“Not the worst place I ever stayed... that was just outside Nam Louc in '67” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Flagship Inn And Suites

Save Saved
You added Flagship Inn And Suites to your Saves list
Flagship Inn And Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route 184 - 470 Gold Star Highway, Groton, CT 06340   |
Ranked #12 of 13 hotels in Groton
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not the worst place I ever stayed... that was just outside Nam Louc in '67”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

There were a few insects that shared the room with us, no bedbugs, thanks God, but 'way more than I was ready for (one was too many...), but what really struck me was the paucity and almost gleeful incivility of the front desk personnel (except for one "college-kid" who was scared out of his wits that he might be 'breaking a house rule' when giving me some extra towels!)... they seemed to delight is telly you that they "didn't have those", "never were asked for those before", "were sure that i was seeing things (the bugs) and who absolutely refused to issue a refund when we moved out early to another motel (where there WERE no bugs).

I had stayed at another low-priced motel in the area for five years in a row, and it made this place look like the Taj Mahal.

I was especially taken by the fact tat I had requested a first-floor room in the section that only had one level. I had taken pains to re-confirm this twice with the staff by phone and email and (of course) when we arrived, all those rooms (and all first -floor rooms) had been assigned already. Production of the confirming email finally got us the desired level, but the family of kangaroos on the second floor was somewhat disconcerting.

All in all, I'd rather set up camp in the middle of I-95, and I'll bet the accommodations would be better.

If anyone listens to me they'll go elsewhere and skip over this dilapidated and out-dated encampment of disappointing accommodations.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Upon checking in the counter help (barefooted)
Was very rude and unhelpful. The continental breakfast appeared to be a coffee machine, orange juice machine and a bin of Raisin Bran. Our room smelled terrible,and was very poorly maintained. (frayed carpet, peeling paint, etc)
My wife went to the lobby-breakfast area to ask if we could pay to upgrade to a better room and was told no. Very rude staff!!! Keep looking for a place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We went there on the eve of my friends wedding. We booked two rooms, for all the bridesmaids, showed up, and there were bugs in our room and in our bed. So gross, and we went to the front desk to complain and they said it was normal because they are an outdoor hotel and bugs can be expected. We said we were leaving before we even had checked in or stayed there and tried to get our money back since we did not stay there and they refused. They said that they were sold out every night because of the local casino. To those of you going to the casino, look before you crawl into bed....never know what's going to bite you!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room without bugs....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Beverly, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My mom and I were expecting a nice night in an inn so we could go to the beach the next day. When we arrived the manager was not very friendly, but we didn't think much of it because it was the end of the afternoon- maybe he was tired? We got to our room and realized that only two out of the five outlets in the room worked; only the one in the bathroom, and the one behind the TV. Our bottom sheet on the bed was a top sheet, so it kept slipping off. The sink took forever to drain, and the tub literally filled as I showered. My mom called to ask for two extra towels (because, as females with long hair, we use a towel for our hair AND our body since we don't usually walk around naked!) and the manager said no. He REFUSED to give us two measly towels, explaining that "each guest is only allowed one set of towels-" a set of towels being a body, hand, and face towel. At that point, we realized that the money we were spending wasn't worth all the broken things or the hassle of the worst customer service we have ever experienced in a hotel.
We went to the front desk to check out early because we decided it wasn't worth it to stay there. The same manager who wouldn't give us towels, once he heard we were going to leave, decided he would be willing to give us towels after all. But when we explained to him that we couldn't stay there and that we would be checking out early, he said "I don't know what your problem is..." He obviously didn't care to hear why we were dissatisfied with the service, clearly because he did not care to fix any of the issues.
We called the travel service we used to book the trip, and they informed us that he charged us for one night without telling us- even though that is not what he is supposed to do!

VERY SHADY HOTEL, very shady business. Don't go here; it's cheap, but not worth it at all in the long run- especially not if you like towels, electricity, and niceness.

Room Tip: There is not a good room here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed here a few times, just because of the low price and only place left with vacancy on such a short notice. Each time its been clean and fine. The only problem I even had was when i checked in and they called my room the minute I walked in and charged us an extra$50 because they noticed more the 2 ppl in the room... kind of BS but I dealt with it. All in all the place ok. breakfast is cheap. about 10-15 min from foxwoods.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Graz
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We are travellers from Austria and we have booked this motel in advance. We just stayed for 1 night and it was absolutely convenient and pleasant for its price.
We had some problem first, because we booked for 3 people and expected to get 2 queensize beds, but only got one bed. After some complaining we got a different room with two beds.
The breakfast was not ok, though.
All in all it was a nice motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Do not stay here!!!! We were accused of stealing a microwave that was never in our room. They wasted our time and gas because they are dishonest people. NEVER in my life have i had to deal with such ignorance at a hotel. Motel 6 is a better stay and deal in my opinion. The room was remotely cleaned, crappy furniture. While arguing with the man at the front desk about the microwave situation it came out that it was OUR responsibility to go to them to let them know there was no microwave and that we would have gotten a refund on the price because the microwave was not included. After waiting almost an hour for the manager to get in at 12pm when we had checked out at 10:30am, 30mins early to make sure we wouldn't be charged, he finally called. He said that the microwave had been removed from the room before we checked in, meaning they were aware of it yet they still charged us for it. When i said that a refund should be given to me he said they don't do that. I thanked him for nothing and left. WORST stay in my entire life. honestly motel 6 has better customer service than this family run "business". DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Do NOT choose a room here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Flagship Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!