“Superb Hotel and Spa” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Groton
A TripAdvisor Member
“Superb Hotel and Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2005

Stayed for two nights July 6-8, 2005. Food delicious. Bedroom very, very comfortable. Cleanliness, superb. Spa absolutley outstanding: Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. This is my second time back here and will be back many more times.

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
South Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2005

I just got back from two day stay for a conference. The hotel is extremely clean and well kept. The staff was very helpful with a few exception. Room service breakfast did not arrive as ordered. My order was lost. They re-took my order but did not really take responsibilty for the error.

The room was very clean and well appointed. The beds were ok, but not as good as the Sheraton beds.

Food service staff at the meeting walked arround with walki - talkies plugged into their ears and seemed more focused on the food than the folks trying to get to the food. The food was just ok, not great, not bad.

Overall the hotel is a good place to stay, but not warm and fuzzy.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2005

My mother, sister, oldest daughter and I booked a spa weekend here at this hotel. We booked a Triple A rate of $189 a night and requested adjoining rooms. We even arrived at 9 PM, and we did not have any problems with our reservations and we got what we requested. The self parking was free but you could have your car valet parked for a small fee ( I think it was $8 a day). The bellmen were very friendly and helpful. The lobby is very lovely and the hotel is kept very clean. Coffeemaker is in the room. No honor bar in the room however. The only real problem I can report is that one of the tubs kept backing up because the drain stopper wouldn't stay open. The restaurant food was not excellent, just average. There is a Starbucks kiosk located in the lobby near the restaurants. The pool was large and so was the hot tub. This hotel sets aside specific hours just for adult swimming, which is nice. The exercise room was large and fairly well equipped. The spa services were pricey but the staff was very professional. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2005

Just spent my 30th birthday at the Marriott and it was absolutely fabulous. As you know, the big 3-0 can be a traumatic number for women so I decided to treat myself to a spa experience at the Elizabeth Arden Spa and some dinner and gambling at Mohegan Sun.
Traffic was horrendous on I-95 and I was late arriving to the spa for my appointment. They were completely accomodating and exceptionally welcoming. It was just what I needed after a treacherous car ride. If you try the spa, make sure to sign up for the Warm Shea Butter Body Melt...it's to die for!
The accomodations for the hotel were very nice and the staff was courteous. We were planning to go to Mohegan Sun for dinner and the staff suggested taking a shuttle from the hotel. This saved us a major headache of parking and worrying about driving.
The only complaint I had was with breakfast the next morning. The food was very good but Sunday is a big morning for breakfast so they were not putting food out on the buffet fast enough and we had to wait for a very long time. I'd say get there early but if you are like me, I don't want to have to get up early on a Sunday morning just to race to breakfast. Sunday is a leisure day and they should plan for an abundance of people at breakfast.
Overall, the whole overnight was wonderful and I would most definitely recommend this hotel and spa. And I will return there!

Stayed April 2005
Long Island NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

Top class hotel with highly professional staff and above average restaurant (The Octogon).

The Elizabeth Arden Spa is on the premises and is a well run environment with a staff that communicates well with the customers.

Tendancy for business related conferences and seminars, but also close enough for Hotel shuttle van to amke schedule sruns to Foxwoods and Mohegen Sun Casinos.

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

I stayed here with my boyfriend during Valentine's weekend for a quick getaway. It was a fairly nice hotel. However, our room was situated at a poor location. It was right by the elevator right next to the ice & soda machine room = sleepless night. Throughout the night, there were guests constantly getting on and off the elevator so there was a lot of noise. The ice machine kept cranking and was just listening to falling ice cubes the entire night. Also, if you prefer a really soft bed, you would probably have a good night's sleep. If not, you would have a bad back (like me) in the morning. If you want to eat at the restaurant for their breakfast buffet in the morning, try getting there a little earlier. We got there at around 10-10:15 and had to wait for 20-25 minutes for a table. The food was decent.

Nevertheless, I still love Marriott's service. After our stay there, I received an email survey from Marriott and I wrote the truth. I received in the mail a letter from the manager of Marriott apologizing for a bad stay and offered me a one night complimentary stay the next time I visit.

Just be sure you don't stay near an elevator & ice/soda machine!!

• Stayed February 2005

Been to Marriott Mystic Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!