As you will drop a bundle for a meal here I will review all that was wrong in some detail - and you can decide on your own if its worth it.
Where to begin? OK - from the beginning. We were a party of 5.
1.Upon arrival there was no attendant out front (or sign to indicate there was one) so we pulled into the parking lot. While walking to the restaurant a man called from across the lot telling me to leave my key in the car. Upon asking why he indignantly said, "Because I am the attendant". When I offered him the key it was too much for him to come over to get it and he said in a huff, "Fine. Just leave it there." OK....
2. Our appetizer order was not taken correctly and we all waited (a long time) for it to be corrected. Meanwhile they made no attempt to cover our plates or remove them to keep them warm. Subsequently they got cold.
3. The white wine ordered to go with the appetizer was off (seriously so). We chose another and despite the long delay awaiting the correct appetizer, the second wine appeared only when all were half done with their food. We therefore passed on having it opened.
4. There was one benefit, however, to our appetizers sitting so long. It allowed enough time for an inch-worm to crawl out of the salad atop one of them. Another wait ensued for that to be 'corrected'. (And still the second wine came too late.)
5. As entertainment, two staff got into an argument right next to our table. (You can't make this stuff up!).
6. When the red wine came I asked for a piece of bread to clear the palate before tasting. Not a unreasonable request for a $180.00 bottle of wine. Fully five minutes later, it arrived. (We were told it had to be baked!?)
7. Our main course was not good. The veal was bland, as was the lobster, which was also dry, while the accompanying risotto was tasteless.
We've been here before (but are not "regulars") having followed the chef when he moved from La Panatiere years ago. All previous visits were at least 'very good', if not 'excellent' This one was a complete waste of money.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.