“Above-and-beyond customer service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Groton
Culver City, California
“Above-and-beyond customer service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I made a series of reservations for Hilton-affiliated properties for my wife, teen-aged daughter and me using Hilton Honors points, seeking two-bedded rooms. Unfortunately, for the Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton, I somehow failed to indicate two beds and did not notice this oversight until I arrived at the reservation desk at the hotel and found they had reserved only a King room (per my Hilton Honors reservation).

The hotel was completely booked and the only two-bedded room they had available was a smoking room, which is a no-no for our family. The check-in clerk (whose name I sadly did not get) said she would see what she could do for me. She phoned the nearby Hampton Inn, Groton (about 5 minutes away) to see what they had available. Hampton had a suite with a King bed and sofa bed. The clerk at the Garden Inn told me she would check me in using my Honors points at their property and make arrangements with the Hampton to reserve the suite there at no extra charge in $ or Honors points. She then gave me excellent directions to the Hampton.

When I arrived at the Hampton 5 minutes later, they had my room keys ready to go. No paperwork, no hassle at either hotel. So, although I never actually stayed at the Garden Inn, I felt it important to make note of their terrific customer service in fixing my own error in making reservations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Pool was great! Room was nice as well. Breakfast is a little screwy, Its suppose to be a restaurant style but there is nothing that separates it from the lobby. People seem to get a little confused about this. Overall nice and they have a connecting little road to Walmart, a plus if you have forgotten any thing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Groton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Hotel is maintained like new, friendly and courteous staff. Lots of shopping and great eateries within walking distance. Beds are very comfortable and everything is very clean. They only offer an all you can eat breakfast for $9.95, no different than a free continental breakfast offered by other local hotels.

Room Tip: Excellent local diners within walking distance and it's next to a shopping center. Easy on/off h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The staff was exceptional. The room was clean and comfortable with very little noise. Very clean Fitness and pool areas. The Hotel Manager went out of his way to find information regarding the New London Ferry Service and then he even offered to make my reservations for me. This is a very well run facility with freindly staff both at the front desk and in the Bar. I would like to return with my wife and sons for a family getaway weekend. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Groton/Mystic area. Great hotel at a very fair price.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and comfortable. The Staff was exceptional!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cape May, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here one night right after Hurricane Sandy took out the power in the area. It was a very good stay! Didn't use the pool or workout room, but the room was very clean, the bed very comfortable, and the staff was exceptional!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I took our kids to the Hilton Garden for an overnight for their birthday. We look for a property with an indoor pool as this gives the kids a chance to swim and unwind out of the cold. At check-in, I mentioned the twins birthday at the front desk and to our pleasant surprise, two bunches of birthday balloons were waiting for them in our room. Simple touch but the kids loved it! Our suite and baths were spotless and everything was in order. We spent many hours in the pool and jacuzzi- it was clean, comfortable, stocked with towels and how it should be.
We had considered breakfast off the property but opted to stay, which proved to be a good decision. A very well stocked brekafast including omelette's, belgian waffles, fresh baked cinnamon rolls and the like. All left the property full, well rested and ready for the day! It's nice to see hotel properties run effectively by people that care. We will definitely stay at this property again!!

Room Tip: The Northeast rear of the hotel has views and is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Normally Marriott is my preference. Could not find one within a reasonable commute so I went with reliable number two. And very happy that I did. It had been a very long day and all I wanted was a light meal and a cold drink. I was thrilled to find that they had a restaurant on property. Can you believe homemade soup in a chain hotel and it was delicious. The room was spotless, the linens fresh and clean, the bathroom in perfect order. A efficient work space and speedy wifi connection. Breakfast in the morning including made to order omelets. Every staff member I encountered was pleasant, efficient and concerned that they were meeting my expectations. When my business travel brings me back to Groton I'll forgo the Marriott and stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton? Share your experiences!