“Cheap Through Priceline, Was adequate for Business Trip” 1 of 5 stars

Flagship Inn And Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route 184 - 470 Gold Star Highway, Groton, CT 06340   |
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Groton
Exeter, Rhode Island
“Cheap Through Priceline, Was adequate for Business Trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

As I mentioned in the title, I was able to get this room cheap through Priceline. I just needed one night, was in Groton for Business. I read the terrible reviews and went prepared. First thing I noticed, is they don't vacuum along the walls or in the nooks. There was dust everywhere, the light fixtures still had plastic on the shades that said "remove before use" and they were COVERED in dust. There was a used condom under the bed. I brought my own blankets and pillows. The walls and doors were filthy and dusty, took me a 1/2 hour to clean the room before i felt comfortable. I wouldn't recommend this place, but the bed was comfortable and room was quiet.

The plus was that there was a Fridge, Microwave, and Coffee pot. No Iron or Ironing Board. I felt the room was too filthy to eat in the room or make coffee in the room. Great sushi place across the street and plenty of fast food and coffee shops in the area. Very Close to Mohegan Sun and Avery Point.

Room Tip: Room was quiet, only one ice machine in Lobby, so try and be close to lobby if you don't want t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Torrington, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Do not be tempted by the discount price. Even at the discount price, you get much, much less than what you've paid for. Other reviewers have accurately described the poor quality and unclean facilities. The staff are, simply and literally, unhelpful and uninterested. One staff member spoke barely decipherable English and was unable to complete the check-in procedures. After fumbling around with the computer, he told me to come back later. Honestly, I don't think he knew how to find my reservation in the computer. If only I had found these reviews before I booked the reservation . . .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Marlton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I useay dont leave bad reviews but this place deserves one!! The check in area was FILTHY, but at this point we had traveled and been awake for so long we ignored this and hoped maybe the room would be better. The inside where you check in SMELLED so bad!! A small room where they sat in was open and you could see piles of grubby stuf everywhere. Our lock on our door was all bent and hard to get in. The room looked super old, nothing new. Worst part- ice cold water!!! Not one ounce of hot water. All i wanted was a nice hot showe after driving all day, nope, ice water. Even the sink water wouldnt be warm.

• Stayed November 2011
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Please do not stay here. at $100 this is highly overpriced, dirty, unfriendly and to top it off they charged me twice.
The front desk charged me twice and on calling them about it were extremely rude. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't get one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The worst place I never stayed . I requested 1 room on-line. When me and my friend got there the Indian male working saw 2 women he can take advantage of. He told me I order 2 rooms and to take it off the flagship had to charge a fee to unreserve it. He continually requested for more money from what I what the cost was on-line. I just saw that my card was charged for everything that was in my account from Flagship. I repeat don't go there. I am afraid to put money in my account because they took money. Stay clear of this place. They are scam artist. This happened September 2 2012.

Room Tip: Don't go to this place,
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

i stayed here last weekend to visit my fiance at the submarine base and have NEVER had a worse experience!!!!! The towels, shower, and even refrigerator had someone else's hair in it!! I figured since the hotel was cheap I shouldn't expect much but when I called in for more towels at least, go figure those were covered in long black hair as well. at the beginning of our stay we were given a friend recommendation card and at the end when we checked out instead of politely asking how everything was, the man at the front was yelling at me to drop my key off in a box sitting on the counter while he was talking on the phone. with my key I also returned the recommendation slip. I WOULD NEVER tell anyone to stay here no matter the cost. This place was not cleaned after the last person's stay, actually EVER. Dust everywhere, the ceiling tiles in the bathroom were rotting off from water vapor, and each night someone was cursing at the top of their lungs like they were right outside my door. THIS PLACE WAS COMPLETE TRASH!!!

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms still smell like smoke..and dust.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Evans, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

First off, the manager is extremely rude. And if you can't clearly hear him b/c of his accent...he get's angry at you. I found gross large, ants in the room. The bathroom was disgusting. It is very noisy in the area b/c there are rowdy teenagers having hotel parties and whatnot. And every time you try to get some sleep, you hear drunk people down the hall. And the house keeping service always comes in at inconvenient times, like at different times, they aren't on a fixed schedule. and even when you don't want them to clean up your room, and while you're gone for a little bit, they come in there anyways and idk about you but I don't like people snooping through my things in fear something may get stolen. Other than that, the beds were really comfortable and the TV has enough channels to watch from. and the building has great wi-fi but you have to ask for the connection service password, and the manager was really rude about that too. Oh and one last thing, if you don't have a car...or any rides here and there...don't stay here. there is NOTHING walking distance but a gas station and a walmart which is like 30 mins away if you walk...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Flagship Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!