“stay away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   425 Bridge St., Groton, CT 06340 (Formerly Knights Inn Groton/Mystic Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Rhode Island
“stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was looking for an inexpensive place to pretty much just sleep for two nights being my son was in a baseball tournament. Asked for a non smoking room well there is no point in asking for that being the room reaked of years of smoking. I asked to change rooms and was told they were sold out and could move us the next day. Once we flushed the toilet and it would not flush but the maintenance man was not picking up his phone they told me they had a jacuzzi room available but it is a smoking room. Couldnt take that room because of a rowdy group next door and I didnt want to risk m my son not being able to sleep. My husband fixed the chain in the toilet and they took 1/2 off the room that night. There are burn holes all over the comforters and the room was not cleaned before we got there being there was a pizza box with left over pizza in one of the dresser draws. When I checked out I was told that it would not allow the check out because I owed the 1/2 of the price of the room that they credited me the first night. Finally got out of there. Didnt want anything fancy but was expectiving a clean room that did not give me a sore throat and chest congestion from the smoke. Stay as far away as possilbe.

Room Tip: if you want a good room go elsewhere
Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here after finding a voucher in a local magazine. Had been to Mystic Seaport earlier in day. Staff behind desk seamed more interest in there phone than us really but room were great and couldn't really ask for more for $40 a night. Would choose here again.

Stayed May 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Large clean room, friendly staff, comfortable stay. Not too far from Mohegan Sun casino. Its a bit older, but nice enough. Most likely we will stay there again next trip, the price is right. We had an issue with that needed maintenance, he came within 15 minutes, no complaints.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Saugerties, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

Needed a cheap hotel to stay at on a Saturday night so we could go the Foxwoods on Sunday and Monday night for the luxury and FREE rooms there. This hotel is close enough to drive to both casinos without much time or effort, so that worked. The price was certainly cheap enough to afford to go out there an extra day. The room was semi-clean, the bed was a bit scary and not all that comfortable... we slept in clothes and didn't touch the top coverlet. The bathroom and shower were reasonably clean, however the towels were stained yellow, which I didn't notice until AFTER I used it. That did not make me smile. I don't think I would stay here again unless I had no other choice, but it wasn't the worst place I have ever stayed in either. For about $10 more, I should have stayed at the Days Inn in Mystic.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Allen, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

We picked this hotel offering a good price, but on arrival were informed they had no rollaways contrary to the claims of the corporate site. They gave us a cheaper rate and offered a second room. Good for a nights stay, but not a lot of extras, which I did not expect for the price.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Monroe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

We were staying here due to the impending snow storm predicted overnight and early am.We had to be at Foxwoods Casino for an event in the early am. I was pleasantly surprised with this room. The only negative I would give was that the heat was not on in the rm when we arrived and it was cold. I turned on the heat immediately and w/ in 2 hrs I had to turn it off , because it got so warm in there. The rm was very clean and the bathroom looked like it had recently been redone. I did not use the microwave or fridge. The beds were pretty good as well. I got a AAA rate . There was no breakfast offered, however that was not an issue for us. Great deal I would stay here again.

Room Tip: we stayed on the top floor less traffic
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

As you can see from other reviews I tend to go to Mohegan Sun in CT and stay at various hotels. This trip I figured try to find a cheaper hotel as all you really need when traveling alone is a shower bed and TV. Rodeway Inn satisfied those needs but not sure it was worth the savings over some other places maybe 30 bucks more

First got the room for 50 dollars so cant complain about the price.

Upon arrival no one at the desk but I heard talking in the back so I called and they came the guy was very nice and quick/easy checkin.
Drove to the room and pulled up in front of door yes its an Inn so doors open to outside. Walked in and very big room however there was a little odor (I sprayed my Axe body srpay but thought maybe if I stay again bring a scented candle:))
Unpacking I brought things into bathroom where unfortunately I saw the ring in the bathtub (see pic). Again I was traveling alone so able to see beyond but ideally they should have done a spot check of the room to make sure cleaned.
So took shower got ready, room was on first floor so basically walking on thin carpet over concrete slab.
Went out for the evening. When I came back got ready for bed. Again musty smell in room sprayed, got in bed sheets also had a musty smell sprayed.
Set up my computer but internet was a bit slow so took tylenol PM and went to sleep.
Oh yeah the TV had tons of channels so would have been nice to have a channel lineup. It was a nice mounted flatscreen.
Got up next morning and checked out.

SO again overall not the best but again its was 50 dollars. Not sure I would stay again likely would go back to QUality Inn across the way which was like 30 dollars more and it had pool and breakfast, both i doubt id use. So in a pinch id maybe try again so would recommend to those that arent too picky and ok with saving a few dollars to spend elsewhere.

The manager did mention they are doing renovations when I checked in so maybe will improve.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!