“Must try” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Mystic, Connecticut
“Must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have lived in New London county for 34 years. Have seen many good and bad restaurant come and go throughout the years. Sometimes you get in the habit of going to the same familiar places to eat based on the experiences you have had before. I had been hearing about Chester's for many year and had just not gotten around to trying it before. Decided to see if all the great things I have heard from friends and family suited my taste. The only regret I have is not trying the food for the last several years. The place is clean, the people are friendly and attentive. The food is incredible. I have had some great BBQ before and this place rivals some of the best. Spread the word.

Oakdale, Connecticut
“Quite Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had a hankering for BBQ and since I found myself near Chesters around lunchtime I stopped in for the first time.
Quite a diverse food selection - I had the brisket sandwich which didn't look like it was going to satisfy me but it turned out to be more than it seemed.
I plan to go back and try the "sampler" to see how some of the other offerings are.
Not cheap though but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Great BBQ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Chesters is tucked away along side Ocean State Job Lot but it is worth the trip to find. Great BBQ and if you are lucky enough to be there on a day when they have their barbequed corned beef--you have to have it!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Chester Knows BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Just great! I've sampled BBQ all over the country and Chester's is the real deal. I had baby backs, chicken and brisket, a nice sampler. The brisket was thick sliced and perfect. The ribs were murder in the first degree, to die for . Lets not forget the chicken which was rock solid. This is home cooked BBQ done right. So, go out of your way to get to Chester's , you will be glad you did . Don't forget , bring your own beer!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing Brisket Chili”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have only had the chili, but it is so good that it is worth its own review. It isn't a cumin/chili powdery deal...it is chunks of smoked brisket in a sweet and savory bbq stew. I don't like the corn bread that comes with it, too fluffy and cakey for me, but I couldn't care less because the chili is amazing. It is so meaty that it is its own meal, even for a guy. There is plenty of seating, although it has a fast food booth atmosphere. It is also BYOB, so probably a good place to go with friends and keep costs down. I wish I didn't live four hours away...

• Visited August 2013