“Awesome food, but be warned if you are trying to bring a big group.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of KOTO Japanese Steak House

Ranked #20 of 106 Restaurants in Groton
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse, Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Awesome food, but be warned if you are trying to bring a big group.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I've been to koto numerous times and came here last year for my birthday. Without me asking, they put my party in the private room because I had so many people and it was great. I made a reservation last night for my boyfriends birthday for 25 people. I even called to confirm the reservation so through two phone calls they never mentioned to me that our party was going to get split up. When they seated us, 18 of us got to sit together and two facing hibachi tables and the other 7 people had to sit basically behind us so we were not sitting together at all and couldn't even socialize. Had I known they were going to split us up I would have gone elsewhere. We had two people waiting on us and my boyfriend was right in the middle and apparently there was a miscommunication about which table he was technically sitting at and as it turned out, neither waiter took his order and he had to say something at which point his order was taken so quickly and the waiter walked away before my bf could order a sushi roll as an app. Each table got their food cooked at completely different times so even though my bf was right next to me, my food was done about 15 minutes before his and the rest of his table. As always, the food was awesome. But after this experience I'm not sure if it's worth going back. The manager was extremely rude to me because a couple members of my party were running late. The bartender was rude to just about everyone. Overall just not a great experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Groton, Connecticut
“Yum!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is not for the budget conscious. Expensive menu but it is delicious. Service is ok...however you don't leave thinking "I can't wait to go back". Hibachi show is always good . I wonder if they have a happy hour ?

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hauppauge
“Delicious Hibachi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went here based on the tripadvisor reviews and they were spot on! Food and service were great!! We ordered hibachi but chose to sit at a booth instead since it was just the two of us. Everything was great!!! I really loved the layout of the restaurant. The hibachi tables are in the center and there are booths all around the outside. There was a sushi bar in the back, but we did not try that. I had the chicken and shrimp hibachi combo. My husband had the filet mignon hibachi. Both were excellent!!! Thank you!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Hampshire
“Fun, delicious food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Koto has really great food, everything we tried was great. The atmosphere was fun with lots of action, was very entertaining. I would highly recommend a visit.

Visited August 2013
Groton, Connecticut, United States
“All the Varieties of Japanese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We bring the kids there for the hibachi dinners ("the place where they throw the food in the air") but choose a booth for a dinner for two with udon and/or teriyaki. It's all very tasty and we eat there regularly.

Visited May 2013