“One of the Best Marriots” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Connecticut
“One of the Best Marriots”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at the Mystic Marriott recently and were very impressed. We've stayed at many Marriotts and this one was possibly the best yet. The rooms and entire hotel were very clean and well-maintained. The staff was consistently very helpful and friendly.

The room prices are a little higher than expected, which is why I rated 4 stars instead of 5.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Only an overnight stay but our corner King Suite was clean and spacious. Check in was quick and efficient and friendly. Breakfast at the Octagon Restaurant was great - lovely menu choices besides the usual buffet. Room was on 4th floor and pretty soundproof. Would recommend if staying in the Mystic/Groton area. Only 5-10 mins drive to the Mystic Aquarium.

Room Tip: Go for a corner suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Westford, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went there for my 21st birthday. Michael at the front desk made check in very easy, and informed us of good places to eat and visit in the local area. He answered all of my questions and was very pleasant to deal with. He even sent up complmentary champagne and cake for me and my boyfriend to celebrate. I would recomend this place to all of my friends. :-)

Room Tip: lake view was lovely in the morning.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Westport, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My son and his fiance got married in Mystic CT December 29, 2012. We had 40 rooms booked at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa in Groton for our guests and family. The hotel could not have been more perfect. The front desk staff was very welcoming and handled our every need. They gave out all our guest goodie bags to all the incoming wedding guests. The rooms were clean, comfortable and beautiful. All of our room service needs were met with expertise. We had breakfasts brought into the Brides room and the Grooms room on the wedding morning. Check in was handled perfectly and professionally. We had a Sunday Good Bye Brunch and it was even more than we expected it to be. The staff that handled that were on top of our every need and it could not have gone any better. Everyone was thrilled with the choices of food and the service.
Overall, the Mystic Marriott was the best choice we could have made for all our needs that glorious wedding weekend. Thank you

Room Tip: Corner rooms are big and bright and very comfortable. All rooms very quiet..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Prior to checking in - on the phone - I requested a late checkout. Was told OK - 2pm. On my departure day I was told we must be out by 12. Upon check -in- told that the request for two beds is just a request - they tried giving our family one bed & a pull out couch!! During - room had hair dangling from the bathroom vanity - the shower liner holder was broken. When asking the desk for requests - the answers are "no". Unbelievable - you are MUCH better off staying one exit down the highway at the HAMPTON INN. Their prices are reasonable - and they offer free breakfast. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Glastonbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We frequented the hotel often and were always pleased with the service. This year the hotel was upgraded, all Marriott hotels were upgraded and because of this prices were increased. No longer worth going to the hotel as the location is horrible. Room views are of highways and it is a few mile drive to get anywhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a little over a week while on a business trip. This hotel is quite nice. The rooms are big, with a small couch to sit on, and the beds are comfy, with multiple firmness pillows to choose from. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There are connections to the TV on the side of the bureau you can use to connect your laptop or other device to the TV, so I was able to stream movies, which was good. The heating system was noisy. I was able to tune it out, but I know some people would find it irritating. The room I was in (348) overlooked to roof of the banquet area of the hotel. I was usually only in the room at night and don't care about a view, but for those that do, you may want a room in a different section. There is a Starbucks in the lobby area, but I did not get coffee there because I had to leave each morning before they opened (6 AM). I did eat at the restaurant, however, and it was excellent, although expensive. I expected that though. The pool and hot tub were nice and clean. The fitness area was decently equipped, although most of the time it was too crowded. There is a Red Door Spa in the hotel, which is a nice feature. I made use of the spa once and it was worth every penny. The only complaint I had for this stay is that every day, the coffee supplies in the room were not completely replenished. I had to go ask for more creamer, sweetener, stirrers, cup lids on several occasions. I'd stay here again for a quick trip, but I think on my next trip of this length or longer I'll opt for a hotel that has small kitchens in the rooms or at least a microwave and fridge. I may also look for a hotel that has other businesses in walking distance. This one did not.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Mystic Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!