“Very nice, biz trip to the Navy Base.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Groton
“Very nice, biz trip to the Navy Base.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had a good four night stay at the hotel, Good room, comfortable beds (adjustable air) which I liked very much. breakfast was good although I did not go for the hot buffet and was happy with coffee, toast, and yogurt. Also enjoyed the cookies at five pm each evening. of which I grabbed a couple for an after dinner desert. People were friendly and the hotel was clean

Booked at a per diam gov rate

I used the pool and hot tub one evening, and that was a bit cloudy. Management should keep a better eye on that one.

The hotel Restaurant was good for an easy evening meal. Also ate at OLIO's just a short distance away. This is is an excellent upper scale restaurant. Another evening we hit the Five Guys Burgers across the street (walking distance)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The HGI Mystic Groton had excellent service, including check-in, cookies for guests, and breakfast. The room is decent but nothing extraordinary. The made-to-order breakfast was excellent, and, although the pool and hot tub were nice, they were over-chlorinated, and I suspect that may have contributed to my kids getting sick that evening, which meant we had to cut our trip short. We had a problem with the lock on our door, and although it was a frustration for my husband at midnight, they did give us a discount on our room when we checked out early to bring our sick kids home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a clean and modern hotel conveniently located just off I95. We visit every year for a conference in New London, and find the hotels on that side of the river to be a bit dingy. The drive is worth it for a nice secure and well maintained hotel. Staff was friendly and accommodating. My only complaint was the noise from the kitchen we could hear in our room, but I've yet to find a hotel without some annoying noise - be it the elevators, a/c and heating units, obnoxious guest etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Northern Neck, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The staff at the check in desk is very friendly. The lobby is clean and updated. The rooms are furnished nicely. The only things we noted was that the bathroom didn't smell very clean musty/urine like the floor had been cleaned with a dirty mop and that the comforters on the bed made sleeping somewhat difficult, because they were of a material that sounding like rustling paper when anyone moved. The food at the hotel restaurant was great and staff was very nice. Over all I'd give them an B grade. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
long island,n.y.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hilton is expert in the hospitality buisness. From the welcoming attitude of the staff to the cleanliness & attention to comfort they top the list. One of my pet peeves about staying in hotels are the filthy carpets that are too often found....never in a Hilton! I felt comfortable enough to go barefoot! Loved the clean duvet for every guest & we got to try out a temperpedic type number bed! I always try to book my stay at a Hilton when not lodging in a B&B.(Incidentally, I've stayed in every single casino/hotel on the boardwalk in Atlantic City,N.J. & the boardwalk Hilton surpasses them all by far in cleanliness, comfort & overall hospitality.)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is a very nice, clean hotel. The staff is very friendly and eager to provide any assistance necessary. The breakfast buffet is pretty standard, with cook to order options and a friendly, helpful waitress. The fitness room is simple but adequate, and includes a Precor stretch machine that is a good way to start the day. Also, there is a nice looking pool, which unfortunately we didn't have time to use. The only disappointment we had with this hotel, and the reason for our "very good" instead of an "excellent" review, is that the bed sheets were not up to Hilton standards. They were very thin (almost like gauze!) and not as comfortable as all the other Hilton properties we've stayed at -- and we've stayed at a lot all over the world.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I were in CT for a funeral last week, and my sister-in-law recommended the Hilton Garden Inn and Suites in Groton as it was fairly close to the funeral events and far enough outside Mystic that the prices were more reasonable.

The hotel lobby was very comforting kind of like walking into a fancy house with a fireplace, and nice smells to boot. The elevators are a little slower than we would've liked, but other than that, no complaints. They have a nice sized pool and hot tub that were barely used, and they had vending machines on each floor next to the ice machine. Our room had a microwave and mini-fridge which we did utilize. Our room was cleaned each day we were out and about, and when we had the do-not-disturb notice on the door, they left us alone.

I must say this hotel is a 180 degree difference from the last time we stayed in Groton! We were very pleased with everything. It would have been nice to have a continental breakfast each morning, but the hotel is located a block away from a Stop-&-Shop and a Walmart, so we were able to pick up milk, cereal, plastic bowls and spoons, and have breakfast in our room every morning watching tv and waking up at our own pace. I would definitely stay there again, and recommend to all my friends and family if they are looking for a place nearby Mystic. Wonderful customer service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton? Share your experiences!