“DO NOT SLEEP HERE!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Groton
Connecticut, United States
“DO NOT SLEEP HERE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was the WORSE hotel I have ever been in. What was supposed to be a wonderful stress free Mother's day weekend, turned into waking up in filth. Dirty condoms, stains in the bed, no bed sheets, only a thin white blank to cover the mattress. The man at the front desk was rude and called me a liar to my face and told me he didnt have a bug problem. I woke up before my boyfriend in time to clean up the hundreds of Ants that showed up over night, after killing more than a dozen when we got there. The man wouldnt refund the money and our TV was broken. We had to hit it just to get the picture to work on 1 of 10 channels we had. Called in a reported them to health services. Check yourself for ring worm and possible STD's sleeping in this dumpster! I guess you get what you pay for. They gave us one little shampoo for the two of us and the man told me if I wanted towels I had to bring down my dirty ones to the front desk and then he would give me new ones.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dedham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Flagship Inn and Suites in Groton, Connecticut. I haven't stayed there for a very, very long time. I called way in advance, made my reservations, specifically told them I wanted to be put in the quietiest area and definatally on the top floor because I am a very light sleeper and can't stand anyone over me.

I can't sleep if people above me are walking/running around and making a lot of noise, especially if they have children with them.

When I got there, they put me on the first floor and I would say the "loudest" area they could find. In fact, when they told me where I had to stay, they didn't even have any cards for me to use to get in the room. I had to wait for someone to bring me a key.

At that point, It was too late for me to try and book a room at another hotel. I was coming from Massachusetts and had no other telephone numbers with me for any other hotels.
So, I grabbed the key and left.

The place had really gone downhill. Looked like a real dump! The bathroom door on the bottom was all rotted off. The shower could not be used and the water just came out heavy, never seen anything like it, hard to describe it and I also never even got any hot water. The coffee pot was filty and obviously not cleaned. The beds certainly were not inviting and the pillows were very uncomfortable. The TV was not working properly, only got a couple of stations, stations I wouldn't even watch. There also was only a half roll of toilet paper on the roll; they never even filled them up. They say you get a continental breakfast, if that's what you call it. What it is is that you have to go in the office and there is only a little counter where you just get a cup ofcoffee; they had cereal and milk in a container, which, by looking at the cereal; I would never touch it, they had the smallest "out of date" bagels that were individually wrapped and way out of date, and tiny, tiny donuts wrapped individually and were hard as a rock; you couldn't eat them. They had a toaster there to put these tiny bagels in, which I tried, but, they never even popped up; so they burnt. When the alarm went off, the guy came in from wherever he was and yelled at me for causing smoke. I told him his damn toaster didn't work; that was not my fault that it never popped up tself. That was your "free breakfast". And, if two people stood there to try and get breakfast at the same time, it would be a wait because only one person can get what they want at one time. I guess they purposely do this so no one would even bother standing there or taking anything. It cost me $80 to stay in this dump and that was with Triple A discount. Next time I go to a hotel, if it's too expensive for my budget; I will just stay home, or, I will just sleep in my car. Anything is better then staying here.
I wish the Board of Health would investigate this place. Someone has to do something with the people who are running it. It's a disgrace!

Room Tip: Do your homework. Check out other hotels in the area. The ONLY thing about this hotel that is any...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Corinne, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This has been the worst experience, desk service is horrid, i put a do not disturb sign on my door when I left and they still came in.My room was disgusting. The bed was not made, no toilet paper and dirty towels everywhere. The microwave was just nasty. Continental breakfast, yeah right! Coffee machine - out of order, vending machine - out of order, orange juice dispenser - out of order. And the office smells like something died inside. Thank god I only stayed there one night. I actually contemplated sleeping in my car but I had to be in meetings the next day so I sucked it up and stayed but I will never stay there again, even if it was free. Not worth saving the couple of bucks. NOBODY should promote this motel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Scitate, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a total roach motel. My room was disgusting. The bed was not made, no toilet paper and dirty towels everywhere. The micro wave was just nasty. Continental breakfast, yeah right! Coffee machine - out of order, vending machine - out of order, orange juice dispenser - out of order. Thank god I only stayed there one night. I actually contemplated sleeping in my car but I had to be in meetings the next day so I sucked it up and stayed but I will never stay there again, even if it was free. Not worth saving the couple of bucks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Norwood, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Miserable experience . . I got a decent price from Hotels.com. I have stayed here at least twice before and it was acceptable, although not especially clean. This time, the owner (who has all the personal skills of Basil Fawlty) told me that despite the fact I booked a nonsmoking room that there were only smoking rooms available and that he had the right to change it (hotels.com disagreed and gave me a partial refund). He was also lying - the section where I have stayed in the past was almost completely unoccupied. The room was dirty and housekeeping didn't even show up the next day. When I checked out before 10am on Monday morning the office was locked and there wasn't even the promised coffee and cereal (which has happened before). I had to call on Wednesday to see if I left a book and was told that the housekeeper was out and wouldn't be in until the next day (which suggests they don't clean everyday anyway). With my drycleaning bills to get the smoke smell out of my clothes and the fact that I ate out so I didn't have to stay in the room, the price was decent no longer - stay away from this dump.

Room Tip: Pitch a tent in the parking lot - it's cheaper and cleaner
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I booked 2 rooms through priceline for New Years Eve - What a mistake pt $89.00 each room the rooms were horrific I have never in my 40 years seen/experienced such a distasteful, dirty smelley, cockroach infested mess. Upon arrival it was really late after celebrating the New Year went to check in the smell alone in the so called lobby was enough to make someone vomit. As soon as I opened the door to the room the odor of mold and mildew filled the air it was really unbearable not to mention the insects crawling up the walls. I immediately shut the door and returned back to the check in area demanding my money back the man behind the counter offered me $10.00 per room I declined and let him know I wasn't even here for 5 minutes explained how unhappy I was with the quality and cleanliness of the room, he didn't care to even listen. He said "thats your problem lady". Without further a due I fortunately found a room down the street. I would never staynor recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Providence, RI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We booked through Booking.com which provides detailed information about properties. The amenities included a seating area, free internet, continental breakfast, microwave and refrigerator. The Flagship included all these features but certainly not at the level at which one would expect. Flagship Inn & Suites is desperately in need of major upgrades- walls need painting, carpets need to be properly vacuumed, bathrooms need to be completely redone (secure sink to vanity, seal around the shower/tub surround, finish replacing door frames, patch holes in walls). If you are offering breakfast from 7-9 a.m. do not wait until people are ringing the bell over and over to wake you up to put out stale do-nettes and bagels from your local grocery. You might want to provide a seating area for breakfast ( or at the very least, trays to bring the food and drink back to your room). Our first room had no closet, rack, or hook upon which to hang our clothes. We requested a room change but were told it couldn't be done until the following day. Following morning we were offered a rack for clothes or another room. We chose the rack but found out later in the afternoon that none was available and were assigned a different room- far worse than the first (see above comments). Office staff was friendly enough but quite laid back regarding customers needs and wants. We did not argue with anyone at the desk and quietly stayed our two nights but want to warn other potential guests to please book elsewhere...definitely not worth the inexpensive price we paid! We are urging Booking.com to downgrade their rating of Flagship Inn & Suites!
We took several photos and will add them at a later time.

Room Tip: We had to horrible rooms and another guest also complained...don't know if there are nice rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Flagship Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!