“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Woodbridge, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

First time at this hotel and it was great stay. Wonderful staff, facility, and a great breakfast. Well appointed room and WiFi worked great. Very convenient to a Walmart if you forgot something. Easy access to many local sites on both sides of the Thames River.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cranston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My family and I came here for the end of April vacation to visit Mystic. I chose this Hilton over the one directly across from the aquarium because it had suites with a jacuzzi tub and the price was NOT in the least ridiculous! The room was super clean, and very spacious. I didn't realize there was a dial on the side of the bed to adjust the comfort level of the mattress. We had breakfast both mornings we were here because it was all you can eat adults $9.95 and kids $5.95 (i believe). The only thing I didn't care for were the pancakes here. The staff was ABSOLUTELY friendly and Personable. Not really fake like a lot of people I've interacted with in the industry. I think that's what really made my stay. Well that and the GIANT tub!! The kids had a very good time. My husband and I had a very relaxing and laid back 3 days with 2 boys and baby girl :-) . I honestly can't wait to get back here again. Also there's a Walmart very conveniently located next door, so if you forget anything....it's right there...the parking lots are adjoined. The aquarium is less than ten minutes away and there were a lot of other sites not far away that we would've liked to visit but we'll save for later. Very conveniently located off the highway. For the price...there was no question about staying here. I'm from Boston so I know what a quality hotel suite with the amenities we had goes for. For me...this place is a MUST STAY!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Willoughby Hills, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

A very positive experience. Helpful staff, clean hotel and a nice room. Other notes, very quite, and properly heated without a lot of noise.... Have had experience with HGI before and was very impressed with the positive nature of the staff and the quality of the hotel itself.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here a couple of times for business and have always liked this hotel. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast is great.

The beds are very comfortable!

Next to the hotel is a Walmart which is convenient if you need to pick up medicine, snacks, etc.

Room service was good too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chapin, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great rooms, good location to I95 or other major roads. Rooms were large, clean and had very comfortable beds. Housekeeping was great. Has fridge and microwave in room. Only negative was auto closing bathroom door, but not a big deal. I was working too early for breakfast but there was coffee, tea and fruit out at all times. Staff at front desk was always friendly. There was also a bar and restaurant which I didn't use.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bay Shore, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This HGI was spotless in every area. The staff was uniformly pleasant, accommodating and actually cheerful. The location is convenient in every aspect. This has been the case every time I am in this area on business. Should I return on a leisure trip, I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Culver City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I made a series of reservations for Hilton-affiliated properties for my wife, teen-aged daughter and me using Hilton Honors points, seeking two-bedded rooms. Unfortunately, for the Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton, I somehow failed to indicate two beds and did not notice this oversight until I arrived at the reservation desk at the hotel and found they had reserved only a King room (per my Hilton Honors reservation).

The hotel was completely booked and the only two-bedded room they had available was a smoking room, which is a no-no for our family. The check-in clerk (whose name I sadly did not get) said she would see what she could do for me. She phoned the nearby Hampton Inn, Groton (about 5 minutes away) to see what they had available. Hampton had a suite with a King bed and sofa bed. The clerk at the Garden Inn told me she would check me in using my Honors points at their property and make arrangements with the Hampton to reserve the suite there at no extra charge in $ or Honors points. She then gave me excellent directions to the Hampton.

When I arrived at the Hampton 5 minutes later, they had my room keys ready to go. No paperwork, no hassle at either hotel. So, although I never actually stayed at the Garden Inn, I felt it important to make note of their terrific customer service in fixing my own error in making reservations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Marriott Mystic Hotel and Spa
Hilton Mystic
#7 of 13 in Mystic
3.5 of 5 stars 783 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Mystic

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton? Share your experiences!