“close to casino and great value” 4 of 5 stars

Flagship Inn And Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route 184 - 470 Gold Star Highway, Groton, CT 06340   |
Ranked #12 of 13 hotels in Groton
Stamford, Connecticut
“close to casino and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

i love the casino, and i love having a few days to play.
but i dont want to spend 500 a night on the casino hotel.
there are other options in the inbetween but im an "all in" type of person, if i dont stay in the closest and most convenient hotel in order to "save money" then ill save money.
this hotel is clean, sufficient, not noisy, and is good for the money. Every time I stay at foxwoods or mohegan sun (i prefer mohegan) I stay here.
It is not luxurious, but if you are looking to save money relative to the other rates, its clean, its decent, and its good for its purpose.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My brother and I spent a night here last minute while spending some time at Foxwoods. The exterior is definitely worse than the interior. Outside was pretty run-down looking with peeling paint on doors and stairways. Inside the room was actually clean and the bed wasn't bad. Didn't stay for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past Saturday night with our family.

PROS:
Free wifi (have to ask for password)
Easy check-in/check-out
You park right outside your room

CONS:
Run-down on the outside and inside
Broken remote/broken window/broken desk drawer/broken tv cabinet
Shower was the anti slip railing part
Mirror had rust on it
TV was very limited channel wise
Floor was DIRTY! My one year old was walking around barefoot, and her feet were almost black.
Door didn't shut very well
Use an actual key as opposed to key cards.

Overall for the price I was expecting a t least a clean room. They really need to upgrade this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
lc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

wow remember the old motor lodges. well this is one ,never updated went into room obviously floor not cleaned in a long time ,hair in bathtub, coffee maker broke ,no internet as promised air condition didn't work .not a good experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!
My brother-in-law booked two rooms for us to stay here for one night. We checked in after 11pm and immediately walking into the room, there was an odor of cat pee. The rugs have obviously never been cleaned - there were disgusting stains on the floor, curtains and the one chair in the room. There were dead bugs on the floor. The curtains looked like they've never been washed. It was after 11pm and we had two kids with us, so we decided to just go to sleep and deal with it in the morning. When my brother-in-law arrived with his girlfriend, I had already checked in for them and given them the heads up of the room status. It wasn't until the next morning at 8:30 that I discovered they slept in their car, because they found bugs in their bed in their room. When I went to the front desk to let them know that my brother-in-law slept in his car, the man was very rude and told me there were no bugs in the bed and they should've complained when they had the problems, not in the morning. I told him I didn't feel that I should have to pay for a room that wasn't used and that it's not proper to tell a customer that they are wrong. Didn't he ever hear that the customer is always right? He proceeded to tell me that he's been in the business for 16 years. I told him that I've worked in hotel businesses and customer service for 21 years. I asked him if I could be reimbursed and he said no. I told him be was very rude and left.
I'm not a person to complain, but I honestly feel that this place should not be in business. I've never left a bad complaint about a motel/hotel EVER!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I was going to stay there two nights. I walked in and right out. Nothing like the pictures. Drill holes through the lock on front door, smelled awful, dead bugs, dirty bathroom and the worse was the very evident stains on the bedding.. I payed extra $10 and stayed at a clean hotel up the road.

• Stayed July 2013
Glendale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Decent sized room for the cost. The room was clean enough and ok for a overnight stay. I thought it was fine,I didn't do the breakfast. Front desk staff is friendly enough. I would recommend this to someone who needs a quick, cheap stay and who is not very picky.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Flagship Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!