“Bad Experience” 1 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn and Suites Groton to your Saves list
Days Inn and Suites Groton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Gold Star Highway, Groton, CT 06340   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Groton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bowdoin, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel for January 18-20, 2013. Unfortunately they did not send me an email confirmation as a reminder. I became sick, missed 2 weeks of work. Since I had no proof of the reservation I did not remember it. I frequently check my account on line. On January 22nd 2013 I noticed a debit for $224.80 for Days Inn and Suites. I immediately called Days Inn in Groton and was told by the hotel clerk I should have had a friend cancel the reservation (say what) I would have to contact the manager after 5pm. I called after 5pm and surprise, surprise the manager was not available. I then called the next day and was told the manager would call me back in 10 minutes. Of course the manager did not call me back. I think I made the reservation through Wyndham Rewards. You can not check a reservation on line without the confirmation. I have contacted Wyndham Rewards twice by their on line 'contact us' feature. I have heard nothing. I tried calling Wyndham Rewards and was kept on hold for so long, I gave up. Considering the situation I would expect better public relations from either the Days Inn and Suites or Wyndham Rewards. I will never use Wyndam Rewards again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Waterford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was a great place to stay & would will definately stay there again.

There are a lot of places to visit, close to the hotel.

The staff were very personable, helpful, and fast with any requests.

The price of the room was exceptional for the king room suite. It didn't come even close to other hotels in the area for what you pay and get in the room. Non comparable...

I loved the fact it had a kitchen and living space, seperate & private from the bedroom area and bath. The accomodations were very nice.

The room was clean and up to date.

I cannot say enough positive things about the staff & the overall hotel experience.

I highly recommend & will surely be back when in the area next.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was very quiet. No traffic at all. No noise. No sleep disruption.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn and Suites Groton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn and Suites Groton

Address: 135 Gold Star Highway, Groton, CT 06340
Location: United States > Connecticut > Groton
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Groton
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn and Suites Groton 2*
Days Inn and Suites Groton offers a home-like environment with our 2-room spacious suites including refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron and ironing board. Several include a living room, kitchen and 2 bedrooms. Located within minutes from Mohegan Sun Casino, Foxwood Resort and Casino and Mystic. Easy on/off access to I- 95. Beautiful outdoor pool, free wireless high speed internet and complimentary daybreak breakfast. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn and Suites Groton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn And Suites Groton Hotel Groton
Days Inn Hotel Groton

If you own or manage Days Inn and Suites Groton, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.