“Really??” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Groton B&B and Inns
Virginia
“Really??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Well the staff was friendly. The rooms left much to be desired at the price we paid. The hot water was there sometimes. The room was clean. Curtains to keep out the morning light and outside lights would be nice, sheers don't cut it! I guess you could call it quaint? It needs a lot of work, but it could be a great property. Never did find the remote for the TV, and have no explanation why a picture came off the wall while we were out, exposing the breaker panel. Would I stay here again, NO NO NO NO.

Room Tip: At another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The room we get was convenient and perfect for your needs. We really appreciated the confort of the bed and the kitchenette. We made our meals there and we also appreciated to have access to the laundry. The room is air conditionned. But the best thing there is the beautiful view on the Thames river, the sunset are just great. Mike was our host and he welcomed us warmly. He was always available to ask us if we needed something and to offer his help. I defenitely recommand the Thames Inn and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Jefferson, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

For all you travelers wether it is business or pleasure This place is great!! Debra Cindy Lynn and rest of the crew.. were incredibly hospitalble and professional. Came down with a bug during my business stay and they bent over backwards to make sure I was ok and comfy.. It was a snowy and icy week and they had the parking lot cleared 200 percent of the time....Nice Quaint town perfect location ....access to everything..Clean Clean Clean.
Well equipt kitchen... and Awesome King Size bed.....was suppose to stay one week I stayed 2 because of their professionalism!!!! Will see you soon, When I have to go back to Groton
Thanks Again!!!!
Lisa

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

I was lucky enough to stay at the Thames Inn and Marina while on a trip to see the Miss Connecticut 2010 Pageant. I am Miss Maine 2009 and was asked to perform at the Miss CT pageant so naturally I was looking for a place to stay but because there were multiple events going on, many hotels were booked or way out of my price range. I happened upon Thames Inn and was pleasantly surprised by the friendly voice that picked up the phone. Debbie, the owner, was more than accomadating. Her friendly tone over the phone immediately made me want to stay there and I knew I would be well taken care of. Upon arriving, the Inn was under a bit of construction but the inside was perfectly fine, very clean, and comfortable. Debbie even let me use her personal steam iron to make sure my gown was flawless for Pageant night! I would highly recommend Thames Inn and Marina if you are looking for great service and a relaxing time right on the water. It was my pleasure to stay there and will probably be back at another time! Thanks again!

Susie Stauble, Miss Maine 20098

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Spencer, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Well, I must say what a shock! What a difference! This coming from someone who has been going for years - five, and always on this very weekend and kept going because of the Inn's location. What a turnaround! And we have some horror stories we could share. We were so impressed with the professional way the Inn is being handled now and very pleased with the way the new management is handling every detail to accommodate her guests. The room we had was CLEAN and even fully stocked with towels, shampoo and soap. What a bonus! Our past experiences could be categorized in the horrendous column but we are such die hards so we thought..one more time! And we are SO happy we did. All of the staff at the Inn (yes there was actual staff and good ones too) was most attentive to all of the guests needs. This year was like night and day! We so look forward to next year's visit and many more to come! Truthfully my fear is that with the turnaround we won't be able to get a room for next year's event - Book me two now please - LOL !!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Rutland, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Pleasantly surprised ! Really enjoyed the stay. The staff was attentive and the place was extremely clean. What a change from previous years. The new management is doing an incredible job.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
ARCATA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

This is no chain hotel,, this is down on the docks with the locals .
On the Thames river in Groton this hotel is like sleeping on a boat without getting sea sick. Working fishing boats share the parking lot and if you want to charter a fishing trip you can step out of your bed onto the boat. The place is in transition with a new manager that is turning the place from a crusty barnacle into a comfortable place to stay on the river. A short ways from the submarine base and museum the view of boats large and small passing by never ceases to entertain. The place is being worked on and some of the rooms are better outfitted than others but the manager is working hard to turn this place into a gem. Nessled between several sea food and pasta restaurants you can walk to this place is not plush but awsome!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Thames Inn and Marina? Share your experiences!