“J House - Wonderful Hospitality, Friendly Staff, Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The J House Greenwich

Save Saved
You added The J House Greenwich to your Saves list
The J House Greenwich
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1114 E. Putnam Avenue, I-95 Exit 5, Greenwich, CT 06878   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Greenwich
Columbia, Maryland
“J House - Wonderful Hospitality, Friendly Staff, Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The J House was fantastic on so many levels. The rooms were amazing, the bed was super comfortable, the furntiture and decor in the room was top-notch. The bathroom was great with a lovely shower (great water pressue and a removeable wand which made showering my 3 yr old easy and safe) and a european style toilet/bidet. The provided iPad could work the lights, temperatue, shades, wake-up call, service requests, room service, towel delivery and more. Even without the super cool technology the room was great. The staff, across the board, could not have been friendlier and more hospitable. The public areas had the best art that even my kids could enjoy and talk about. The food was great, the Chocolate Bar incredible and the outdoor patio is a very unqiue and great space. I would recommend this hotel to any and all - business, couples, family, singles!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
J House Greenwi... H, The J House Greenwich Guest Services Team at The J House Greenwich, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear dpaul75,
Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic feedback with us! We are thrilled to hear that our amenities exceeded expectations during your stay with us. Here at The J House Greenwich, we pride ourselves on our superior hospitality efforts, and happy you were able to experience this for yourself. Thank you kindly for recommending our hotel to fellow readers and travelers. We hope to be of service to you again soon.

Happy New Year!

The J House Greenwich Guest Services Team

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the J House for the first time for 15 nights whilst on business. I hadn't intended to stay in Greenwich as my office is in Norwalk, but Sandy made this the nearest reasonable hotel.

I can say without a doubt that it was a great choice and now I'd willingly stay there again to explore the area.

The service was, on the whole, completely friendly and accommodating. I think that there were a couple of little improvements (check in guy was preoccupied and not especially friendly when I arrived but I didn't see him again and everyone else I encountered on the front desk was excellent), the replenishing of coffee items in the room wasn't attended to properly and I had to ring for fresh supplies 3 or 4 times.

Considering the amount of time I spent here (just after Sandy and in the snow!) it was a home away from home.

The bar is particularly good with great food and very friendly staff. The clientele are a friendly bunch and I struck up a few conversations at the end of very long hard days.

Being at the J House on a long business trip completely bearable!

Keep it up and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed November 2012
J House Greenwi... H, The J House Greenwich Guest Service Team at The J House Greenwich, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Kittster1,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the details of your 15-night stay here at The J House Greenwich. We are happy to learn that you had such a great experience overall, but regret if we fell short on a few instances. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our Executive Committee so that no other guest reports similar issues. As always, we sincerely appreciate your honest feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Happy Holidays!
The J House Greenwich Guest Service Team
Mystic, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

After my second stay, I decided a review of this place is a must. The hotel is fantastic. It is one of the most unique hotels I have stayed at. It has iPads in room, Japanese style toilet, mirror TV. The hotel and restaurant seems to be very popular and the patio bar is the happening place at night. Everyone was amazing.The best hotel around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at The J House Greenwich, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear ccbo514,
Thank you for your review and continued loyalty to The J House Greenwich. We sincerely appreciate your wonderful compliments on the modern amenties at our hotel. It would be a pleasure to invite you back again soon!
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at The J House Greenwich, the new, classy, boutique hotel in Riverside, CT. I read about it and decided to give it a try for a weekend. What a great decision! The living room and library areas gave an inviting, welcoming, warm feeling when I walked in. The front desk agents were polite and knowledgeable. And I could not miss the delicious smell of the chocolate coming from Chocolate Lab next to the front desk. My room was very comfortable with big sized bed, high quality linens, spacious bathroom and heated toilet seat. The technology in the room was similarly very impressive; everything was at my finger tips on the iPad to control the lights, curtains, and television which was a mirror on the wall when it was not in use. I had a very good sleep in the quite room and the room temperature was perfectly set. Service was impeccable, and the food in the eleven14 Kitchen was a dream. I enjoyed my stay and have already booked my room for December when I return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear IIde S,
Thank you for your wonderful recap of The J House Greenwich. We really enjoyed reading your comments about the impeccable service you encountered, as well as the warm and inviting atmosphere you described. Our guest rooms are very high tech yet comfortable, and we are glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to your next return in December!
Warm Regards,
Mamaroneck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

