“Great ambience and delicious food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Elm Street Oyster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 142 Restaurants in Greenwich
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Greenwich Avenue
“Great ambience and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We've gone here a couple of times and the ONLY thing we have not found great is the folks are not very friendly. The first time we went there was after we had gotten married....just the two of us and when I mentioned it to whom we think was the owner or at least the manager, he didn't say a word and just led us to our table. Not very friendly! However, the food is terrific and it is a charming place.

Visited April 2012

Beechhurst, New York, United States
“Neutral”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The food was ok but the place is a bit small and cramped. Staff was friendly and attentive. I ordered the New England clam chowder and it had carrots. Who puts carrots in NE clam chowder? Personally, I don't like it when they do. Other than that, I can't say the food was exceptional but it wasn't bad either.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersy
“Great lunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

We had a great meal at this restaurant for lunch. We were a party of 12 and everyone ordered something different. Every entree was perfectly cooked and had wonderful flavors and sauces. The waiter was friendly and recommended some wonderful dishes. The portions are large so bring a big appetite.

New York City, New York
“Excellent place for seafood lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have been going on a regular basis to this restaurant and I have not been disappointed. Considering myself as a connoisseur in seafood, the fish is always perfectly cooked, never over or under done. I enjoy their shellfish and oysters and their extensive menu. Obviously there is nothing served but seafood but I love it. I highly recommend this place in Greenwich. It is actually the only place in town I go to; I found most other places nothing special and over rated.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
White Plains, New York
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

There are a lot of nice restaurants to go to in this area. This is not one of them. Everything is just average.

Visited July 2012