“A pleasant stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   425 Bridge St., Groton, CT 06340 (Formerly Knights Inn Groton/Mystic Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Groton
Greenville
“A pleasant stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Right out of the gate, the service was excellent as soon as I walked in. The young man behind the desk (Jason I believe) greeted me when I entered and checked me in with a nice mixture of friendliness and professionalism. Before I walked out he told me if there were any issues or questions, to please call him. As I walked up to my room, I tried the key and it did not work. After a few times someone peered out of the window at me from the room. As I was about to apologize to the woman, another young man from the office came running up apologizing to me and the woman. He stated that he had moved her to that room earlier and had not had the chance to update the system yet. He asked me to return to the office where I would be issued another room with no changes to rate. The whole time as we walked back to the office, while issuing me my new room key, and as I was leaving he kept apologizing for any inconvenience. I smiled and told him that he could stop now. I told him that he discovered an issue and took care of it immediately and he had no reason to be sorry. The room was very nice and spacious. The WiFi was excellent. And the young lady that worked the desk the next morning when I checked out was just as friendly and professional as the gentlemen before her. Top notch all the way around people. I can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hayward, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife, son and I spent a week here while visiting relatives. We booked the room as part of a package with airfare and a rental car. The hotel is very close to our relatives and seemed to be a bargain.
Unfortunately the room smelled a little off (possibly mildew). The pillows were so badly stained and spotted that you could clearly see how bad they were through the pillow cases. The office was able to exchange three of the four with marginally cleaner pillows but then they ran out.
The room had two queen beds which was fine for the three of us adults. Unfortunately they would only have two sets of towels in the room. It required a nightly trip to the office in order to get a third set of towels. Every night we made at least one trip to the office for towels or other missing items. One day all the soap was removed from the bathroom and none was left....
The room was pretty large and included a small refrigerator and microwave but no coffee maker. My wife mentioned the lack of coffee maker to the manager when she talked to him on the 2nd day and he told her he had removed them to take to his other motel (Super 8). What he didn't mention and we didn't find out until the fifth day was that they had coffee available in the office in the morning. It would have been nice to know.
The staff was generally friendly and would try and provide us with whatever was missing each day but it took regular trips to the Office to get what we needed. They even neglected to make up the room at all one day!
I don't think I'll ever stay at this hotel again. This was my first experience with a Rodeway Inn, I don't know if it's typical of the chain or not but I'd be very hesitant to stay at another one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Terence W, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Greg,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Rodeway Inn and taking time out to write a review for us. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. We take our guest feedback seriously and will try our very best to make improvements in the areas you’ve mentioned. We will continue to offer exceptional service to ensure a great experience for our future guest. We hope you can give us another chance in the future as we continue to make improvements to our property.

Regards,
Rodeway Inn
Groton, CT
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

For under $50 we had a large, comfortable room. The bathroom was in good condition. We enjoyed our showers. WiFi was fine. The staff was friendly and made us feel welcome. The room was quiet and we slept undisturbed. It would have been a five-star experience but for one problem.

We'd requested a non-smoking room and it was confirmed when we checked in. But when we entered the room there was a stale tobacco tinge to the air. One of the chairs had a cigarette burn. We opened the back window and the door to air it out a bit. Then I checked several doors on both floors of the property and found that none were labeled as non-smoking. We concluded that changing rooms would be unlikely to improve things, since it appeared that there were no actual non-smoking rooms.

Bottom line is that we were comfortable, so I don't want to overstate the tobacco issue. Cranking the air conditioner to lower the room temperature improved the air quality and after a while we didn't notice it unless we went outside and returned. We'd probably stay here again if we needed a room in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hopewell Junction, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I'd rate the motel a 2.5. Went to Block Island for the day and needed an inexpensive place to sleep for 1 night. We arrived at 10pm and left at 8am the next morning. For what we needed and the price we paid, the motel worked well. It is a 5 minutes drive from the New London CT Ferry. Hit Mohegan Sun in the morning and it was a short drive (approx. 15 minutes away). Room was clean, but king bed was uncomfortable and only had 2 pillows. For an 8 hour stay, $116 was worth the price in this area. Make sure you request a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: Request Non Smoking if you dont' smoke
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
East Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at this motel and found it to be very nice. The double room was very spacious and clean. It came with a refrigerator which most times you have to pay extra for. It had been recently painted and the bathroom was like brand new. New HD tv. Its location is excellent to New London seaport, Mystic and the casinos. It is a quiet location. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick the double beds room very spacious and clean.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The room and overall appearance of the motel was very bland especially considering that it had just been through a major renovation. The room had no wall art or decorations, drab curtains, bed spreads and carpeting, making it a very dull and uninviting room. There were no standard amenities such as coffee pot and iron & ironing board in the room. The room was clean however. The bathroom was adequate and clean as well. Given the fact that this motel was "no frills", I would have expected the price per night to be well below $150 (with taxes). I was glad we were only there for one overnight and checked out early the next morning.

Room Tip: Don't expect much more than a bed and shower from this motel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We booked this place 3 days in advance and it was the best value in the Groton mystic area upon arrival we were very pleased with how clean the building is and when we went to our room it was practically brand new fresh paint flat screan tv very clean carpet no "motel" smell just clean and larger than we expected overall great experience we would definitely stay here every time we are in the area the front desk staff very friendly

Room Tip: King bed no smoking excellent value large room very clean
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!