“Horrible and didn't even stay there yet” 1 of 5 stars

Flagship Inn And Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route 184 - 470 Gold Star Highway, Groton, CT 06340   |
Ranked #13 of 13 hotels in Groton
Rome, New York
“Horrible and didn't even stay there yet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I made a reservation through Priceline Name Your Own Price and ended up with Flagship Inn And Suites. I looked at the pictures and noticed it was basic. I attempted to call the Inn to reserve two double beds and non-smoking. The first time the clerk was like call back tomorrow. You are not in our system. I called back and still wasn't in the system. He was rude and hung up on me twice. Before the 2nd hang up, I heard a guest at the desk stating she requested toilet paper. She stated the clerk said be right there. At check out, she never received toilet paper. After that experience, I read the reviews on this site. I am appalled at the reviews and their customer service. I called again and was able to reserve but two double beds would cost 15 more per night. I have emails and calls into Priceline to explore options and hopefully get a refund. I rather sleep in a box or my car than this place. I tried to submit my review not selecting a circle for overall rating. It doesn't even deserve a terrible rating.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
East Hartford, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Where do I even begin???? First, the customer service was absolutely nonexistant. Clearly the only thing these people care about less than their customers is the rooms they rent out. The wireless modem was attached above our door with a paper clip, never a good omen. The inside was horrid, small, and smelly. There were cobwebs everywhere, stained carpet, no hangers in the closet, no bar in the closet for you to hang your own hangers on, water stains on the walls and ceiling, no alarm clock, no hairdryer, no ironing board, no iron, window was left open we had to walk around the backside of the building to close it properly and its curtain was broken (people could see in from the outside no matter how it was hung, a broken toilet (took 3 or 4 flushes to properly flush), and the shower was rusty and the head was missing the filter that makes the water not come out with the pressure of a firehose. If I could give this place negative stars I would!!!!!!!!! There was no power on at around 5:30 in the morning and got extremely hot in the room, it came back on around 7 or so. Oh yeah and NO BIBLE.. I wouldnt have used it anyway, but I have never in my whole life been in a hotel room that didnt have one!!

Room Tip: go elsewhere...ANYWHERE...sleep in your car if you have no other choice its probably cleaner
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

There were a few insects that shared the room with us, no bedbugs, thanks God, but 'way more than I was ready for (one was too many...), but what really struck me was the paucity and almost gleeful incivility of the front desk personnel (except for one "college-kid" who was scared out of his wits that he might be 'breaking a house rule' when giving me some extra towels!)... they seemed to delight is telly you that they "didn't have those", "never were asked for those before", "were sure that i was seeing things (the bugs) and who absolutely refused to issue a refund when we moved out early to another motel (where there WERE no bugs).

I had stayed at another low-priced motel in the area for five years in a row, and it made this place look like the Taj Mahal.

I was especially taken by the fact tat I had requested a first-floor room in the section that only had one level. I had taken pains to re-confirm this twice with the staff by phone and email and (of course) when we arrived, all those rooms (and all first -floor rooms) had been assigned already. Production of the confirming email finally got us the desired level, but the family of kangaroos on the second floor was somewhat disconcerting.

All in all, I'd rather set up camp in the middle of I-95, and I'll bet the accommodations would be better.

If anyone listens to me they'll go elsewhere and skip over this dilapidated and out-dated encampment of disappointing accommodations.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Upon checking in the counter help (barefooted)
Was very rude and unhelpful. The continental breakfast appeared to be a coffee machine, orange juice machine and a bin of Raisin Bran. Our room smelled terrible,and was very poorly maintained. (frayed carpet, peeling paint, etc)
My wife went to the lobby-breakfast area to ask if we could pay to upgrade to a better room and was told no. Very rude staff!!! Keep looking for a place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We went there on the eve of my friends wedding. We booked two rooms, for all the bridesmaids, showed up, and there were bugs in our room and in our bed. So gross, and we went to the front desk to complain and they said it was normal because they are an outdoor hotel and bugs can be expected. We said we were leaving before we even had checked in or stayed there and tried to get our money back since we did not stay there and they refused. They said that they were sold out every night because of the local casino. To those of you going to the casino, look before you crawl into bed....never know what's going to bite you!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room without bugs....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Beverly, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My mom and I were expecting a nice night in an inn so we could go to the beach the next day. When we arrived the manager was not very friendly, but we didn't think much of it because it was the end of the afternoon- maybe he was tired? We got to our room and realized that only two out of the five outlets in the room worked; only the one in the bathroom, and the one behind the TV. Our bottom sheet on the bed was a top sheet, so it kept slipping off. The sink took forever to drain, and the tub literally filled as I showered. My mom called to ask for two extra towels (because, as females with long hair, we use a towel for our hair AND our body since we don't usually walk around naked!) and the manager said no. He REFUSED to give us two measly towels, explaining that "each guest is only allowed one set of towels-" a set of towels being a body, hand, and face towel. At that point, we realized that the money we were spending wasn't worth all the broken things or the hassle of the worst customer service we have ever experienced in a hotel.
We went to the front desk to check out early because we decided it wasn't worth it to stay there. The same manager who wouldn't give us towels, once he heard we were going to leave, decided he would be willing to give us towels after all. But when we explained to him that we couldn't stay there and that we would be checking out early, he said "I don't know what your problem is..." He obviously didn't care to hear why we were dissatisfied with the service, clearly because he did not care to fix any of the issues.
We called the travel service we used to book the trip, and they informed us that he charged us for one night without telling us- even though that is not what he is supposed to do!

VERY SHADY HOTEL, very shady business. Don't go here; it's cheap, but not worth it at all in the long run- especially not if you like towels, electricity, and niceness.

Room Tip: There is not a good room here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed here a few times, just because of the low price and only place left with vacancy on such a short notice. Each time its been clean and fine. The only problem I even had was when i checked in and they called my room the minute I walked in and charged us an extra$50 because they noticed more the 2 ppl in the room... kind of BS but I dealt with it. All in all the place ok. breakfast is cheap. about 10-15 min from foxwoods.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Flagship Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!