“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Groton
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had a nice stay at this place on a Friday in Feb. The lobby area was nicely decorated and there was a free grape drink and cookie tray.

Our room was clean and there were no major concerns. The carpets were old, and probably the only thing I would change in the room. The walls were a little thin, and we could hear our neighbors.

It is close to Mohegan Sun. It was about a 13 minute drive to the casino. The price here is much better at $98 than staying at the casino which was $500+.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you can't get a room at foxwoods or mohegan Sun this is close to both for an overnight stay. Free hot breakfast and great coffee, tea and hot chocolate bar free all day as well as fresh fruit and iced beverage in lobby. Very helpful staff and lovely rooms. Don't hesitate...(Applebee's next door).

Bristol, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, in Groton, CT after attending the Celebrity Chef Dine Around at Mohegan Sun. This was an easy choice because we have had comfortable stays in other states. We live in CT, but did not want to drive home at midnight, an hour away.

Because of what I do for a living (residential property management), I did a thorough bed bug check. No bugs to be found. Phew! I also checked the center of the mattress and pillows for stains. I found none, which is rare in any hotel. Thumbs up! The public bathrooms and dining area is very clean and modern as well.

The staff was very friendly and helpful in suggesting a shuttle for travel. I know the area so I was hesitant to spend $25.00. It covered both myself and my husband, round trip. When I realized the event we attended was sold out, it made sense. The hotel parking lot was full as were the casino lots. Taking a shuttle was very smart! There was a snafu where the shuttle was overbooked. It did not affect me personally, but I felt bad for the people who had to wait the extra half hour for a new shuttle. The schedule was poorly organized. I saw the list myself and there were no names or room numbers on the shuttle list, not even my own. I heard a 1:00am booking ask to get on an hour early, the driver said yes. A whole bunch of people came out at once squishing themselves on board. I noticed at least 2 people who were not even in a seat, but in the aisle of the shuttle. 4 people who booked were turned away, 2 of which should have been able to get on board if the 1:00am booking did the right thing and got off the shuttle. Uncool. I informed the morning staff so they were aware. Tsk tsk.

The beds were so comfortable. I have a very expensive bed at home and theirs is better. Our room had a microwave and fridge. We didn't need either since we were there only one night. That is a very important feature though for longer stays. Everything was clean and neat. They have glow in the dark tv remote controls which is very helpful. The only thing in the room that was a disappointment was there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. You can use your own imagination for why that is a problem when there are no windows.

All and all, I will be going back next winter for the 2014 Sun & Wine fest. I learned quite a bit and will remember my own tips.

Room Tip: If you book a shuttle to the casino, make sure to be waiting outside when it arrives. This will giv...
Valhalla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Came across this hotel while looking for a place to stay close to Mohegan Sun. The pool and fitcenter were clean and taken care of. Courteous and helpful staff always around and cleaning, cleaning cleaning :). Lots to do in the surrounding area. Great find in a lovely town close to the sea.

Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Good location for the submarine base. The food was so-so. The hotel staff was good. The bed was marginally comfortable. The heating system had no thermostat. I'd stay there again only because of its proximity to the base.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
new england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

stayed for a week - clean, very friendly staff and helpful. beds are comfortable. rooms are are the smaller side. pool area is nice - maybe the pool could be a little cleaner and wished they had a hot tub. workout center is well kept. breakfast was decent - typical continental buffet items. location was good - near stores, restaurants and easy to get in and out of parking lot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ParagParekh1982, Manager at Hampton Inn - Groton, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Kathy,

Thank you for your kind words in review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input as new perspectives help us to stay on top of our guests needs. We will keep your suggestion for additional amenities in mind as we look towards future advancements. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope yo have you back again soon.

Parag Parekh
Hampton Inn Groton, CT
Phone: (860) 405-1585
Parag.Parekh@hilton.com
Providence, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hearing that this was an older Hampton Inn, I wasn't expecting too much here. I ended up being very impressed on a recent Friday Night stay where my wife and I attended a concert at Mohegan Sun. The bed was comfortable, and the room was very clean. The bathroom was a little small, but it was more than sufficient for one night. The video checkout actually worked(its amazing how it doesn't at many properties) The breakfast was satisfactory, and all the staff we encountered were very pleasant and welcoming.

The rates are a little high on the weekends for what you get, but the whole area around the casinos is high on Friday and Saturday. I'd prefer to stay a little closer, but I wasn't about to pay 400 to stay on property or 239 to stay at the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Its about a 10 mile drive to Mohegan Sun on a windey road, so call a cab or designate a driver if yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn - Groton? Share your experiences!