“Great Indian cuisine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mirch Masala Cuisine of India

Mirch Masala Cuisine of India
156 Kings Highway, Groton, CT 06340 (Formerly G Williker's Table & Tap)
+1 860-445-8043
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Waterford, Connecticut
“Great Indian cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love this type of food, and my evening meal was delicious. The dining experience met all of my expectations.

Visited January 2013

Gales Ferry, Connecticut
“Great Indian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great food in an easy to get to location! The staff is friendly and knowledgable. It is definitely the best Indian restaurant In the area!

Visited December 2012
VT
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Just off I95 and attached to a Ramada, don't judge a book by its cover. Delicious authentic dishes, friendly polite and attentive service, convenient and clean. I will definitely eat here again. Excellent appetizers, and Tikka Masala and Chicken Saag

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Arrogant!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We ordered an appetizer and separate entrees. The evening started out well until my entree arrived. I ordered the Vegetable Jelfrezie. It was incredibly sweet. It was terribly off-putting because the waiter asked how spicy I wanted it. I mentioned this to the waiter. He acknowledged my concern and left my table. Moments later, the proprietor came over and declared "that's the way this dish is made. It's a sweet and sour dish. Next time, you should not order the dish if you don't like it sweet. In essence, she blamed ME for ordering the dish!! Just to see, we checked various online sites and could find NO Jelfrezie recipe that called for added sugar. I explained that her menu does not indicate "sweet and sour" just degrees of spicy. She gave a rude response to a seemingly innocuous observation. We've patronized the restaurant before and had a marginal experience. I won't give this place a third bite at my wallet.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Laurel, Maryland
“Best Indian food I have ever eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband had a business trip to Groton, Connecticut, and I went along for the ride. Mirch Masala was the restaurant located in our hotel. We ate there one night when we were too tired to go out and LOVED the food! Indeed, we loved it so much that we ate food from that restaurant a couple more times on that trip! I met the owner of the restaurant and promised him that I would review his restaurant online because I loved the food so much. A bonus is also that we could order the food as carry-out and eat in our room! Really nice option at the end of the day. . .

• Visited November 2011