I booked a 2 room jacuzzi/fireplace suite here for 2 nights for my family of 4 based on price and all of the great reviews. I really loved the idea of being able to have a separate room for my kids during part of our trip, and of course the jacuzzi! We were pleasantly surprised by the lobby when entering and the staff and check-in was very friendly and helpful recommending a restaurant nearby. We took our bags to room and noted that there were only 5 pillows for 4 people and 2 bath towels- no big deal, it is not uncommon to have to call desk for these items. My kids wanted to swim so my husband went to front desk while I took kids to pool. Staff gave him towels and said they would look for pillows (no housekeeping staff in hotel). After swimming for a while (pool was nice enough, if not a little cool for being heated) we went back to room to change for dinner. A knock came at the front door, my husband answered and a minute later came to tell me that apparently there were no more pillows in the entire hotel?! Apparently they suggested that we give our children some of the "extra" pillows from our bed. When I booked the room it was stated that it would accommodate up to 4 people so why only pillows for 2? And since when are guests only allowed 1 pillow each? That pretty much set the tone for the rest of our stay. Fireplace would not even turn on (didn't bother to complain because I figured it would not be taken care of anyway), checked 3 times for the coffee and snacks we were told were in the lobby but coffee was never made after breakfast, breakfast was less than fantastic but atleast it was free. And the worst part is that upon check-out, after being asked if everything was okay, staff stated that they were having a "pillow shortage". In other words, they already were aware of the fact that there were not enough pillows to accommodate guests BEFORE fully
the rooms. May I suggest a drive to WalMart?!
For the price we paid I would have been happy with the property if not for the annoyances we experienced during our stay, but I don't think I would take another chance staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold is your destination for comfortable, friendly and affordable accommodations near the I-395 business corridor. Visitors to the Mohegan Sun, Foxwoods Resort Casinos and MGM Grand Casino at Foxwoods will enjoy our unbeatable hotel value and free hourly casino shuttle every weekend. (Shuttle reservations must be made in advance.) Relax and enjoy yourself gambling, or taking in a concert or event while we take care of your transportation.(Please contact the hotel direct for shuttle times.) Sports fans will also enjoy our convenient location near venues for the Connecticut Defenders baseball team and Connecticut Sun basketball team. When you're not busy at an event, you'll enjoy our comfortable rooms and vast amenities: a heated indoor pool, hot tub, fireplace and whirlpool suites, free high-speed Internet, new flatscreen TVs in each guest room and more. Start each morning out right with our free hot, home-style breakfast before exploring the Griswold and Norwich areas! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, AmericInn Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Lodge And Suites Griswold
- Americinn Lodge & Suites Griswold Hotel Griswold
- Americinn Hotel Griswold