino and next to a fast food restaurant.
If i visit this area again. Def stay there again !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cheshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We arrived withouth incident and the front desk staff was very professional. We checked into our room, which wasn't the cleanest (floors needed vacuuming), and the bathroom light which worked when we checked in started to flicker when we were washing up later that night. The next morning the front desk staff sent a maintenance person up to fix it when we left the room at 10:30 a.m. When we returned later that afternoon to get ready to go out to a nice dinner the light was working but the room hadn't been cleaned, the bed was unmade and the bathroom floor still had all of the wet/dirty towels laying on it. The front desk staff truly looked embarrassed when we mentioned it and asked for more towels. She couldn't have apologized enough. She checked the cleaning ticket which was marked that the "do not disturb" sign was on the door. If the maintenance person was able to go in and change the lightbulb after 10:30 a.m. I think the housekeeper could have gone in to clean the room. Unless the housekeeping staff only has to walk by a room once, before 10:30 a.m., to clean it, then someone wasn't doing their job. This type of service, unfortunately, tainted my entire opinion of this hotel, despite the professional service of the front desk staff.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New Haven, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast is minimal, but adequate. The parking lot is dark, but I had no problems. I would stay here again, as I got a decent stay for a low price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night. Close to mohegan sun and very cheap but that is all this place has going for it. The room was dirty and dingy. Stains on carpet, walks, bed. I can be too surprised since the cost was so low but I probably wouldn't stay here again even for 1 night. Breakfast was awful. I took one look and didn't even bother.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night. Great value, continental breakfast, very accomodating front desk! Terrence was wonderful and very helpful! He lent me a cell phone charger which saved me from buying one
Motel is close to shopping and 8 miles from Mohegan Sun casino. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012
Whitestone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is perfect. We came to the area to go with the family to mystic seaport and the casino. The room was comfortable. We were there for 3 nights. The bed was comfortable and everything seemed cleaned. I see a review on the right that saids the wifi didn't work but we had no problems streaming a movie off the net before we went to sleep. Breakfast was great but it was a little overcrowded.

My girlfriend and I had one room and my family had another room. My moms only complaint is that they didn't have adjoining rooms but they did get two rooms right next to each other for us. Mariebeth was very nice at the front desk.

I would give this place 5 stars but the exterior can use some work but I would definitely recommend this place to a friend.

Room Tip: It seems like this hotel is always busy so the breakfast room is pretty crowded. May consider bringi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Motel? Share your experiences!