“Misleading” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 13 hotels in Groton
Providence, RI
“Misleading”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We booked through Booking.com which provides detailed information about properties. The amenities included a seating area, free internet, continental breakfast, microwave and refrigerator. The Flagship included all these features but certainly not at the level at which one would expect. Flagship Inn & Suites is desperately in need of major upgrades- walls need painting, carpets need to be properly vacuumed, bathrooms need to be completely redone (secure sink to vanity, seal around the shower/tub surround, finish replacing door frames, patch holes in walls). If you are offering breakfast from 7-9 a.m. do not wait until people are ringing the bell over and over to wake you up to put out stale do-nettes and bagels from your local grocery. You might want to provide a seating area for breakfast ( or at the very least, trays to bring the food and drink back to your room). Our first room had no closet, rack, or hook upon which to hang our clothes. We requested a room change but were told it couldn't be done until the following day. Following morning we were offered a rack for clothes or another room. We chose the rack but found out later in the afternoon that none was available and were assigned a different room- far worse than the first (see above comments). Office staff was friendly enough but quite laid back regarding customers needs and wants. We did not argue with anyone at the desk and quietly stayed our two nights but want to warn other potential guests to please book elsewhere...definitely not worth the inexpensive price we paid! We are urging Booking.com to downgrade their rating of Flagship Inn & Suites!
We took several photos and will add them at a later time.

Room Tip: We had to horrible rooms and another guest also complained...don't know if there are nice rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Exeter, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

As I mentioned in the title, I was able to get this room cheap through Priceline. I just needed one night, was in Groton for Business. I read the terrible reviews and went prepared. First thing I noticed, is they don't vacuum along the walls or in the nooks. There was dust everywhere, the light fixtures still had plastic on the shades that said "remove before use" and they were COVERED in dust. There was a used condom under the bed. I brought my own blankets and pillows. The walls and doors were filthy and dusty, took me a 1/2 hour to clean the room before i felt comfortable. I wouldn't recommend this place, but the bed was comfortable and room was quiet.

The plus was that there was a Fridge, Microwave, and Coffee pot. No Iron or Ironing Board. I felt the room was too filthy to eat in the room or make coffee in the room. Great sushi place across the street and plenty of fast food and coffee shops in the area. Very Close to Mohegan Sun and Avery Point.

Room Tip: Room was quiet, only one ice machine in Lobby, so try and be close to lobby if you don't want t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Torrington, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Do not be tempted by the discount price. Even at the discount price, you get much, much less than what you've paid for. Other reviewers have accurately described the poor quality and unclean facilities. The staff are, simply and literally, unhelpful and uninterested. One staff member spoke barely decipherable English and was unable to complete the check-in procedures. After fumbling around with the computer, he told me to come back later. Honestly, I don't think he knew how to find my reservation in the computer. If only I had found these reviews before I booked the reservation . . .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Marlton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I useay dont leave bad reviews but this place deserves one!! The check in area was FILTHY, but at this point we had traveled and been awake for so long we ignored this and hoped maybe the room would be better. The inside where you check in SMELLED so bad!! A small room where they sat in was open and you could see piles of grubby stuf everywhere. Our lock on our door was all bent and hard to get in. The room looked super old, nothing new. Worst part- ice cold water!!! Not one ounce of hot water. All i wanted was a nice hot showe after driving all day, nope, ice water. Even the sink water wouldnt be warm.

• Stayed November 2011
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Please do not stay here. at $100 this is highly overpriced, dirty, unfriendly and to top it off they charged me twice.
The front desk charged me twice and on calling them about it were extremely rude. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't get one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The worst place I never stayed . I requested 1 room on-line. When me and my friend got there the Indian male working saw 2 women he can take advantage of. He told me I order 2 rooms and to take it off the flagship had to charge a fee to unreserve it. He continually requested for more money from what I what the cost was on-line. I just saw that my card was charged for everything that was in my account from Flagship. I repeat don't go there. I am afraid to put money in my account because they took money. Stay clear of this place. They are scam artist. This happened September 2 2012.

Room Tip: Don't go to this place,
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

i stayed here last weekend to visit my fiance at the submarine base and have NEVER had a worse experience!!!!! The towels, shower, and even refrigerator had someone else's hair in it!! I figured since the hotel was cheap I shouldn't expect much but when I called in for more towels at least, go figure those were covered in long black hair as well. at the beginning of our stay we were given a friend recommendation card and at the end when we checked out instead of politely asking how everything was, the man at the front was yelling at me to drop my key off in a box sitting on the counter while he was talking on the phone. with my key I also returned the recommendation slip. I WOULD NEVER tell anyone to stay here no matter the cost. This place was not cleaned after the last person's stay, actually EVER. Dust everywhere, the ceiling tiles in the bathroom were rotting off from water vapor, and each night someone was cursing at the top of their lungs like they were right outside my door. THIS PLACE WAS COMPLETE TRASH!!!

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms still smell like smoke..and dust.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Flagship Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!