“Decent room, nothing special. Night clerk not interested in customer service.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Groton
Forest City, North Carolina
“Decent room, nothing special. Night clerk not interested in customer service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We reserved this motel online. When we got there, the night clerk told us that our only option was a single-bed room, even though there were less than 10 vehicles in the parking lot. We had our two small children with us, but since we had already paid for the room and it was very late, we were stuck. We asked for a blanket and sheets so that we could make a bed on the floor for the kids, and the clerk gave us two sheets and a very torn up blanket. It just seemed that the clerk was not at all interested in customer service. He blamed it on the online service we used to book the room, but I don't think they were to blame for the lack of service or a decent blanket.

The room itself was clean. The bathroom could have used a new toilet seat, since it was very scratched, chipped.

The breakfast had good variety, and the breakfast staff were very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for two nights over the Labor Day weekend, a Sat and Sun night. This is a clean, friendly inn with many guests. Our reason for visiting is its proximity to Mohegan Sun, about a 15 min. drive. There is no shuttle to the casino, but is probably cost prohibitive. The breakfast each morning was a nice selection and was filling and well maintained. All Inn staff were friendly and helpful. Our GPS took us wherever we wanted to go. Shopping and good restaurants were also very near. Again, very clean

Room Tip: This Inn has rooms on two levels, both inside and outside entrances. We were on ground floor with o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ronkonkoma, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Recently my Wife and I stayed at the Quality Inn at Groton. This motel is a short drive away from the Mystic tourist area. Bed was very confortable. The breakfast area was well equiped considering this is a motel. It rival top notch hotels complementarty breakfast. The indoor heated pool was appreatiated by me. It did not feel heated though. I asked about that and was told that the state of CT had a rule on how hot heated pools can be. So it was heated but it was lower temp than my body heat. I did enjoy it though. Got use to it real quick just like any other pool. The price was very reasonalble as well. I actually want to go there again but we did everything we wanted to do at Mystic. One more thing about the location. It is not far from the New London Ferry. Being a Long Islander I really like heading east to start a vacation instead of heading through NYC and then doubling back. After Lunch at Orient Point the ferry almost brought us to this location.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped like we are then shoot for a room in the back on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Royersford, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were heading back from Boston over the Labor day weekend and thought we would grab a room at the Connecticut casino's....until we realized that everyone wanted to try that and couldn't find a single room in the area. We changed our plans and decided to stop at the Mystic Seaport the next day and found this Quality Inn just a few minutes drive from Mystic.
It is basic but very clean. Bed was comfortable enough and flat screen tv, no refrigerator or microwave though. Many of the review talk about the loud air conditioners and they are 100% correct. It cycled on and off constantly and reminded you of a helicopter taking off. It was ok for the one night, but couldn't have stayed much longer than that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

It's hard when you get reviews that say "great" and reviews that say "lousy". I figured this hotel would be somewhere in the middle and I was right. The hotel room was a little outdated, but it was a clean hotel, the beds were clean and comfortable. The sink area is outside of the toilet and shower, which I like when you're staying in a hotel with more than one person. The shower head was a little low for my liking, I felt like I had to lean back a little bit to make sure all the shampoo was out of my hair. The tv and fridge worked great. The breakfast was very, VERY simple - only muffins, toast, danishes and cereal. Definitely not filling. we used it as a snack, and just ate an early lunch. We had an outside room, so it was a little noisy with people running back and forth outside at night, but honestly we were so tired it didn't bother us. We just needed a place to stay for one night as we traveled on to Massachusetts and this was a good place to stop overnight for the price we paid. I would stay here again for an overnight stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed just one night as planned but were a little disappointed based on earlier reviews. This hotel was perfectly adequate but really needs some updating. Clean, yes and friendly staff for sure but we almost did not stay when we first arrived due to the appearance. Breakfast was fine, good even. Beds (one was fine the other needed replacing)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Couldn't beat the location! So convenient to Mystic! I prefered driving to Mystic via route 1 (rather than highway 95) because it's scenic and can explore. I didn't use the pool but my parents did and enjoyed it. Free breakfast the next morning was yum. The room did smell a little when we first got there--my sister said it's prob just the smell of the cleaner, so we left the door open as we unpacked and settled and sure enough the smell went away!!! Parking easy and staff very nice! Had refrigerator and microwave, iron and hair dryer. (although my parents room next door did not have fridge--odd)

Room Tip: Ask for rooms closer to the center, since the center stairwell is an inside stairwell and my Dad fel...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!