hello,
I had the opportunity to stay for a week-end away from home (but still close to home) in this new great looking hotel. once you enter the lobby, you know you're in for a treat !!! first the chocolate smell coming from the Chocolate Lab makes you detour the front desk. All the members of the staff was courteous informative and willing to make our stay unique. in a good tentiveway.
The room was spacious, the bathroom something to remember with the techno-toilette, wide shower, and the bed....watch out for this one once you hit it you fall asleep until too late (set your alarm)
we had diner at the eleven14 restaurant and love every minutes of it Food the best!!!Service very attentive, and pastries made next to you in this inviting spot all glassed in where chefs wave you in !
the JHouse has a very inviting feel, you don't want to leave. you feel at home and yet it's better ! When is my next trip there?

Room Tip: the top floor has a computer space and a small lounge area great to end the evening quietly I ave n...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear didier b,
Thank you for your review and choosing to stay at The J House Greenwich. Yes, the smell of chocolate in the lobby is definately tempting for most guests who enter our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to read that our staff exceeded your expectations during your stay. We are glad you found our guest room amenities to be memorable and comfortable. It would be a pleasure to invite you back again soon and be your new home away from home.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed here three times, yes I know I must be crazy. The hotel is in an area I do business so I have tried it out and wanted it to work. It does not. They spent too much on technology , which does not work most of the time. They have no sense of customer service. The front desk is a small "chic" counter that does not handle the needs of a real hotel with clients who want to just check in with some amount of efficiency. The first time I stayed here my IPad which controls all of the rooms functions, did not work for room service. After manually calling down to place an order all the staff cared about was the my IPad was not working. The last time I stayed there was an event in a tent six feet off my room that was loud all evening. There was no mention of this happening when I reserved my room. My advice, stay away and anywhere else you can find a room.
The J House is a total let down.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at The J House Greenwich, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear wspook,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback. We appreciate your continued patronage at The J House Greenwich, but sincerely regret to learn of the details of your recent stay. We always make it our priority to put our guests first before any kind of technology issue. Rest assured, your comments will be addressed with our Executive Committee. If you have any other additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact our General Manager, John Sheedy, via phone at: 203-698-6990 or via email at: jsheedy@jhousegreenwich.com.
Best,
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really wanted to like this place. It's new and the linens and bed are good. But there are a number of shortcomings. Number One: there is no room service. The in-room iPad listed room service as an amenity. Despite the vaunted technology the hotel boasts, you can't place your order online. So I made the room service request old school style by calling the proper extension. My order was taken by the restaurant and confirmed over the phone. One hour later no order. I went downstairs...mayhem at the restaurant. Seriously--I witnessed at least three separate tables walking out. No record of my order. Sympathetic to the plight of the restaurant, I placed a simple order of 1 plate of fries and a chocolate chip cookie. Had a coke at the bar. After 30 minutes I gave up, went to the basement and raided the vending machine. Number 2: The crowd, especially in the both the indoor and outdoor bar, appears to be monied in a showy and not particularly tasteful way. Some of the hotel guests are the same--during the day I saw a woman in a bikini with an open robe and no shoes hanging out and walking all over the lobby, restaurant, and outdoor bar. Number 3: The staff are pleasant but do not appear to have the operational resources or information to do their jobs well. This is just not a well-run establishment. However, if you aren't demanding about service and aren't too discerning about the calibre of bling--this is your ticket b/c the rooms are not that expensive.

Room Tip: All rooms have the same boxy look and there aren't any views. This is after all a former, highwa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at The J House Greenwich, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear FreqTravel77,
Thank you for taking the time to post your honest feedback on The J House Greenwich. We sincerely regret to learn of the details of your recent experience. It is definitely out of the ordinary for our kitchen to lose a Room Service order, and we deeply apologize to hear this may have happened to you. Rest assured we will address this incident with our Food & Beverage team, and will make sure this does not reoccur again moving forward. It seems the people you came in contact with during your stay were not dressed appropriately, and we will be sure to re-emphasize the importance of our dress code policy here at The J House Greenwich. If you give us another chance, it would be a pleasure to regain your confidence and restore your trust in our product. We would like to find a resolution for your troubling experience. If you would like to learn more about our offer, please reach out to our General Manager, John Sheedy, via phone at: 203.698.6990 or via email at: jsheedy@jhousegreenwich.com. Again, we thank you for sharing your valuable comments.
Guest Services

Been to The J House Greenwich? Share your experiences!