“Your survey” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Groton
Muscatine, Iowa
“Your survey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Good people providing a very good service at a reasonable price for your area. I wish that you would initially bill for the same price as the confirmation. The facility and staff were very, very good. I am not able to find enough words to complete this 200 word minimum. Do you have facilities in Iowa/Illinois that would qualify us for any future discount programs that are offered by your company? Thanks to all of you for your you excellent help. We will consider your facilities in the future when we travel east again. I hope that I am close to the 200 word minimum now. Thank you to all of you. Bob

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel was very nice and offered a free breakfast. BUT very disappointed to arrive and find out our room did not accommodate a family of 5 after making this clear when booking online with a 3rd party company. When booking online I chatted with a rep. who had me wait to check with hotel. He told me he talked to a person (he gave me the name) from the hotel who said it was fine and there would be a roll away bed in the room. When arriving the girl at the desk said that person would not have given the ok because only 4 people allowed in one room due to coding. She then proceeded to give me my keys and let me have the room. Seriously! At this point after being on the road 7 hrs we were ready to relax and did not question it any further. So we made a comfy bed on the floor with a fluffy duvet and a blanket for our youngest child. We had the feeling they really did not care, they had the room booked for the night and that was what mattered. So basically someone was not being honest. The hotel was nice but honesty means much more to us so therefore I would not book a room through the online site or this hotel in the near future. Called Hampton Inn corporate office today and explained that I understand I booked it through a 3rd party online site but they might have some unhappy customers like me who were promised something they are not given such as a bed! They too did not really seem to care because their reply was they had no control over what the third party person tells the customer, which I totally understand. Instead they could have said thank you for bringing this to our attention and we can look into this further.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Staten Island, NY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Safe, clean hotel.. Very hard working staff. Just drop the price.. Use your AAA card for a few bucks off.. I don' like that your telling me that I have to write 200 characters.. The hotel is very good what more to say J OFF..........

Bronx, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I generally like Hampton Inn: good internet service, predictable room quality, and the complimentary breakfast. At this particular location, the pool was horrible (freezing cold water, which seemed dirty with a sediment on the bottom). The carpet in the room had very noticeable stains and I found a black hair on the supposedly clean sheets. Not attractive. When I put that out of my mind, the rest was acceptable. But if I return to the area, it won't be to this hotel, but I will still consider Hampton Inn in general (my other experiences with the chain were much better).

Jacksonville Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel's staff is very welcoming & friendly. The proximity to New London & to Mystic is perfect. Rooms very nice with refrigerator & sm. microwave. I never heard guests while in my room. The breakfasts are good & the warm cookies in the afternoon are a nice touch. My 2nd stay here & I will return in Sept. :-)

new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Not one of the newest Hampton Inns, but clean, nice staff, nice pool and really decent breakfast. Close to Misquamicut Beach, RI and Mystic if you are looking for nearby attractions. Olio restaurant 100 yards away decent dinner. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Boston, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a fairly inexpensive hotel with descent services and very big rooms. It does lack some of the bells and whistles that you get at other hotels and doesn't have a shop to buy some necessities should you forget to bring a item or two on the trip. The good news is they have both a Walgreens and a CVS right down the street and it is a great location and very close access to the highway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn - Groton? Share your experiences!